Windows 10: What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10?

Discus and support What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've used AMP Font Viewer over 20 yrs to manage fonts in WIN, now W 10 will not allow me to add fonts & neither am I able to load fonts by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by klxdrt10, Sep 11, 2020.

1. klxdrt10 Win User

What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10?

Hi,

I've used AMP Font Viewer over 20 yrs to manage fonts in WIN, now W 10 will not allow me to add fonts & neither am I able to load fonts by copy/paste directly into the W 10 font folder.

I've experienced something similar before:
    I used to live in a small town in SC & they came up an idea to computerize the 2-3 traffic lites in town so the lites could be changed randomly or selectively. Of course they had several good modern reasons to do it.

1] Use up-to-date Kool colors
    2] Make money from confused drivers.
    3] They have the power to do it.
    4] Since the patented it, they could make money selling the process.
    5] And to top it off, they set up mayor's daughter's husband [Governors Son] up to own/run the bsiness.
    Now the mayor's family are millionaires on their way to Multi.

So please, what's the best method to add new fonts to W 10?

Thanks,

klxdrt

:)

klxdrt10, Sep 11, 2020

2. Times new roman bold font

To further isolate the concern, we suggest that you restore default settings and check if it helps. See steps below:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click on Control
      Panel.
    • Change the View by to large/small
      icons, and then click on Fonts.
    • On the left pane, click on Font settings.
    • Under Font settings, click on Restore default font settings.

If restoring the default font settings does not bring back the Times New Roman Regular font, we suggest that if you have another computer with Windows 10, you can copy the Times New Roman Regular font into your PC's Font folder.

Patricia Yu, Sep 11, 2020
  3. NeoSOS Win User
    Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Sep 11, 2020
  4. What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10?

Windows 10 changing Font

06-18-2017

latest W10 update steps 3 and 4 are not available.

I need to increase the font size in explorer so I can read my file names. magnifier sucks my screen keeps moving around and I drag stuff where i dont want it.

every time there is an update my settings get removed and there are no help files for months.

Please follow the steps in order to change the fonts.

To change the font size in desktop:

• Tap Start button.
    • Type Fonts.
    • Select “View Installed Fonts”.
    • Select “Change Font Size”.
    • There is a drop down. "Title Bar" with another drop down to its right showing point size numbers.

RichardNordby, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10?

1. What's changed? How do add new fonts to what's on W10? - Similar Threads - What's changed add

2. What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy: I now have a Family Safety Account on this page, and was emailed about it telling me certain settings had been applied for me, and to go and change themMicrosoft Family SafetyI want to know what how these various settings affect the information MS are collecting from my...
  3. What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy: I now have a Family Safety Account on this page, and was emailed about it telling me certain settings had been applied for me, and to go and change themMicrosoft Family SafetyI want to know what how these various settings affect the information MS are collecting from my...
  4. What changes do the new Family Settings have on Privacy

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New W10 feature with desktop icon instances/pages? What is this and how do i stop it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LICK_THE_BUTTER [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fd7aq5/new_w10_feature_with_desktop_icon_instancespages/
  6. how do I add a font?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I add a font?: How do I add a font to W10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-add-a-font/e77d5b00-feb8-4052-aa1a-609b0fa53f4f
  7. Font is not supported, what to do?

in Windows 10 Support
    Font is not supported, what to do?: [img] [img] How can I find the font type used in this file, so I can install the particular font. Please help! 133935
  8. What are fonts for?

What are fonts for?: when I find a font I like there is no option to change all the words on my computer into that font https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-fonts-for/175891d0-7e7f-4f14-b815-1ce021cdd68b
  9. what are add ons?

what are add ons?: what are add ons? How to work with add ons? خزرشهر https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/what-are-add-ons/175b9818-0e26-42a6-9f3d-16be762f1c92
  10. Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore points; what the hell is W10 doing?: What the hell is W10 doing? Yesterday I still had several restore points. Today, I have only one, which is a new one called Scheduled Checkpoint. My own restore points were removed and the Disk Space Usage was diminished. In the meantime, no (Windows) updates took place...