Windows 10: What's going on with my taskbar?

Discus and support What's going on with my taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello Recently I noticed the icons on my taskbar are spaced more widely apart than normal. I thought this was just something that happened in an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jwmax, Nov 25, 2020.

1. /u/jwmax Win User

What's going on with my taskbar?

Hello

Recently I noticed the icons on my taskbar are spaced more widely apart than normal. I thought this was just something that happened in an update, then they went back to normal and today they are wide again. I've also noticed that I have the tick boxes beside my files by default. I thought this might be a tablet view issue but when I switch that on and off it makes no difference. Can someone help me out? I don't want the wide spacing. Thanks!

submitted by /u/jwmax
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jwmax, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 25, 2020
  3. how to effectively hide or disable the taskbar?

Hi,

Did you try the “Auto-hide the taskbar” option from Taskbar properties?

If you have not tried it, I would suggest you to follow these steps and auto-hide the taskbar:

• Right click on Taskbar.
    • Click on Properties
    • Check the box Auto-hide the taskbar.
    • Click on OK.

Hope this information helps.

Rohit Siddegowda, Nov 25, 2020
  4. What's going on with my taskbar?

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

What's going on with my taskbar?

1. What's going on with my taskbar? - Similar Threads - What's going taskbar

2. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  3. What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's going on with Taskbar sizing and taskbar icon sizing in Windows 11?: I am old and my vision is not as sharp as it used to be. In Windows 10 I could right click at the top of the taskbar and raise or lower it to change the size of the taskbar. I could also select the icon size. All this seems to have disappeared with KB5022913. I can no longer...
  4. What is going on with my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is going on with my computer?: So I was normally using Windows, just like another normal day, and then I decided to shut it down because I was going to do something else. When I turned the PC back on, it said for a few frames "updating your computer" but then a blue screen of death showed up.I'm not really...
  5. What is going on with my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my computer?: So I was normally using Windows, just like another normal day, and then I decided to shut it down because I was going to do something else. When I turned the PC back on, it said for a few frames "updating your computer" but then a blue screen of death showed up.I'm not really...
  6. What's going on with my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on with my computer?: So a few weeks ago, my computer started crashing and freezing, when that happened. I've been trying so many times to figure out what's causing the crash.I scanned my PC with an antivirus softwares, I checked the status of my drive on CMD wmic diskdrive get status, it said it...
  7. What's going on with my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's going on with my computer?: So a few weeks ago, my computer started crashing and freezing, when that happened. I've been trying so many times to figure out what's causing the crash.I scanned my PC with an antivirus softwares, I checked the status of my drive on CMD wmic diskdrive get status, it said it...
  8. What's going on with my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What's going on with my computer?: So a few weeks ago, my computer started crashing and freezing, when that happened. I've been trying so many times to figure out what's causing the crash.I scanned my PC with an antivirus softwares, I checked the status of my drive on CMD, it said it was OK. I installed a tool...
  9. What Is This **** On My Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What Is This **** On My Taskbar?: Hello all,Could someone please tell me what is this mess on my Taskbar see picture? If my mouse even touches the weather my screen explodes into worthless news feed like in the picture. I did not ask for this to be installed to junk up my Taskbar and I could care less about...
  10. What's going on with my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's going on with my PC?: Salutations, Ya'll might of noticed that I'm new here, so I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate place to post my question. Anyways, three days ago my computer had been acting erratic. Programs, that I would normally have no problem running, would crash, hang,...