Windows 10: What's going on with my screen and how do i fix it?

Discus and support What's going on with my screen and how do i fix it? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [IMG] Recently this has been happening on my screen whenever something black comes on my screen. can anybody tell me what is going on and how i fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Hoboprophet, Mar 16, 2021.

1. What's going on with my screen and how do i fix it?

What's going on with my screen and how do i fix it? [​IMG]

Recently this has been happening on my screen whenever something black comes on my screen. can anybody tell me what is going on and how i fix it?

:)

Hoboprophet, Mar 16, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

FIX SCREEN SO IT DOESN'T GO BLANK

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the computer screen goes blank after sometime, I’ll certainly assist you with this.

However, please let us know:

• Do you see any error message on the screen when the computer screen goes blank?
    • When you say “I need to fix it so that doesn't happen” how are you fixing the screen?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

Meanwhile, you may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below:

If you are using a Desktop, then the first thing I would suggest you to do is check if the cables are connected properly.

Method 1: Refresh Graphics driver

I suggest you to try refreshing the graphics driver by using the key sequence
    Windows logo key + Ctrl + Shift + B and see if that helps.

Method 2: Update graphics driver

I suggest you to try updating the graphics card driver and see if that helps. To do this, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on the display driver and select
      Update Driver
    4. Restart the computer.

Article for reference: Update drivers in Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2021
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 16, 2021
  4. What's going on with my screen and how do i fix it?

Screen size does not fix.

Since the new upgrades the screen size is too big for my 7 YR old Toshiba Laptop, which I use constantly. I Can not access the x or the scroll bar. The character's are Hugh, stretched and distorted. I have followed every single step listed in troubleshooting
    and even paid two computer techs to fix it. NOTHING WORKS! There used to be a simple one step adjustment: Settings: Display: Screen Size. Neither, Resetting, troubleshooting app, driver updates, changing to another resolution (which btw is suggested as a
    fix but non existant) nothing works. I am at wits end. The last guy I paid to fix it suggested I just buy anew unit? I can't afford that. Please please address this issue asap. Thank you

Arose Krashmam, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

What's going on with my screen and how do i fix it?

1. What's going on with my screen and how do i fix it? - Similar Threads - What's going screen

2. Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on this loading screen for hours, what is it and how do I fix it?: My laptop is stuck on this loading screen and I’m not sure why. The censored part is my name. I couldn’t find any similar images online so I apologise if this is a simple issue that I just don’t know about.My laptop was fine a few hours ago, I shut it didn’t power off or...
  3. What should I do to fixe my screen randomly going black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What should I do to fixe my screen randomly going black: My Hp Pavilion i5 Iris xe Graphics laptop Seems to Experience the screen randomly going black every few seconds. The display also has gone all fuzzy before And I reinstalled windows and it fixed it Is there a better way to fix this?...
  4. What should I do to fixe my screen randomly going black

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What should I do to fixe my screen randomly going black: My Hp Pavilion i5 Iris xe Graphics laptop Seems to Experience the screen randomly going black every few seconds. The display also has gone all fuzzy before And I reinstalled windows and it fixed it Is there a better way to fix this?...
  5. what is this and how do I fix it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what is this and how do I fix it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AkiyoshiLL [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ulfyzz/what_is_this_and_how_do_i_fix_it/
  6. What is this and how do i fix it

What is this and how do i fix it: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Putrid6 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kv8tta/what_is_this_and_how_do_i_fix_it/
  7. What is this/How do I fix it?

What is this/How do I fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ShyftOnReddit [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzc70l/what_is_thishow_do_i_fix_it/
  8. how do i fix chrome no going full screen

how do i fix chrome no going full screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tuvok423 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gqgql3/how_do_i_fix_chrome_no_going_full_screen/
  9. How do I fix my blurry screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix my blurry screen?: So last night I finally got my EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 installed into my computer after ordering and installing a new power supply. When I loaded my computer it was perfectly fine and none of the resolution changed at all. But after getting home from school today I realized...
  10. What is going on and how do I fix this?

What is going on and how do I fix this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Thehang [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e2lxdo/what_is_going_on_and_how_do_i_fix_this/