Windows 10: What's a trusted site you use to install screensavers? I feel like a lot of the sites that...

Discus and support What's a trusted site you use to install screensavers? I feel like a lot of the sites that... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Just curious where you find them and what's a trusted way to install them? Is it normal that they download as .exe's ? submitted by /u/ridge9... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ridge9, Feb 29, 2020.

1. /u/ridge9 Win User

What's a trusted site you use to install screensavers? I feel like a lot of the sites that...

Just curious where you find them and what's a trusted way to install them? Is it normal that they download as .exe's ?

submitted by /u/ridge9
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ridge9, Feb 29, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.What's a trusted site you use to install screensavers? I feel like a lot of the sites that... :)

terrace, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Trusted Sites

I have an issue with one particular website that I use for work - I have to use internet explorer for this particular website and can't use Chrome. I am currently using Windows 8. This website has a certificate which is up-to-date and valid. I have added
    the website to the trusted sites list and it saves it here. However, once I close internet explorer down and then re-open it and try to go back to this website I have to remove it from the trusted sites list and re-add it before it will run the certificate.

Any ideas? Driving me crazy. If I leave internet explorer open - but close that page down and re-open it, it works but if I have come out of internet explorer I have to re-add it to trusted sites.

Any help would be appreciated.

JoanneTorres, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Knoxx29 Win User

What's a trusted site you use to install screensavers? I feel like a lot of the sites that...

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. What's a trusted site you use to install screensavers? I feel like a lot of the sites that... - Similar Threads - What's trusted site

2. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Customization
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  3. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations: I'm 99% sure I know the answer to this already, but not 100% sure. If I put a UNC name into trusted sites such as file:///\\<Server_IP or ServerName> OR file://<Server_IP or ServerName>then all the shares and subfolders on that server are trusted as well, correct? If no, then...
  4. Subfolders in trusted sites and trusted locations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site: I was recording using the system a game implemented and controlled folder access flagged it. I know it's trusted it's very popular, maybe top five and I'm wondering if I can remove it from protection history/prevent it from happening.Thanks....
  6. Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site

Windows Defender Flagged Trusted Site: I was recording using the system a game implemented and controlled folder access flagged it. I know it's trusted it's very popular, maybe top five and I'm wondering if I can remove it from protection history/prevent it from happening.Thanks....
  7. What is a .onion site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is a .onion site: I hear about this everywhere and have no idea what it is so I thought I might ask it here, what is a .onion site, is it some malicious link that grabs my IP?Is it good? Is it bad, and why? Did a google search and didn't get much of an answer....
  8. Database connection issue at trusted site

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...
  9. Database connection issue at trusted site

Database connection issue at trusted site: Windows 11 downloaded last night will not allow me to go to a trusted web site that I was able to go to yesterday. I get this message: " Something's come undone. Sorry, this page can't be reached because of a database connection issue." I've been able to access this site for...
  10. access to trusted sites?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    access to trusted sites?: How do I allow a website thru the firewall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-trusted-sites/976dd057-e7e2-4fed-870c-09e990365850