Windows 10: What's eating up my \C: drive?

Discus and support What's eating up my \C: drive? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This morning my c: drive shows 10.7 GB free, on a 117 GB SSD, looking at the files and folders on C:, with View set to show hidden files and folders... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Sep 1, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

What's eating up my \C: drive?

This morning my c: drive shows 10.7 GB free, on a 117 GB SSD, looking at the files and folders on C:, with View set to show hidden files and folders and protected OS files not hidden, adding up the size of each comes to 82 GB, that 24 GB unaccounted for.

Any clues?

1903 18362.1016

:)

rboppy, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Jacee Win User

C: Drive disk cleanup

I've already done your suggestions....... yep, need a bigger drive for C: suppose!

Jacee, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Unallocated Space to C Drive

Thanks

realtravisbrown92, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

1. What's eating up my \C: drive? - Similar Threads - What's eating drive

2. Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eating up of huge disk space on C: drive and releasing it only on force shoutdown.: I observe that working long hours on intensive applications on Windows 10 tends to eat up a lot of C: drive disk space. This does not go by doing the regular disk clean procedures. This is released only by force shutting down by long pressing the Start Button. Is this...
  3. Something is eating up my C-drives free space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Something is eating up my C-drives free space: Drive #1 - Samsung SSD 960 EVO 250GB 232 GB C: I'm able to find 50GB of files when I check, but I only have about 10GB of free space. I turned off hibernation, which gave me another 20GB. This was 4 days ago. Now I have about 10GB free space. My C-drive is the OS only,...
  4. What's eating my ram?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's eating my ram?: whats eating my 8gb of ram? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-eating-my-ram/155b9f00-156a-4d4d-bf5e-b4e626986910
  5. C: drive messed up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    C: drive messed up: When I upgraded to Win 10, somehow that screwed-up my C: drive. I'm using an HP desktop, specs: [ATTACH] As you can see, I have a 1TB hd. However, only 19.77GB are free. The remainder is on the K:. K: is the name I gave to that specific unallocated partition so I could...
  6. My C drive is filling up alone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is filling up alone: My C drive is filling up alone with out any intervention i tryed to find a solution on Youtube but nothing worked i don't even know what is cousing this i have 4Mb free out of 96GB , and i didn't download anything on it like nver only my windows10 is there, i didn't make any...
  7. What is eating away my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is eating away my RAM?: So I have a 8 GB RAM on my laptop and I noticed that 3.7 GB were already used and only a little over 4 GB was free to use. I wasn't also getting good performance in video games. And I also noticed my battery wasn't holding up for more that a few hours and it was declining...
  8. Whats filling my C drive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whats filling my C drive?: My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, I'm getting warnings. I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows. Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB 56(c) + 20(restore) = 76GB for C. This leaves a difference of 124GB unaccounted for. My BU and System Image are in in a...
  9. What is this "aow_drv.log" file in my C: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this "aow_drv.log" file in my C: Drive?: This file is sitting in my C: drive (Operating System Drive) for quite a long time but i didn't care much about it until now. It seems to be bigger than before, now it's nearly to 7 MB just for .log file which is huge i guess and when i try to delete this explorer says that...
  10. Whats up with windows 10 eating up free SSD space?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Whats up with windows 10 eating up free SSD space?: Hi guys, quick question. I seem to have 5GB of free space caught up in something and cant seem to delete it. I tried using the windows 10 tool under settings to get rid of it and it wont work - See attached. Whats up with 5 gb of space? On a side note - I have been...