Windows 10: What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error?

Discus and support What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I've recently installed a new internal M2 internal ssd Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb and a new graphics card GTX4080 FE and installed a new version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by tom80808, Nov 28, 2022.

1. tom80808 Win User

What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error?

So I've recently installed a new internal M2 internal ssd Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb and a new graphics card GTX4080 FE and installed a new version of Windows 10 on the SSD. Since doing so, I have had multiple BSODs. It happens fairly randomly - while gaming, watching Youtube, surfing internet - and I tend to get a SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error on the blue screen. I've tried numerous ways of rectifying it - tried to switch off PTT in the BIOS Asus Maximus XI Hero wifi MB, I've updated all my drivers using IObit Driver Booster 10.1, updated Windows, performed a scanow in CMD and the other file

:)

tom80808, Nov 28, 2022
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Kursah Win User
    BSOD - Registry Error

Your BSOD code is 0X000000051

Here's the Google search I did for it: https://www.google.com/search?q=0x0...j5.399j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

There is a hotfix available that might help, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/810558

This thread makes a few good suggestions too: http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-hel...dows-7-pro-sp1-registry-error-0x00000051.html

+1 to listing your full system specs, OS version, etc. I did only look at your BSOD log file.

Run a Diskchk /R (I know you already ran one, so you can skip this)

Run SFC /SCANNOW

Report back.

Kursah, Nov 28, 2022
  4. hoax32 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

1. What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error? - Similar Threads - What's causing BSOD

2. What is causing my BSODs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is causing my BSODs?: is this bsod caused by a faulty cpu? dump files: 091823-11343-01.zip 091723-10046-01.ziporiginal thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clockwatchdogtimeout/6c1a9aec-4bf3-4c5e-ab3c-18bf36f1aa03...
  3. What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error?: So I've recently installed a new internal M2 internal ssd Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb and a new graphics card GTX4080 FE and installed a new version of Windows 10 on the SSD. Since doing so, I have had multiple BSODs. It happens fairly randomly - while gaming, watching Youtube,...
  4. What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error?

What's causing my BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE error?: So I've recently installed a new internal M2 internal ssd Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1tb and a new graphics card GTX4080 FE and installed a new version of Windows 10 on the SSD. Since doing so, I have had multiple BSODs. It happens fairly randomly - while gaming, watching Youtube,...
  5. BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE: Hi all I am genuinely stumped on this BSOD, I have tried everything, and I still keep getting this error which only happens when my PC is idle for about 30 minuets to an hour or so when I move my mouse boom it happens. Here is a list of everything I have tried accordingly to...
  6. BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE: Hi all I am genuinely stumped on this BSOD, I have tried everything, and I still keep getting this error which only happens when my PC is idle for about 30 minuets to an hour or so when I move my mouse boom it happens. Here is a list of everything I have tried accordingly to...
  7. BSOD SYSTEM_PTE_MISUSE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What error caused a Bsod???

What error caused a Bsod???: Windows version: 202H My PC had a BSOD reading 'windows did not shutdown properly' what caused this? When i use Windows system restore, and create a backup image, I get the warning about restoring and it points out my C drive (solid state drive). After the restore, windows...
  9. What is causing my BSOD errors?

What is causing my BSOD errors?: Hi,I have been having a reoccurring BSOD Blue Screen of Death issue with some of my devices and they all seem to happen when connecting to the docking station during a MS Teams call. Can someone help me with this?Computer Management Errors :Critical5/4/2021 1:34:56 PMEvent...
  10. BSODs! What is my cause?

BSODs! What is my cause?: Total Hard Disks: Old Hard Disk (1TB - Backed Up Data) New Hard Disk (1 Month Old) (1TB - My Data) Very New Hard Disk (5 Days Old) (500GB - No Data) Shall I use a faulty new hard disk (I assume it to be faulty) as my secondary hard disk? As I'm getting a ton of BSODs with my...