Windows 10: Whats happened to my hard drive?

Discus and support Whats happened to my hard drive? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two disks, one 256gb SSD which my OS was installed on. The other is a 1tb HDD that had all my data on. I just "refreshed" windows using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by real world, May 14, 2016.

1. Whats happened to my hard drive?

I have two disks, one 256gb SSD which my OS was installed on. The other is a 1tb HDD that had all my data on. I just "refreshed" windows using the delete all option. When asked, I selected only erase the disk containing my OS
    Now the reinstall is done, my HDD seems to be gone! This is what disk management says. I'm concerned because the disk sizes dont add up and I fear my HDD has been obliterated.

Whats happened to my hard drive? [​IMG]

The hdd shows up in device manager. My computer shows the ssd and a small recovery disk. Please help!

:)

real world, May 14, 2016
  2. teishi Win User

Whats happened to my unlimited downloads???

I think they seriously messed up their databases in the transfer from Comes With Music to OVI Music Unlimited, and a bunch of us lost our accounts and DRM rights in the process (my subscription ran out back in April - and now I can't transfer any files from
    PC to phone, nor can I re-download anything from the download history)

There's this Elin person (working for Nokia) who's suggested that you might be able to log in by adding "OVI" to your username (i.e OVI instead of just , for me). It didn't work for me, but might work for some people...

teishi, May 14, 2016
  3. Whats happened to my unlimited downloads???

It all seems to be going horribly wrong at nokia Whats happened to my hard drive? :(

LEEBI---01, May 14, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Whats happened to my hard drive?

Right click on the 450.75 OS partition and assign a drive letter.

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  5. Thats great, its back but quite a lot down on space. Only 450gb instead of 1tb

real world, May 14, 2016
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    It's going to be pretty hard to get 1TB out of a 500 GB (or maybe 475 GB) hard drive.

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  7. Pretty sure it was a 1tb hard drive BEFORE I reinstalled Windows *Smile Unless my memory is failing me in my old age

real world, May 14, 2016
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Might want to look at the label on it with your glasses on *Wink

or right click on the start icon, select device manager, look under disk drives, you should get a model number that you can google:

Whats happened to my hard drive? [​IMG]

NavyLCDR, May 14, 2016
  9. hehe fair enough. 500mb. That solves that mystery then. Better start taking those pills again *Smile

real world, May 14, 2016
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would take mine but I can never remember where I left them!

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Whats happened to my hard drive? - Similar Threads - Whats happened hard

2. What is happening to my E-drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is happening to my E-drive?: What is the "WindowsApp" folder doing in my drive E? So I download my games in drive E. Previously it was only Bluestacks Fifa Mobile but yesterday I downloaded the game World of tanks Blitz 8 gb via Chrome. then I downloaded a game World of Warships which is from the same...
  3. What is happening to my E-drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is happening to my E-drive?: What is the "WindowsApp" folder doing in my drive E? So I download my games in drive E. Previously it was only Bluestacks Fifa Mobile but yesterday I downloaded the game World of tanks Blitz 8 gb via Chrome. then I downloaded a game World of Warships which is from the same...
  4. my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened

my hard drive was found yesterday but now its saying its not found what happened: So I have a Alien Ware area 51 PC my friend gave me only problem was he took his hard drive out and old me I needed to buy a new one. ok no problem I bought a 4T HDD from amazon it was a Seagate barracuda. when i put that in the first day I got that no problems were detected...
  5. What happen to my windows license after changing the Hard Drive HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What happen to my windows license after changing the Hard Drive HDD: I have bought a laptop and it has preinstalled windows 10 home single language on HDD. Now I want to change my HDD to SSD. Now what happen to my windows license after changing my Hard Drive ? Can I reactivate my windows after changing the HDD ? If it is possible then how can...
  6. What happened to my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happened to my hard drive?: [ATTACH] My hard drive disappeared. It says it is online, but unallocated. What does that mean? These are the options when I right click What can I do to fix this? Is my data gone? submitted by /u/ObberGobb [link] [comments]...
  7. What happens if i format my hard disk?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happens if i format my hard disk?: I bought a HP laptop preinstalled with windows10 Pro. I downloaded an android emulator called Bluestacks and it messed up my screen with blurry colours. I have done a clean reset and install of windows but my screen is still messed up with discolouration. I guess the app...
  8. New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New hard drive - What licensing problems will happen?: My mother will replace the hard drive in her computer because it's 7 years old. It has Windows 10 which was a free update from a previous version. The original copy of Windows just came with the laptop. At the moment the version of Windows works, but is just too slow....
  9. What happened with my hard disk is showing 0 bytes?

What happened with my hard disk is showing 0 bytes?: What should I do when the hard disk is showing 0 bytes ? the files are very important to me, but how to recover? Any help would be appreciated. [ATTACH]
  10. What Happens if Hard Drive Crashes in 2-3 years???

in Windows 10 Support
    What Happens if Hard Drive Crashes in 2-3 years???: Hi... hope this is proper place for my (in future) questions: I've 2 laptops; Toshiba came with Win8... not upgraded to Win8.1; then a Samsung, came with Win 8, upgraded to Win8.1. Neither came with Restore DVDs nor any way to burn them. So... suppose I bring them to...