Windows 10: What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What I love about Win10? The only feature for me (besides DirectX 12) that I really 'love' is Print to PDF. As it stands other than that I like it just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidY, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Boozad Win User

What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

What I love about Win10? The only feature for me (besides DirectX 12) that I really 'love' is Print to PDF. As it stands other than that I like it just as much as Win7, nothing else really sets it apart.

Boozad, Jun 25, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Now that is a great new option. I like that for sure.

BunnyJ, Jun 25, 2015
  3. Boozad Win User
    It was/is a great move from MS, a very handy feature.

Boozad, Jun 25, 2015
  4. DavidY Win User

I'd forgotten about Print to PDF - yes that's an excellent one. I always installed a 3rd party utility to do this, now I don't have to worry about installers which try to get me to run 'foist-ware' .

DavidY, Jun 25, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    The fact is, there are really a ton of little features that you forget about on a daily basis, like Print to PDF.

Mystere, Jun 25, 2015
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    True.. I just really like it.

BunnyJ, Jun 25, 2015
  7. DavidY Win User
    True.

There are also some nice features introduced in Windows 8 which most folks upgrading from 7 won't have experienced yet. For instance:
    • File Explorer and Task Manager were both revamped and for my money improved in Windows 8
    • Fast Startup
    • Ability to natively mount ISOs
    • The Winkey-X 'power tasks' menu
    • Again this is head rather than heart, but having a baseline anti-malware product installed as part of the OS was a big step forward (and helps protect the rest of us too)

DavidY, Jun 26, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

One of my favorite features in 8 & 10. I had to really train my self to stop going to all apps or using search like in 7.*Thumbs

Cliff S, Jun 26, 2015
  9. bromanbro Win User
    omg! love dat shortcut! Thanks!

Another great one - Winkey+# opens up a program on your taskbar.

bromanbro, Jun 26, 2015
  10. DavidY Win User
    Although good, this one is also in Windows 7 so doesn't make it to my list for the purpose of this thread (which is to mention new features added since Windows 7). *Wink

DavidY, Jun 26, 2015
  11. Mystere Win User
    Actually, I think it was in Windows XP too, maybe even Windows 9x.

Mystere, Jun 26, 2015
  12. Although good, this one is also in Windows 7 so doesn't make it to my list for the purpose of this thread (which is to mention new features added since Windows 7). *Wink Actually, I think it was in Windows XP too, maybe even Windows 9x. "Windows key + Number key" was introduced in W7 (along with Taskbar Pinning).
    I use that shortcut everyday.

It does nothing in my XP VM.

lehnerus2000, Jun 27, 2015
  13. ICIT2LOL Win User

Have started my own thread as maybe this was the wrong spot.

ICIT2LOL, Jun 27, 2015
  14. PRMan Win User
    This actually already exists in Windows 7.

PRMan, Jun 27, 2015
  15. ksdixon Win User
    The copy window interface from Windows 8. Able to pause individual copy processes. Also multiple copy processes will slot-in underneath in one copy windows. There's no more re-organizing different copy windows on your screen like Windows 7.

Live Tiles. No more needing to boot-up your browser, visit your email page, visit weather.com, visit your calendar page etc.

ksdixon, Jun 27, 2015
Thema:

1. What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - You’ll Love Upgrade

2. Love Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Love Windows 7...: In the past, Windows 7 is a good version of Windows, as it is the fixed version of Windows Vista and many of people here used Windows 7 a lot. Windows 7 is a legend version of Windows.Shame that Microsoft ended servicing Windows 7For now, I'd like to take a look at it, make...
  3. Love Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Love Windows 7...: In the past, Windows 7 is a good version of Windows, as it is the fixed version of Windows Vista and many of people here used Windows 7 a lot. Windows 7 is a legend version of Windows.Shame that Microsoft ended servicing Windows 7For now, I'd like to take a look at it, make...
  4. What will users lose when doing a Windows 10 in-place upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will users lose when doing a Windows 10 in-place upgrade from Windows 7: Hi, We will being doing a number of upgrades from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise. Other than uninstalling incompatible applications and installing newer versions, I am concerned what the users will lose once the upgrades are complete. In other words, I...
  5. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  6. I would love to upgrade to Windows 10 from WIndows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I would love to upgrade to Windows 10 from WIndows 8: I have Windows 8 on this laptop. I know when Windows 10 first came out they were letting everybody download it for free. Now my question is do you have to pay for it now or is there a way you can still download windows 10 for free. I would love to upgrade to Windows 10....
  7. Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft announced today that it will be launching Windows 10 on July 29th, encouraging Windows 7 and 8.1 users to reserve their free upgrade with a notification in their task bar. However, while the company has been busy highlighting all the shiny new features in the...
  8. What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Today Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will launch on July 29, and in documentation detailing the upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1 to the new OS version, the company provides us with info on the features that will be removed when you decide to take advantage of the free...
  9. Five new features you’ll love in Paint 3D in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Five new features you’ll love in Paint 3D in Windows 10: [img] Five new features in Paint 3D 3D Made Easy Remix3D.com Community Realistic Textures Unique MEME Creator 3D Doodle Our beloved Paint has gotten a major makeover, and it’s better than ever. In celebration, we are highlighting five of our favorite new features....
  10. Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8: That's my current thinking so far with Windows 10. I find Microsoft did right by focusing first and foremost on the enterprise as that is the largest and most important demographic to address with every release. Windows 8 didn't really focus so much on the enterprise as...