Windows 10: Whats filling my C drive?

Discus and support Whats filling my C drive? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, I'm getting warnings. I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows. Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Penny K, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Penny K Win User

Whats filling my C drive?

My OS SSD C is is (almost) full, I'm getting warnings.
    I only have 55.8GB of 200GB used for Windows.
    Only 3 restore points in C + 10% reserved = 20GB
    56(c) + 20(restore) = 76GB for C.
    This leaves a difference of 124GB unaccounted for.
    My BU and System Image are in in a separate drive G.
    No malware or virus's running in the background, CPU and RAM usage is normal.
    I have run TDSSKiller, no R00T Kits.

Can someone help me audit my C and clean it up?

Whats filling my C drive? [​IMG]

Whats filling my C drive? [​IMG]

:)

Penny K, Dec 31, 2018

2. c drive filling up

I am getting a problem. I am downloading a big 55 gb iso file in other drive except C but C drive is filling up. Why? and what is the solution?

AsaduzzamanAsad, Dec 31, 2018
  3. c drive filling up

When you download from the Internet, the file you are downloading is placed in a cache that is on the C drive, usually the Temporary Internet Files folder. Once the file is completely downloaded, the "Save as" option in the browser will then move it to
    another location that you specify. That's why, during the download, the C drive fills: that's where the temporary files reside.

Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook], Dec 31, 2018
  4. Whats filling my C drive?

c drive is being filled automatically

hello,i have windows 100 installed on my laptop. c drive is automatically being filled. i have scanned it with defender. optimized the disk. but still facing the problem.

ganeshbodke, Dec 31, 2018
Thema:

Whats filling my C drive?

1. Whats filling my C drive? - Similar Threads - Whats filling drive

2. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  3. C: drive filling up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C: drive filling up: I have a new Surface Go 2 laptop with Windows 11 Home installed. There should be about 120 G storage space on it. My apps are listed in System / Storage as using about 90 GB and I have hardly anything else on the machine - it is all in the cloud. The C drive is sitting at red...
  4. My C drive is full and I don't know what is filling it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My C drive is full and I don't know what is filling it: I have around 4gb free of my 110gb SSD and I have no idea what it is that is taking up that space. Is there a certain way that I can figure out the exact applications or files that are taking up so much space? submitted by /u/PBBloor [link] [comments]...
  5. C:// Drive Filling Up..

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    C:// Drive Filling Up..: I Have Windows 10 2004 edition, the storage on the C:// Drive has been filling up anonymously and largely, I haven't downloaded anything in the past 15 days, neither updated anything. Do you know whats wrong with it??? submitted by /u/ThatPlex [link] [comments]...
  6. My C drive is filling automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My C drive is filling automatically: Hello!, I have a problem with my laptop hard disk recently I installed windows 10 update and after a few days suddenly my C drive begin losing storage and it was filling automatically the C drive as I had 32GB of free space after a few hours it become to 0GB. what could be...
  7. c drive getting filled.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive getting filled.: I don't what is root cause of this. "your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart " it happen twice and then C drive empty by 70 GB . but it filled 3 GB with in few hour. How to solve it ? what are the option ? should i format laptop or not ? if I format C drive...
  8. C drive space filling

C drive space filling: My C drive space in Windows 10 is filling up rapidly. I tried deleting CBS files but that weren't occupying much space. I used Treesize but not able to make sense of which file is occupying unnecessary space and which file to delete....
  9. c drive filled up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    c drive filled up.: Mistery. I have done everthing suggested but it still fills up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/c-drive-filled-up/44551698-0f97-4f57-be70-eb26615cf199
  10. My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...

My C Drive keeps filling for no reason...: Hi all, Since I did the most recent windows 10 update my C drive has been filling for no reason at all that I Can find. Ive looked through hidden and protected files and highlighted them all and they are using 100gb yet my 256gb ssd has 15gb free, this makes no sense to me....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Whats filling my c drive