Windows 10: What wrong with Windows 10 1903 File Explorer file sharing ?

Discus and support What wrong with Windows 10 1903 File Explorer file sharing ? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have share one directory called workarea among 3 computers. Computer that has Windows 10 1809 Home Pro File Explorer shows only workarea being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gator4814, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Gator4814 Win User

What wrong with Windows 10 1903 File Explorer file sharing ?

I have share one directory called workarea among 3 computers. Computer that has Windows 10 1809 Home Pro File Explorer shows only workarea being shareable for all 3 computers. Other 2 computers that have Windows 10 1903 Home File Explorer shows & allows access to thousand of files and directories for all 3 computers located under users. I have try to make workarea not shareable which works but as soon as I make that directory workarea shareable for everyone the problem returns. Have no more ideas to try.

:)

Gator4814, Jun 19, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 19, 2019
  3. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jun 19, 2019
  4. geno368 Win User

Some files listed in Windows Explorer are blue font

I seem to have run out of room on a Windows XP Pro system. I tried to defrag but don't have but 7% room available. I looked in Windows Explorer to try to find some huge files that might be corrupt and I see a few that are listed in blue. What does that mean? I have not compressed anything on purpose. Thanks

geno368, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. What wrong with Windows 10 1903 File Explorer file sharing ? - Similar Threads - wrong 1903 File

2. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  3. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer-Share: Trying to share a set of files. When I hit the Share key I get "THIS APP CAN'T SHARE NOW" I've used this app before, in fact only less than an hour before with no problem. Aanay ideas ?...
  4. File Explorer-Share

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What's wrong with file explorer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What's wrong with file explorer: * Related: ITS A VIRUS PLS HELP ME I am experimental guy who always does something with the pc so today i did something like downloading " AUSLOGICS DRIVER UPDATER " apk cracked version and extracted it through winrar and when i extracted it and opened the exe something just...
  6. What's wrong with file explorer

What's wrong with file explorer: I am experimental guy who always does something with the pc so today i did something like downloading " AUSLOGICS DRIVER UPDATER " apk cracked version and extracted it through winrar and when i extracted it and opened the exe something just popped like cmd cracked version and...
  7. File explorer sorting Wrong

File explorer sorting Wrong: I updated to Windows 10, version 21H1My files are sorting wrong. When listed ascending by name, it puts names that are "the same but longer" before the "plain" name. It used to be like this picture below:I need it the old way. When I have a bunch of files of "the same but...
  8. File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer

File Sharing - Problem Copying Files With File Explorer: With Win7 support gone, I finally got 2 Win10 x64 Pro v1909 machines up and running. Like so many other Win10 users, I have struggled to get network sharing to work. I have Googled, read and followed countless procedures and suggestions over the past few weeks, ad nauseam....
  9. need fix File Explorer windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    need fix File Explorer windows 10 1903: The address box in file explorer is opening and closing at a quick rate and nothing responds in file explorer. In Edge the address box comes down and stays down. This was a come and go thing but is now most of the time. It also does this in anything explorer related. But when...
  10. File explorer wrong color

in Windows 10 Customization
    File explorer wrong color: After this October update, that a friend of mine told me that File Explorer would have a matching color of your system default theme, light or dark, I only got this monstrosity in my system. It's wrong in both light and dark. Someone could explain me how can this be fixed?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file sharing on windows 10 1903

2. file sharing in windows 10 1903

3. file share win 10 1903

4. win 10 1903 writing to shared folder,
  5. sharing files windows 10 1903,
  6. windows 10 1903 file sharing,
  7. windows 10 1903 sharing