Windows 10: What's Causing BSOD Error When Waking from Sleep Mode

Discus and support What's Causing BSOD Error When Waking from Sleep Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting a BSOD error when my computer comes out of sleep mode. Below is the system info file and dump file. Dump file:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bob6123, Dec 1, 2018.

1. Bob6123 Win User

What's Causing BSOD Error When Waking from Sleep Mode

I am getting a BSOD error when my computer comes out of sleep mode. Below is the system info file and dump file.

Dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AryqBvJxoSQchXqcTyOMyTNBjL5y

System Info: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AryqBvJxoSQchXub4D75d5hvaV3I

Thank you for your help!

Bob

:)

Bob6123, Dec 1, 2018

2. Waking from sleep mode

Hi Kenneth,

For us to narrow down your concern with waking up your computer from sleep mode, we would like to know the following:

• Aside from Windows Update. were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Send us a screenshot of your screen when you wake up your computer from sleep mode.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 1, 2018
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Dec 1, 2018
  4. WaytGibbs Win User

Windows 10 - Problem waking up from sleep mode

This worked for me on a Lenovo Horizon2 27 all-in-one PC that was able to sleep manually but could not be wakened once sleeping after upgrading to Windows 10 Home.

I ran the powercfg /energy and examined the report as GoWMike describes. It showed no driver errors but suggested that there is a problem with the system's "High Performance" power setting that may prevent normal waking from manually induced sleep.

I used powercfg /list to show available modes, copied the GUID for Balanced mode, and then used this with the powercfg /activate command to change the plan.

I also used powercfg /devicequery wake_from_any

to get a list of device names for components capable of waking the system from sleep, and then I used

powercfg /deviceenablewake <devicename>

to make certain that the touchscreen and power button are armed to wake the machine.

After restarting, sleep and wake then functioned properly again.

WaytGibbs, Dec 1, 2018
Thema:

1. What's Causing BSOD Error When Waking from Sleep Mode - Similar Threads - What's Causing BSOD

2. Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode: Hi, my laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking from sleep. Here is the download link for the minidump file: 042224-46328-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bsod-when-wake-from-sleep-mode/5e90534f-d117-4a9c-b43f-c4513d84ff46
  3. Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - BSOD when wake from sleep mode: Hi, my laptop keeps getting BSOD when waking from sleep. Here is the download link for the minidump file: 042224-46328-01.dmp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-bsod-when-wake-from-sleep-mode/5e90534f-d117-4a9c-b43f-c4513d84ff46
  4. Waking from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Waking from sleep mode.: After a Windows 10 update four days ago, my desktop computer won't wake up after going into sleep mode. The only way I have been able to cope with this is to unplug the power for several seconds. How can I fix the problem so that touching the keyboard or mouse will wake up...
  5. BSOD when waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when waking from sleep: Whenever my computer sleeps it gives me a BSOD with a "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER" code Here are my dump files and system info. https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApvOHIqH5IbxgYUnOTNC3F5PHkQ3BQ?e=4b60Ob...
  6. BSOD - Laptop restarts when waking from sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Laptop restarts when waking from sleep mode: Hello. After upgrading from windows 8 to windows 10, the laptop wont wake up correctly and just restart. I have an Asus Q551LN * Upgraded the latest drivers of everything, including the intel hd graphics, the same with the nvidia integrated ones and then downgraded....
  7. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Hi I have had this problem for some months now. While I can put the computer to sleep, each time I wake it up it causes a BSOD. I have followed many threads about this. some suggesting it is video driver problem. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my Nvidia driver but the...
  8. BSOD When Waking from Sleep

BSOD When Waking from Sleep: Just built a new computer. All of the drives and the Windows installation is the same as in the old system. I don't know if the issue would have occurred in the old system as I never tried to put my computer to sleep. I was getting one BSOD when waking from sleep (something...
  9. BSOD when waking from sleep mode and randomly when starting PC

BSOD when waking from sleep mode and randomly when starting PC: (PS when I tried to post this once it didn't show up so if it's like a moderator has to see this and this was submitted twice, really sorry!!) Hello all, my PC is crashing when it wakes up from sleep mode lately. I know it is a driver for sure, I've been told it's a driver...
  10. BSOD when waking from sleep

BSOD when waking from sleep: Greetings forum, Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I've been seeing BSODs about once a month when waking my desktop from sleep. I would greatly appreciate any help on this matter. I've never encountered this on Windows 8.1. I've attached the zip file as instructed...