Windows 10: Whats happened overnight?

Discus and support Whats happened overnight? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Has there been a major update? Can't find any info. My PC this morning looks as though windows 11 had=s been installed. Dektop icons all gone, all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by woldsweather, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Whats happened overnight?

Has there been a major update? Can't find any info. My PC this morning looks as though windows 11 had=s been installed. Dektop icons all gone, all settings back to how MS want them (cortan and edge crap back on task bar). Have done system restore and got everything back now but presumably not for long?

:)

woldsweather, Jun 28, 2016

2. What's happened to "My Nokia"

Im still having problems with packet data activation

snothi5422, Jun 28, 2016
  3. What's happened to "My Nokia"

I like the new Nokia Homepage. I understand the need to push Lumia etc. Great. But it appears that the "My Nokia" support pages are no longer avaliable. Is this a temporary issue while the whole Nokia.com site gets an update or is it gone for good? And if it
    is gone for good, what's happened to my data? e.g. Name, phone model, phone number, when my current contract is up etc?

AndyTS---01, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Hazel123 Win User

Whats happened overnight?

It sounds like you've had a reset (ie restored it to factory install). Could you have done a reset last night without realising?

Hazel123, Jun 28, 2016
  5. Just remembered it was fine when I switched on this morning. I set it up downloading a video and came back to the reset.

6. cereberus Win User
    I expect you have just been (rather belatedly) just upgraded to version 10586.

This is quite normal.

In fact it will happen again in a few weeks when next build comes out, but that is last we well see for at least 4-6 months.

cereberus, Jun 28, 2016
  7. So now I have system restored and got all my settings back it will happen again? My version now says 1511 (OS Build 10586.420)

8. Whats happened overnight?

Yes you are now on the latest update until the big upgrade at the end of July unless they update again in 2 weeks ready for the upgrade

hTconeM9user, Jun 28, 2016
  9. OK - thanks - all good for a while then.

10. Hazel123 Win User
    So can upgrades do this? Reset everything? And should I turn off automatic upgrade?

Hazel123, Jun 29, 2016
  11. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

If you restored your system using a restore point then it obviously already was at version 10586.420 when that restore point was created.

Just saying.....

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Whats happened overnight?

1. Whats happened overnight? - Similar Threads - Whats happened overnight

2. What happened?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happened?: Why is it these days that every other forced update has a real chance of making my computer unable to boot up? I've had this happen twice. Do you guys still do QA at all so you can find out an update will destroy a Windows PC before you force it to take it?I really don't like...
  3. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?: I've got an older HP EliteDesk Gen2 I think, works great otherwise but every morning when I start my day, it's a complete mess. I have dual monitors and I've completely disabled sleep and hibernation modes via reg keys and custom power profiles. Sleep has always been a mess...
  4. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?: I've got an older HP EliteDesk Gen2 I think, works great otherwise but every morning when I start my day, it's a complete mess. I have dual monitors and I've completely disabled sleep and hibernation modes via reg keys and custom power profiles. Sleep has always been a mess...
  5. Windows 10 a mess every morning. Not sleeping but slow to resume. What's happening overnight?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. What is happening?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    What is happening?: I don't understand what this is... Yes I have a Windows 11 theme because of the TPM requirement. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-happening/6914bf8b-1e81-4225-9efa-0995ce8f45ca
  7. Tf happened to my speakers overnight?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tf happened to my speakers overnight?: My speakers were working fine last night and suddenly the two little ones are fine, but my subwoofer plays at a really low volume. I plugged them into my MacBook and the subwoofer worked fine. Back into my pc again and still doesn't work. Anyone know why this is happening...
  8. What is happening?!

What is happening?!: Idk what happening! I got a raspi4 on the network a few days ago and it worked fine. I turned it off, came back a day later and had no service. I've done everything to get it up and running again. The real problem is, nothing is working now. I dont know of any of it OS...
  9. What happened?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happened?: Hello everyone, After a contact with a potential scam from widget.rave.office.net, i asked for help for something else and since that time i reinstalled windows 10 but now the onedrive icon is full grey instead of being all white like before. Is there a simple way to...
  10. what happened?

what happened?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/nerdedg0y [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh6yfs/what_happened/