Windows 10: What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping

Discus and support What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I thought the point of sleeping was that you can put the computer into sleep mode rather than shut it off and turn it on to save time But if this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NukeouT, Apr 14, 2021.

1. What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping

I thought the point of sleeping was that you can put the computer into sleep mode rather than shut it off and turn it on to save time

But if this is not happening for everyone there's something that's gotten messed up on my machine

And I'm looking to see if there's common fixes for it

2010 Custom Build: EVGA Z68 mobo GeForce GPU 16GB Corsair RAM Intel i5 CPU Thermaltake PSU 3x Platter Drives ( 2 of which are in RAID )

2x Wacom tablets Samsung G9 49" monitor Klipsch Sound System

I'll post more detailed specs after work

submitted by /u/NukeouT
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NukeouT, Apr 14, 2021

2. Windows super slow.

I have a Core I3 and 4GB RAM notebook+AMD Processor with 2 GB desktop both with W10.it works even faster than 7.

Go to Control Panel>troubleshooting Run system Maintenance and check if it helps.

In addition,

do these steps:

Master Tutorial to Make Windows 10 Super Fast

Sumit Dhiman2, Apr 14, 2021
  3. super slow

Hi Mehedy,

PC performance might slow down due to a possible corrupted system file, high CPU, memory, or disk usage, hardware failures or software conflicts. For us to narrow down the issue, kindly answer these questions:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?
    • Have you made any recent hardware or software changes prior to this issue?
    • On which activity does your PC slows down?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the given methods on this article:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 14, 2021
  4. dnroerig Win User

What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping

Super super super slow running Windows 10

I have a Samsung touch screen computer. I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple of months ago. I have Norton antivirus. A couple of weeks ago my computer started to run slow. I did a "go back to a known good date" reset. worked for a while. then started to slow
    down. Now it takes over an hour from turning on computer to get to google web page. It works, but is super super slow. Do you have a suggestion to try so I dont lose my saved data. I have only got on set up (F8) once on many attempts. Thank you for any help.

dnroerig, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping

1. What's causing my W10 to become super slow after sleeping - Similar Threads - What's causing W10

2. My Dell Laptop become super slow not in the common way

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Dell Laptop become super slow not in the common way: My laptop work fine beside the battery that broke month ago until today where everything load and run so slow, lag, and stutter that even loading or opening something simple like file explorer or google took several minute long to open, even typing this is a pain cause the...
  3. My Dell Laptop become super slow not in the common way

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Dell Laptop become super slow not in the common way: My laptop work fine beside the battery that broke month ago until today where everything load and run so slow, lag, and stutter that even loading or opening something simple like file explorer or google took several minute long to open, even typing this is a pain cause the...
  4. My Dell Laptop become super slow not in the common way

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. What's with the super slow File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's with the super slow File Explorer?: As far as I can tell, this started with Win11 22621.963. Every time I open File Explorer, it has to slowly scan the SSD, or something, before it shows what used to pop up in no time.What the bloody hell, over? Is this another one of Microsoft's wonderful new surprises?When...
  6. What's with the super slow File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's with the super slow File Explorer?: As far as I can tell, this started with Win11 22621.963. Every time I open File Explorer, it has to slowly scan the SSD, or something, before it shows what used to pop up in no time.What the bloody hell, over? Is this another one of Microsoft's wonderful new surprises?When...
  7. My pc is super slow after restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My pc is super slow after restart: I restarted my pc and after I logged in it's being super slow and all apps were removed from the task bar . And I can't access my apps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-is-super-slow-after-restart/56ac3b79-a3ce-4044-b940-d6cb51448063
  8. Sound is super slow after sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is super slow after sleep: Running latest Win 10, using a MOTU M2 audio interface. Installed latest drivers for that and my Nvidia 1080 and everything else I could figure out. When my computer wakes from sleep - audio just either doesn't work or it is super-slow motion sounding. I've tried the...
  9. My Laptop Becomes Super Slow. Age or Something Else?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My Laptop Becomes Super Slow. Age or Something Else?: Hi all! I revisit this old laptop of mine that I've been using since 2015 that I'm really looking forward to fix ever since I replace it. It's an ASUS X550J. The specs are as follows: i7-4720HQ 4GB RAM 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M Back then the laptop ran smoothly...
  10. Log on super slow after update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Log on super slow after update: My HP laptop automatically updated to the latest version of windows 10 this afternoon and now when in trying to log on, it's stuck on the Welcome loading screen. It's been trying to log on for a while now. The first attempt was about 45 minutes, and I had to restart it...