Windows 10: What's going on?

Discus and support What's going on? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We've had some major changes with our system at our firm, including a new server and new computers. We're using Microsoft 365 with Windows 10. Here's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Missy Vella, Jan 29, 2020.

1. What's going on?

We've had some major changes with our system at our firm, including a new server and new computers. We're using Microsoft 365 with Windows 10.

Here's the issue:

In Word, we include graphs from Excel for our newsletter. When we print batches, Word is sporadically reading the table margins and tabs over in the paragraph and then the next paragraph is fine. We have several tables and we fixed it once and now it's doing this on a different page. Sometimes it's okay and other time's it's not.

This morning I printed the EXACT SAME document. The first one was fine, but the second one did what I described above. This was not a batch print. I was just printed 2 separate times.

We have NEVER had this issue before and are wondering if it's our printer, server or perhaps a glitch in a recent Microsoft update.

If someone can figure this out, you will be a hero!

:)

Missy Vella, Jan 29, 2020
  2. YOU
    You Win User

Thinking about Going back to Win8.1

If want to disable IE, still can. However, can't uninstall it like were able to in XP/98/whatever.
    Here's how, although I find it useful in case Chrome or Firefox stops working and have to re-download it. *Wink
    1. Search for turn windows features on or off and click it in the search results.
    • What's going on? [​IMG]
    2. When the app opens, uncheck Internet Explorer 11.

3. Click Yes on the warning dialog.
    4. Click OK.
    5. Restart for the changes to finish.

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 29, 2020
  4. What's going on?

computer doesn't go to sleep automatically

The only task in that list that is not a part of the system task is the "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor". We suggest that you end the said task by going again to the
    Task Scheduler. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Follow the steps that we have provided you before to display all running tasks.
    • Once all running tasks are displayed, select "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor", then click on
      End Task.

If ending its task doesn't resolve your concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall it by following the steps in this article:

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
    . Once done, kindly check if the issue persists.

Kindly get back to us once you're done with the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Jan 29, 2020
Thema:

What's going on?

1. What's going on? - Similar Threads - What's going

2. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.: Hi! I've been having problems with bluescreening on my pc. I've had it since august 2023 and it's just constantly been BSOD-ing etc with similar bluescreens. I've tried most of the stuff on here, online and nothing seems to be working. The BSOD's i've been having...
  3. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.: Hi! I've been having problems with bluescreening on my pc. I've had it since august 2023 and it's just constantly been BSOD-ing etc with similar bluescreens. I've tried most of the stuff on here, online and nothing seems to be working. The BSOD's i've been having...
  4. constant bluescreening with same ones. pc guy who built it doesnt have a clue whats going on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  6. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?: I am literally on the verge of beating the **** out of my USB stick, it keeps appearing on my file explorer but then disappearing and when I check elsewhere it looks like this...
  7. WHAT THE **** IS GOING ON WITH MY USB STICK!?

8. Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 : What causes display to go to sleep after one minute?: Hello,I have Windows 10 Enterprise. I am on a Desktop computer.I observe the following behaviour:- I lock my computer keystroke: Win+L . the "welcome screen" gets displayed, with the usual text "Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to unlock" or whatnot.- I wait exactly 60 seconds without...
  9. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...
  10. What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?

What is going on with my new build??? Is it the Motherboard or something else?: My computer is VERY VERY slow to start and won't go past the bios option unless MANY TRIES are made. I've install windows about 2 times successfully on this NEW BUILD and still can't access windows main interface. I don't k own what to do at this point since I've tried...