Windows 10: What's going on with windows search bar

Discus and support What's going on with windows search bar in Cortana to solve the problem; The top image shows a glitched out search bar, it occurs when I open some application and sometimes happens randomly on its own. It gets fixed if I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Tejas Srikanth, Jun 11, 2021.

1. What's going on with windows search bar

The top image shows a glitched out search bar, it occurs when I open some application and sometimes happens randomly on its own. It gets fixed if I hover over it, and afterwards it looks like the bar in the second image. Has anyone else run into this issue? Is it just a problem with the display and color settings, or is there another reason why this is occurring? If you've ran into it before, how have you fixed it?Thanks so much for any response,Tejas

:)

Tejas Srikanth, Jun 11, 2021

2. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jun 11, 2021
  3. jbailey8 Win User
    HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Jun 11, 2021
  4. What's going on with windows search bar

Downloaded app, and a random search bar came to the top of my screen.

The search bar that is showing on the upper part of the screen is a 3rd party search bar tool. This tool bar may have been included during the installation or when you installed the CamStudio on your computer. To take that off from your screen, we suggest
    that you uninstall the search bar tool. To do that, follow these steps:

• Right-click on Start and click Control Panel.
    • Go to Programs and features and click Uninstall a Program.
    • Under Uninstall or change a program, scroll through the list to check if there is any third party tool\search bar installed on the computer.
    • If yes, right-click on the tool\search bar and uninstall it.

Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Marque Lor, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

What's going on with windows search bar

1. What's going on with windows search bar - Similar Threads - What's going search

2. What are these icons in my windows search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these icons in my windows search bar?: Clicking them doesn't seem to do anything. I find them distracting as I like my taskbar to be as minimalist as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-icons-in-my-windows-search-bar/1d8e0388-9028-4fd1-8ae8-d0ee17f03f38
  3. What are these icons in my windows search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are these icons in my windows search bar?: Clicking them doesn't seem to do anything. I find them distracting as I like my taskbar to be as minimalist as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-these-icons-in-my-windows-search-bar/1d8e0388-9028-4fd1-8ae8-d0ee17f03f38
  4. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the new icon in the Search bar?: Recently, you might observe a new icon next to the search icon in the taskbar next to the "Type here to search" and this icon will change whenever you are connected to the internet. For example, you might see an icon like the following:This is a new behavior of Windows and...
  5. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the new icon in the Search bar?: Recently, you might observe a new icon next to the search icon in the taskbar next to the "Type here to search" and this icon will change whenever you are connected to the internet. For example, you might see an icon like the following:This is a new behavior of Windows and...
  6. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What is the new icon in the Search bar?

in Cortana
  8. What is this in the search bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this in the search bar?: Hello everyone, While reading another thread in this forum, I realized that my search bar is not normal-behaving. First three recent apps icons are not with their native icons but with image icons. Secondly, it seems that, when I open some other apps or programs, they are...
  9. What is the path to the search bar?

in Cortana
    What is the path to the search bar?: I want to make a shortcut to the search bar but I can't seem to find the path, What is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-path-to-the-search-bar/92ff7abf-c20f-4f57-aab3-8758283115e6
  10. What is going on with my search box?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is going on with my search box?: I have just bought a brand new Surface Laptop 3, foolishly thinking that a move to a true Microsoft product may just result in a more satisfying Windows experience. Alas, so far my experience is marred by the search function not working properly not that it has even been...