Windows 10: whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-available-march-2018

Discus and support whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-available-march-2018 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This is a pretty good summary of all the main changes to 1803 RS4. Everything New in Windows 10s Spring Creators Update, Available April 2018 Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by cereberus, Mar 29, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-available-march-2018

cereberus, Mar 29, 2018

2. Thanks!

This is a nice summary of the most significant changes.

:)

slicendice, Mar 29, 2018
  3. ConiGL Win User
  4. BossDweeb Win User

spring creators update 1803 version

Unless I have it very wrong... (but it's worked this way before ).

Check the link below on April 10, or in following days if the name has not yet changed on April 10 from Fall Creators update

to Spring Creators update, or something else other than Fall Creators update.

(I don't know why MS Don't put the new number on the site when they release new version updates ? )

The Update assistant is a good option if you are prepared to do the update at the time.

Download Windows 10

If you have not already read the new 'features' that will be in the 1803 update you will find them in the article below.

whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update

BossDweeb, Mar 29, 2018
  5. lx07 Win User
    I'd probably quibble with their description of all the new features as being either not new or incorrectly explained.

As it is I'll stick with bringing you up on your thread title ("march-2018") which was presumably a joke *Wink

6. swarfega Win User
    I wasn't aware of some of the features, thanks!

swarfega, Mar 29, 2018
  7. Barman58 Win User
    As I do not use any App other than a trial of the Email app, and I cannot see the point of Edge or Cortana the amount of changes is not as great as it would be for some,

I do have a copy of the Calculator app active, and a dedicated button on the Keyboard, but I also have a number of Scientific Calculators that I use for anything complex and any basic calculations I type into google.

Barman58, Mar 29, 2018
  8. cereberus Win User

I was just following rules that title of news should be same as article you link to but yeah it is April of course

I agree article is not 100% accurate but it shows much more detail than other articles.

cereberus, Mar 29, 2018
  9. Hehheh, I hear you!

I will use almost everything BUT the new features coming in Spring Creators Update. Only progress I really find valuable is WSL. THE rest is just junk for me (maybe with a few exception that I did not currently think of).

slicendice, Mar 29, 2018
  10. lx07 Win User
    can't think of any tbh.

I like following upgrades (and I do upgrade anyway) but there is nothing interesting new.

11. lx07 Win User
    I appreciate you posting it anyway. Not like you wrote it so please don't take offence - I just wish MS would say what interesting thing had changed not just what changes to the UI, Edge or some other some other tiresome app.

12. cereberus Win User
    Sure but the article is intended for public at large not use seasoned Insiders.

cereberus, Mar 29, 2018
  13. whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-available-march-2018

lol

Take away all that Cortana, Store App and an icon changed color from blue to green nonsense and give me what changed under the hood. (intended for MS and all those who write these articles and not for any of the participants in this thread)

I don't give a crap about all the extras MS sticks in Windows, I only care about what makes the next release of the core OS better, more secure, faster and more reliable.

slicendice, Mar 29, 2018
  14. Clintlgm Win User
    My big concern here is going to be networking. they are dropping Homegroup, trying to replace with one drive. I don't use one drive and do use P2P network for my small network. Does anyone know what we are going to have to tweak to keep our P2P networks working? I would like to be prepared for this. FCU forced several changes to get our P2P connected again??????

Clintlgm, Mar 29, 2018
  15. Barman58 Win User
    Homegroup was a failed attempt to replace the standard network which has not been deprecated as it's an industry standard and is used everywhere Including Microsoft server Client systems.

Homegroup was a simpler system to set-up and designed for those with little of zero networking experience, take up was low due to complexity and numerous unforeseen issues and so it is no more

The workgroup based system is still available as Onedrive is useless in a lot of markets where net access is not up to required standard and will be for many years

I cannot see me paying for terabytes of Onedrive storage which I can only access at slow speeds compared to local transfer on Gigabit networks

The same applies to using the OneDrive system to upload and then download a file via the internet just to transfer a few metres *Wink

Barman58, Mar 29, 2018
Thema:

1. whats-coming-in-windows-10s-redstone-4-update-available-march-2018 - Similar Threads - whats coming 10s

2. oct 2018 redstone, 1809 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    oct 2018 redstone, 1809 update: I really don't want to be forced to update, when just 2 days ago there were still major flaws. how can I avoid?just put to sleep, instead of shutting down? thanks...
  3. Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Redstone 5 --- October 2, 2018: [ATTACH] https://www.howtogeek.com/fyi/windows-10s-october-update-redstone-5-will-be-released-on-october-2nd/ It would be a good idea to make a system image before it installs. https://www.macrium.com/reflectfree...
  4. what is windows 10 redstone?

what is windows 10 redstone?: what is windows 10 redstone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10/fad72416-f9b7-4ab7-9d6c-801355629737
  5. What updates do we have in Redstone 4 update of Windows 10?

What updates do we have in Redstone 4 update of Windows 10?: I am getting some issues while installing SQL Services in Windows 10 Redstone 4 updates, earlier it was working on Redstone 3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/what-updates-do-we-have-in-redstone-4-update-of/1e42c23d-2bd6-4e05-8a9b-0f59941d9f40
  6. Redstone 4 and file sharing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Redstone 4 and file sharing: I am using my windows 7 PC to share out files to my windows 10 pro machine. I know things are changing with Redstone 4 but would like to know if my current setup (files shared from windows 7 to my windows 10) machine will continue to work with Redstone 4. Any info would be...
  7. New Fonts Page Coming to Settings in Windows 10 Redstone 4

in Windows 10 News
    New Fonts Page Coming to Settings in Windows 10 Redstone 4: Microsoft is adding font management capabilities to the Settings app in Windows 10, and with some poking around, we managed to enable them in Redstone 4 build 17074.Yee-haw, let’s look at some fonts. The new Font page takes on the look and feel of the old Font Control Panel,...
  8. Redstone Wave 2 comes. :)

in Windows 10 News
    Redstone Wave 2 comes. :): Redstone Wave 2 Comes! *Wink Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date Source: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date 49724
  9. Windows 10 Redstone: Second wave of updates coming in 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Redstone: Second wave of updates coming in 2017: We already know that Redstone will launch in two waves, the first of which will be happening in June. This first update is being developed under the tag RS1, and according to my sources will focus mostly on the convergence of different Windows 10 devices such as PC, Xbox and...
  10. March 2018 updates for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    March 2018 updates for Microsoft Office: Introduction Microsoft released the following security and nonsecurity updates for Office in March 2018. These updates are intended to help our customers keep their computers up-to-date. We recommend that you install all updates that apply to you. To download an update,...