Windows 10: What's "aggregatorhost.exe"? It just showed up recently, I'm on windows insider dev.

Discus and support What's "aggregatorhost.exe"? It just showed up recently, I'm on windows insider dev. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The file was made on the 9th of this month, so it's nothing new. I don't think I've ever seen it before though. It's located in system32. I looked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/A_Random_Lantern, Jan 20, 2021.

1. What's "aggregatorhost.exe"? It just showed up recently, I'm on windows insider dev.

The file was made on the 9th of this month, so it's nothing new. I don't think I've ever seen it before though. It's located in system32.

I looked through my update log and saw that there was 2 windows defender updates on the 9th, so are they possibly related?

Very few results are on google, only things I've found are from october of last year, which don't answer the question.

submitted by /u/A_Random_Lantern
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/A_Random_Lantern, Jan 20, 2021

2. Recent File List

that's all off already dude lol, I'm really surprised there is no fix for the recent files list/MRU in the file menu of programs haha

I appreciate the help, MS really needs to implement a Group Policy or a string that can do that for all programs installed

eidairaman1, Jan 20, 2021
  3. slozomby Win User
    Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 20, 2021
  4. What's "aggregatorhost.exe"? It just showed up recently, I'm on windows insider dev.

Recently used items does not show after a recent Windows update

Hello Timothy,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

1) Did you make any recent changes to the computer?

2) Did you check if similar issues occur when logged in to the computer using a different user account?

3) Do you have any system restore point set prior to the issue?

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

4) What is the particular Windows update you are referring to?

To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.
    • Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
      What's "aggregatorhost.exe"? It just showed up recently, I'm on windows insider dev. Windows_Key.png
      +
      I.
    • Click/tap Change PC settings.
    • Click on the Update and recovery and click on the View your update history.
    • You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
      "Successfully installed on (date)" links

As an initial step towards troubleshooting, I suggest you to check if the 'recently used item' feature is hidden. If yes, uncheck the options. Follow the below steps.

• Right click on Taskbar and choose Properties.
    • Select the tab Start Menu.
    • Uncheck both the options for:

1) Store and display recently opened programs in the Start Menu

2) Store and display recently opened items in the Start Menu and the Task Bar
    • Also select a higher number recent items to display in Jump List

If the above does not apply, please follow the below suggested methods and check in case if it is a functionality issue in Windows.

Method 1

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

• In Command prompt type
      sfc/scannow
      and press enter.

• Restart the computer.

Ref: Using System File Checker
    in Windows 10

Method 2

If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state or were irrecoverable, then I suggest you to try the following steps to deploy the DISM command lines:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click command prompt (Run as administrator).

• In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

What's "aggregatorhost.exe"? It just showed up recently, I'm on windows insider dev.

1. What's "aggregatorhost.exe"? It just showed up recently, I'm on windows insider dev. - Similar Threads - What's aggregatorhost exe

2. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update: I just installed the latest cumulative update and restarted my Windows 10 22h2 PC, to see that AggregatorHost now runs in Task Manager at all times, even through multiple restarts; it doesn't consume many resources and behaves similarly to the AggregatorHost on my Windows 11...
  3. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update: I just installed the latest cumulative update and restarted my Windows 10 22h2 PC, to see that AggregatorHost now runs in Task Manager at all times, even through multiple restarts; it doesn't consume many resources and behaves similarly to the AggregatorHost on my Windows 11...
  4. What is 'AgentService EXE" and Why Does "AggregatorHost" Run After Update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Whats up with Microsoft devs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats up with Microsoft devs?: Are you all retarded?We dont want to see this in settings... how do we remove it? Let me guess.. we cant?We dont want to have to deny your idiotic popups over and over and over and over, we dont want EDGE as the default anything. We dont want BING as the default anythingWe...
  6. Whats up with Microsoft devs?

Whats up with Microsoft devs?: Are you all retarded?We dont want to see this in settings... how do we remove it? Let me guess.. we cant?We dont want to have to deny your idiotic popups over and over and over and over, we dont want EDGE as the default anything. We dont want BING as the default anythingWe...
  7. Whats up with Microsoft devs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. SSD is showing up as HDD in Windows 11 Insider preview Dev Channel

SSD is showing up as HDD in Windows 11 Insider preview Dev Channel: I switched to the dev channel of windows updates. I wanted to install the windows subsystem for android but when I try to install it from the microsoft store. It's showing I have HDD, u need SSD. But I have a built-in super-fast SSD. It's sad that even the Task Manager shows...
  9. SSD is showing up as HDD in Windows 11 Insider preview Dev Channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD is showing up as HDD in Windows 11 Insider preview Dev Channel: I switched to the dev channel of windows updates. I wanted to install the windows subsystem for android but when I try to install it from the microsoft store. It's showing I have HDD, u need SSD. But I have a built-in super-fast SSD. It's sad that even the Task Manager shows...
  10. Collections just showed up on Edge Dev

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Collections just showed up on Edge Dev: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/i_post_tech_articles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e7q4vi/collections_just_showed_up_on_edge_dev/

Users found this page by searching for:

1. aggregatorhost.exe virus