Windows 10: What's defragment consolidation on Windows 10?

Discus and support What's defragment consolidation on Windows 10? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Put simply, the consolidation phase takes longer than it would to disassemble my laptop. Not that I've tried. Someone TELL ME what this means, and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Fahmid Chowdhury, Sep 24, 2018.

1. What's defragment consolidation on Windows 10?

Put simply, the consolidation phase takes longer than it would to disassemble my laptop. Not that I've tried.

Someone TELL ME what this means, and no links. They have NEVER helped me.

Thanks.

:)

Fahmid Chowdhury, Sep 24, 2018

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Sep 24, 2018
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 24, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

What's defragment consolidation on Windows 10?

Defrag

Windows 10 defrag.exe will defragment HDD, optimize SSD (issue trim) and perform slab consolidation on VHD. SSDs are also automatically defragmented monthly if you have system restore configured. Source

@no1yak - what does it say under task scheduler?

What's defragment consolidation on Windows 10? [​IMG]

Has your PC been plugged in, turned on and not being used overnight?

Thema:

What's defragment consolidation on Windows 10?

1. What's defragment consolidation on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - What's defragment consolidation

2. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  3. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Defrag No Matter What: In order to defrag, I can just press the Windows key and search "defrag," and the correct option Defrag and Optimize Drives appears. In order to defrag, I must click on this option, and select the Analyze button, yes? Well this button is grayed out and I cannot click it. I...
  4. Can't Defrag No Matter What

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Consolidation of Windows Accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Consolidation of Windows Accounts?: Hi all,this is something which annoys me since a long time. Somehow, I have two different Microsoft-accounts for one email-address. Every time I need to put in my passwords I have to try different combinations.I have a "School" and a "Corporate" account somehow. Why does...
  6. Consolidating Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Consolidating Windows 10 Installation: Hi! I have two SSDs in my computer. Disk 0, a 256GB one, and disk 1, a 120GB one. Disk 1 was supposed to be my boot SSD, containing all of my system files, but when I installed Windows 10, it put BOOTMGR on a "system reserved" partition on disk 0, and everything else on disk...
  7. windows 10 defrag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 defrag: IT SHOWS DAILY THAT I NEED OPTIMIZATION WHEN I HAVE DONE IT DAILY. I HAVE C DRIVE SSD, D DRIVE REGULAR DRIVE WHICH IS ALWAYS GOOD, AND SYSTEM DRIVE; IT SHOWS EVERY DAY THAT DRIVE C AND SYSTEM HAS NEVER BEEN RUN; I EVEN SCHEDULED A DAILY OPTIMIZING AND THAT DIDN;T WORK....
  8. Windows 10 defrag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 defrag: Why is it now nearly six months since MS became aware of a problem with the defrag following an update and still no fix ?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defrag/d3f6729a-a757-40d3-8cb5-ab71ff8775a2
  9. Windows 10 - Defrag

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - Defrag: How do I defrag my hard drive in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-defrag/29c9834a-3f32-48c4-9ff6-2b575e8a6aae"
  10. Windows 10 defrag

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 defrag: My primary drive has around 2047 gig main partition 450 meg recovery and around 746 gig unallocated. I tried to create a partition with 765 but sais it was unable due to the disk uses MBR format the disk space beyond 2tb will be unuasable. Main issue I when I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. When Defragmenting a drive what is Defragmenting and Consolidation

2. what is defrag consolidating