Windows 10: Whats C:\swsetup

Discus and support Whats C:\swsetup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; What is C:\swsetup and is it safe to delete? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-cswsetup/151822af-ad71-4a2c-9f00-3a3954726533 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Windowuser5953, Aug 21, 2021.

1. Whats C:\swsetup

What is C:\swsetup and is it safe to delete?

:)

Windowuser5953, Aug 21, 2021
  2. sandila Win User

what is the use of folders (ESD, Recovery and SWSetup)

I am posting some screenshots of files on my system . I used TreeSize tool to find the space used by files.

I want to know which of these files I can delete so that I can save space on my laptop.

Whats C:\swsetup [​IMG]

The s data folder is having virtual machines 700Gb which I use.So not possible to delete them.

I want to gain more space into my laptop.I am not able to understand which files to delete and which not.

what is the use of those files inside ESD ,Microsoft and ,SWSetup,Recovery

I did checked them but I did not had the courage to delete them.

Here is one more screenshot.
    I plan to use this as development machine so I think I had installed so many packages which I don't remember now.
    Code:
    What is the use of folders
    C:\ESD,
    C:\Recovery and
    C:\SWSetup) can they be deleted to get space. What will be the effects post deletion.

sandila, Aug 21, 2021
  3. dalchina Win User
    what is the use of folders (ESD, Recovery and SWSetup)

Hi, C:\Recovery\WindowsRE
    - linked to the ability to perform tasks on the Recovery partition.

C:\ESD
    e.g. searching tenforums ->
    ESD folder on disk C
    What'''s this ESD folder in C: and can I delete it? : techsupport

C;\SWsetup
    includes a lof of msi files related to both programs and drivers, and more.

For example, when you uninstall programs, you may have noted there's also sometimes a repair option.
    Deleting the related file here would cause that option to fail.

See:
    Free Up Drive Space in Windows 10

In particular do you need hibernation? For many with a SSD there's little benefit.

If you use Wiztree's cushion map

you may find that more revealing. I find dmp files sometimes accumulate and add locations to what Ccleaner cleans based on what I see here.

Try using Google for more:

dalchina, Aug 21, 2021
  4. trt740 Win User

Whats C:\swsetup

Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Aug 21, 2021
Thema:

Whats C:\swsetup

1. Whats C:\swsetup - Similar Threads - Whats swsetup

2. I don't know what happened but I'm on my Acer nitro 5 and my system files were corrupted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't know what happened but I'm on my Acer nitro 5 and my system files were corrupted...: I cant even boot into or install a new version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-what-happened-but-im-on-my-acer-nitro/05c177f4-da81-4e61-9bf5-32f20dc08d7b
  3. I don't know what happened but I'm on my Acer nitro 5 and my system files were corrupted...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't know what happened but I'm on my Acer nitro 5 and my system files were corrupted...: I cant even boot into or install a new version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-dont-know-what-happened-but-im-on-my-acer-nitro/05c177f4-da81-4e61-9bf5-32f20dc08d7b
  4. Unsure what causes constant freezes and bsod's

Unsure what causes constant freezes and bsod's: I've tried everything at this point, from updating the bios, reinstalling intel RST drivers, reinstalling the wifi card drivers, reseating both the ssd and the adapter AX201 manually.Crystaldiskinfo shows 100% health and the ssd doesn't go above 65°C under load.Although the...
  5. Unsure what causes constant freezes and bsod's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unsure what causes constant freezes and bsod's: I've tried everything at this point, from updating the bios, reinstalling intel RST drivers, reinstalling the wifi card drivers, reseating both the ssd and the adapter AX201 manually.Crystaldiskinfo shows 100% health and the ssd doesn't go above 65°C under load.Although the...
  6. What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?: I have a hard drive from an old HP Windows XP laptop and want to access some files on there, but I'm having trouble. I bought an adapter for the hard drive so I can plug it into my pc as an external hard drive, but when I try to open it or right-click it, it won't load. One...
  7. What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?

What is wrong with my old laptop hard drive and how do I fix it?: I have a hard drive from an old HP Windows XP laptop and want to access some files on there, but I'm having trouble. I bought an adapter for the hard drive so I can plug it into my pc as an external hard drive, but when I try to open it or right-click it, it won't load. One...
  8. I phoned what I thought was Microsoft but think I got scammed. Do you have an employee with...

I phoned what I thought was Microsoft but think I got scammed. Do you have an employee with...: I think the call I made a scam. I thought it was Microsoft but my computer tech says I was scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-phoned-what-i-thought-was-microsoft-but-think-i/0612f06a-5696-46c7-8ea0-0d9df8d57648
  9. I phoned what I thought was Microsoft but think I got scammed. Do you have an employee with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I phoned what I thought was Microsoft but think I got scammed. Do you have an employee with...: I think the call I made a scam. I thought it was Microsoft but my computer tech says I was scammed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-phoned-what-i-thought-was-microsoft-but-think-i/0612f06a-5696-46c7-8ea0-0d9df8d57648
  10. what is the use of folders (ESD, Recovery and SWSetup)

in Windows 10 Support
    what is the use of folders (ESD, Recovery and SWSetup): I am posting some screenshots of files on my system . I used TreeSize tool to find the space used by files. I want to know which of these files I can delete so that I can save space on my laptop. [img] [img] The s data folder is having virtual machines 700Gb which I...