Windows 10: What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Discus and support What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; They say there will be significant security improvements in Windows 10, such as two factor authentication:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DavidY, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Victek Win User

What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Victek, Jun 27, 2015
  2. lafjax Win User

Oh yes! I can't wait to try all this out...

lafjax, Jun 27, 2015
  3. DavidY Win User
    That article is from back in October. Does anyone know if those features actually got built into the OS?

DavidY, Jun 28, 2015
  4. Molyy Win User

This is awesome. Although in Office 2013 we can already save as pdf out of the box. Or is printing to pdf different? I bet the advantage is you can now print from any program to pdf, not just from Office 2013...

Molyy, Jun 28, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Well, there's the new Windows Hello biometric security features...

Mystere, Jun 28, 2015
  6. DavidY Win User
    Yes - it appears in the list of 'Printers' and instead of getting a physical printout on a sheet of paper, it saves as a PDF. Very useful as a way of saving information on a website, for instance.

Gotcha... Does that allow you to use Authenticator or similar, or is it only a password-replacement with fingerprints etc.?

DavidY, Jun 28, 2015
  7. Victek Win User
    I think if you turn on two step authentication for the Microsoft account you sign into the OS with then it should be the same as signing in with a web browser; in other words it should ask for a verification, but I can't confirm as I don't currently have 10 installed. Perhaps someone else here can test it?

Victek, Jun 28, 2015
  8. DavidY Win User

When I tried this with Windows 8, I think it needs the authenticator once but then it 'remembers' for that computer, so for subsequent times it only asks for the password.

I think I may have tried it with one of the earlier builds of Windows 10 and found the same - can't remember to be honest and I've wiped the machine a few times since then.

DavidY, Jun 28, 2015
  9. rmonroe36 Win User
    I have the app, Authenticator, installed on my Windows Phone 8.1 and have had to use it several times with the various builds. Works very smoothly!

Rich

rmonroe36, Jun 29, 2015
  10. DavidY Win User
    I don't know how I forgot this but I use this keyboard shortcut about once a week and it bugs me when I use Windows 7 and forget it's not there.
    <Winkey>-<Printscreen>: Saves a .png screenshot of the current screen in a Screenshots folder

DavidY, Jul 23, 2015
  11. DavidY Win User
    Having played with this a lot recently to try and create a tutorial, I do think the Recovery Options are a lot better in Windows 10 than Windows 7 or 8 - with the caveat that they don't seem 100% reliable yet, but I'm hopeful they will be soon.

You can now create a USB Recovery Drive which will reinstall Windows, drivers and (with the aid of my tutorial *Wink ) installed software, onto a completely wiped hard disk.

DavidY, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. What You’ll Love When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - You’ll Love Upgrade

2. Love Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Love Windows 7...: In the past, Windows 7 is a good version of Windows, as it is the fixed version of Windows Vista and many of people here used Windows 7 a lot. Windows 7 is a legend version of Windows.Shame that Microsoft ended servicing Windows 7For now, I'd like to take a look at it, make...
  3. Love Windows 7...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Love Windows 7...: In the past, Windows 7 is a good version of Windows, as it is the fixed version of Windows Vista and many of people here used Windows 7 a lot. Windows 7 is a legend version of Windows.Shame that Microsoft ended servicing Windows 7For now, I'd like to take a look at it, make...
  4. What will users lose when doing a Windows 10 in-place upgrade from Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will users lose when doing a Windows 10 in-place upgrade from Windows 7: Hi, We will being doing a number of upgrades from Windows 7 Enterprise to Windows 10 Enterprise. Other than uninstalling incompatible applications and installing newer versions, I am concerned what the users will lose once the upgrades are complete. In other words, I...
  5. upgraded from Windows 7 to 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    upgraded from Windows 7 to 10: Just upgraded today and I'm amazed at how slow the startup is.. Did some research and saw advice to run 'crapifier.exe' But when I try to run it I just get "application error". Also my searches 'decrapifier Application Error' gets no results. Seems odd. Can anyone suggest a...
  6. I would love to upgrade to Windows 10 from WIndows 8

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I would love to upgrade to Windows 10 from WIndows 8: I have Windows 8 on this laptop. I know when Windows 10 first came out they were letting everybody download it for free. Now my question is do you have to pay for it now or is there a way you can still download windows 10 for free. I would love to upgrade to Windows 10....
  7. Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft explains what you’ll lose by upgrading to Windows 10: Microsoft announced today that it will be launching Windows 10 on July 29th, encouraging Windows 7 and 8.1 users to reserve their free upgrade with a notification in their task bar. However, while the company has been busy highlighting all the shiny new features in the...
  8. What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What You’ll Lose When You Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Today Microsoft has announced that Windows 10 will launch on July 29, and in documentation detailing the upgrade from Windows 7 and 8.1 to the new OS version, the company provides us with info on the features that will be removed when you decide to take advantage of the free...
  9. Five new features you’ll love in Paint 3D in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Five new features you’ll love in Paint 3D in Windows 10: [img] Five new features in Paint 3D 3D Made Easy Remix3D.com Community Realistic Textures Unique MEME Creator 3D Doodle Our beloved Paint has gotten a major makeover, and it’s better than ever. In celebration, we are highlighting five of our favorite new features....
  10. Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10: What you love about 7 and love about 8: That's my current thinking so far with Windows 10. I find Microsoft did right by focusing first and foremost on the enterprise as that is the largest and most important demographic to address with every release. Windows 8 didn't really focus so much on the enterprise as...