Windows 10: What's eating up my \C: drive?

Discus and support What's eating up my \C: drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning my c: drive shows 10.7 GB free, on a 117 GB SSD, looking at the files and folders on C:, with View set to show hidden files and folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Sep 1, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

What's eating up my \C: drive?

This morning my c: drive shows 10.7 GB free, on a 117 GB SSD, looking at the files and folders on C:, with View set to show hidden files and folders and protected OS files not hidden, adding up the size of each comes to 82 GB, that 24 GB unaccounted for.

Any clues?

1903 18362.1016

:)

rboppy, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. What's eating up my \C: drive? - Similar Threads - What's eating drive

2. Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive: A few days ago, my C drive suddenly dropped gigabytes at a fast rate. I found that random exes from my installed programs kept eating up my storage like crazy. Some programs include iTunesHelper.exe, SECOMN64, and more. I tried removing them through Task manager, but they...
  3. Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive: A few days ago, my C drive suddenly dropped gigabytes at a fast rate. I found that random exes from my installed programs kept eating up my storage like crazy. Some programs include iTunesHelper.exe, SECOMN64, and more. I tried removing them through Task manager, but they...
  4. Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's eating up so MUCH of my RAM?: I literally checked everywhere, closed microsoft edge, closed discord, I only have Microsoft edge with like 3 tabs open and no matter what i close It still says it's using up like atleast 50% of my entire ram, which is weird, because i have 2666mhz of 16gb ram. Can someone...
  6. AppData is eating my C-drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppData is eating my C-drive: My C drive is a 237GB SSD, so I can't re-partition to create more space. AppData is eating 56GB, leaving me with 15GB of space on the C-Drive, and slowing the computer down. Surely that must be wrong? I need to install more software and I can't. Please help!...
  7. My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My OS C: Drive is mysteriously eating up space….: So, about a week ago my C: drive space is about 101 GB and yesterday after I did my windows update, it went down to 74 GB. Now, I am stuck at 80.6 GB. Why is the Hard Drive keeps filling up by itself automatically for no reason on Windows 10? It will probably will go down...
  8. Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer: I am seeing my C drive is running out of space. I usually have 2 instance of firefox running with alot of tabs, this translates to more memory. I am trying to find what is going on, I downloaded the WinDirStat, looked into some of the areas where its being used a lot. Btw, I...
  9. Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer

in Windows 10 Support
    Local C drive eating up space, trying to find answer: I am seeing my C drive is running out of space. I usually have 2 instance of firefox running with alot of tabs, this translates to more memory. I am trying to find what is going on, I downloaded the WinDirStat, looked into some of the areas where its being used a lot. Btw, I...
  10. Something is eating up my C-drives free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is eating up my C-drives free space: Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C: I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off hibernation, which gave me another 20GB. This was 4 days ago. Now I have about 10GB free space. My C-drive is the OS only,...