Windows 10: What's happened to the desktop on this laptop? the interface is completely different from...

Discus and support What's happened to the desktop on this laptop? the interface is completely different from... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/random-stud [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/random-stud, May 4, 2020.

1. What's happened to the desktop on this laptop? the interface is completely different from...

/u/random-stud, May 4, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond What's happened to the desktop on this laptop? the interface is completely different from... :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 4, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    I'm having a microphone problem in 2 different computers (laptop and desktop).

Hi Márcio,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of your Microphone?
    • What is the model of your Laptop and Desktop?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • Did you make any Hardware and Software changes in your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft link below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks

Pavan_N, May 4, 2020
  4. sarahk Win User

What's happened to the desktop on this laptop? the interface is completely different from...

Win 10 laptop can't see a folder on desktop

Hi

My network is really simple. A win10 laptop and a win10 desktop. The desktop has a couple of hard drives and the laptop needs to see one of them.

At various times it's all been good but then something mysterious happens and we're back to square one.

So
    • I've set up a homegroup and both computers belong to it
    • I've set up sharing so that the homegroup can read/write
    • I've added my husbands email address as a user on the desktop and accepted the invitation so that it doesn't show as pending

Yet, when I go to the laptop
    • I can see the homegroup and the two computers that are in it
    • I can see the network and the same two computers
    • If I click on the drives I get a no-permission error

I've obviously missed a step somewhere and I've gone over tutorials and guides but can't work out what it is. Any ideas?

sarahk, May 4, 2020
Thema:

What's happened to the desktop on this laptop? the interface is completely different from...

1. What's happened to the desktop on this laptop? the interface is completely different from... - Similar Threads - What's happened desktop

2. 2 different interfaces in arp -a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 different interfaces in arp -a: Hi,I've recently had an unknown device connected on my network which disappeared as soon as it was detected and was looking into arp -a to try to gain some insight on the connections to my network.When I open arp -a I get 2 interfaces. One that shows the MAC-addresses and...
  3. 2 different interfaces in ARP -a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 different interfaces in ARP -a: Hi,I've recently had an unknown device connected on my network which disappeared as soon as it was detectected and was looking into arp -a to try to gain some insight on the connections to my network.When I open arp -a I get 2 interfaces. One that shows the MAC-addresses and...
  4. Icons in Taskbar become different, what happen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons in Taskbar become different, what happen?: Hi, I newly found out that the icons in taskbar became bigger than before, and they are sorted into a straight line instead of boxes, is this a new change of win 10? ver 20h2 If it is a new change,, is there any way to scaling them to the middle of the taskbar? Thank...
  5. what happened to the completed puzzle in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what happened to the completed puzzle in the background?: Whatever happened to the picture of the completed puzzle? what happened to hiding the upper bar? what happened to the completed puzzle in the background? can i get any of that back, or is it gone forever?...
  6. what happened to my desktop?

what happened to my desktop?: In the bottom right hand corner of the computer screen, there is a notification icon. CLICK on it and TURN OFF Tablet Mode and the Desktop will magically appear. this also seemed to get rid of the error 0x80004005 for windows 10. hope this helps...
  7. Different Windows Interface ?

Different Windows Interface ?: Hi! So whenever I sign in to my account connected to my laptop, a different Windows "interface" is showing me. My desktop becomes like this when all of my data in web browsers are nowhere to be found. I tried to see if there is a problem in my Microsoft account but I find...
  8. What's happenning with my laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's happenning with my laptop: Hey. since last month im having some issues in my laptop, like my mouse is very slow and kinda have of "input lag" aswell my games are delayed and since then it continues and everyday is worst. I tried everything, i resetted my pc 3 TIMES, upgraded drivers, installed...
  9. What happened to my desktop?

What happened to my desktop?: I don't like tiles. I want my desktop to look like the old traditional Windows 7, NT, etc with icons that I arrange. Is that possible in Windows 10?...
  10. Completely broken interface and more!

in Windows 10 Support
    Completely broken interface and more!: I'm having a very odd problem that my Win10 GUI interface is completely broken! but fully functional. Let me explain, the majority of the elements from the new interface is missing. When I open a win10 app (not windows native program) the interface sometimes shows as a white...