Windows 10: What's feasting on my RAM?

Discus and support What's feasting on my RAM? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [img] [img] I have 16 GB Ram. I don't think half of it should be running on 'empty'. Last night I tried that msconfig (System Config) "rule out"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Corona, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Corona Win User

What's feasting on my RAM?

What's feasting on my RAM? [​IMG]

What's feasting on my RAM? [​IMG]

I have 16 GB Ram. I don't think half of it should be running on 'empty'.
    Last night I tried that msconfig (System Config) "rule out" test and I came up with Killer Network (an Alienware thingy) as the top culprit.
    So I disabled it (& ONLY it) in msconfig. It's still off today, so I booted up, the Ram was looking like it did last night after the fix worked.
    But over the course of an hour or so it becomes thickerer till it looks like that pic up there.

Maybe I'm being a fuddy duddy but it seems strange.
    Any thought bubbles? *Huh

:)

Corona, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Feb 26, 2019
  3. To RAM or not to RAM...

Hey genesis what hardware have you bought, you might be able to save on the ram and step up the rest of the hardware a little...

Or you could go out on the town as suggested... *Big Grin What's feasting on my RAM? :D

DrunkenMafia, Feb 26, 2019
  4. BullGod Win User

List of Micron D9 RAM: Request sticky.

Maybe now you see those Rams I suggested to buy for your rig. They are at the top of the list there...

BullGod, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

1. What's feasting on my RAM? - Similar Threads - What's feasting RAM

2. What could be wrong with my ram?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What could be wrong with my ram?: So my PC just all of a sudden started to blue screen multiple times in the past hour 2 said memory managment when I just had Google and epic games open downloading a game, another said system service expection and I don't know what's going on. Also when I did sfc /scannow it...
  3. What could be wrong with my ram?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What could be wrong with my ram?: So my PC just all of a sudden started to blue screen multiple times in the past hour 2 said memory managment when I just had Google and epic games open downloading a game, another said system service expection and I don't know what's going on. Also when I did sfc /scannow it...
  4. What is using my RAM ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is using my RAM ?: I have a laptop on Windows 10 with 6Go of RAM 5,89 Go usable according to the parameters.In my task manager, under "Performances" it shows that 4.1Go are used and 1.9Go are available 4.1+1.9=6: seems legitBut under "Processes", the RAM used by the programs is very far from...
  5. What is using my RAM ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is using my RAM ?: I have a laptop on Windows 10 with 6Go of RAM 5,89 Go usable according to the parameters.In my task manager, under "Performances" it shows that 4.1Go are used and 1.9Go are available 4.1+1.9=6: seems legitBut under "Processes", the RAM used by the programs is very far from...
  6. What is using my RAM ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What's happening to my ram?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's happening to my ram?: Hi, recently I discovered that my 16GB ram was sitting at 30% idle. I opened the task manager to check what was using it cause it's annoying when you want to play games. Task manager showed things that the ram was using but they didn't add up. I checked the internet and...
  8. What is using my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is using my RAM?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IAmNoSherlock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jahm55/what_is_using_my_ram/
  9. What is using all my RAM?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is using all my RAM?: [ATTACH] I have 16gb of RAM so idk why it's at 97%. It keeps doing this. https://preview.redd.it/oydle2k8zls51.png?width=663&format=png&auto=webp&s=266c856f02eff4f0fe169451a5c37cb8e463b731...
  10. What's eating my ram?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's eating my ram?: whats eating my 8gb of ram? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-eating-my-ram/155b9f00-156a-4d4d-bf5e-b4e626986910