Windows 10: What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

Discus and support What's happening to my PC during factory reset? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey y'all, I have a regular Dell laptop using Windows 10 connected to a computer monitor. I initiated a factory reset, but I did it through Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/brownandangry, Sep 19, 2020.

1. What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

Hey y'all, I have a regular Dell laptop using Windows 10 connected to a computer monitor. I initiated a factory reset, but I did it through Windows itself and not the bios. I clicked on Start, went to System Recovery, and launched the reset tool. I picked Fully Clean The Drive and reinstall Windows. Before proceeding further, I got a notification that this will take much longer than Just Remove My Files. It's been about 24 hours since I launched the reset. When I turn on the external monitor, I'm on the correct display input, but a black screen pops up saying there's no signal on HDM1. When I click any key on the laptop, the computer makes a very loud beep like when you get Sticky Keys. Anyone know what's the deal?

submitted by /u/brownandangry
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/brownandangry, Sep 19, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 19, 2020
  3. factory reset will wipe the data in PC?

Hello,

I realize that you are trying to perform a factory reset to the computer. We will help you.

• How are you trying to perform a factory reset in your computer?
    • What issue are you facing to perform a factory reset?
    I suggest you to perform a recovery with keep my files in Windows 10.

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Keep my files

What it does

• Reinstalls Windows 10 and keeps your personal files.

• Removes apps and drivers you installed.

• Removes changes you made to settings.

• Removes any apps your PC manufacturer installed. (If your PC came with Windows 10, apps from your PC manufacturer will be reinstalled.)

Refer:
    Recovery options in Windows 10

To Reset you’re PC,

* On your login screen, hold Shift button,
    then right click on Power button and select
    Restart

* Select Troubleshoot> Reset this PC > Keep my files.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 19, 2020
  4. What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

what happened to my program files after factory resetting

Please also remove Windows.old file after reset your PC.

Step 1: Click in Windows' search field, type Cleanup, then click Disk Cleanup.

Step 2: Click the "Clean up system files" button.

Step 3: Wait a bit while Windows scans for files, then scroll down the list until you see "Previous Windows installation(s)."

What's happening to my PC during factory reset? iGtuw.png

Step 4: Check the box next to the entry, then make sure there are no other boxes checked (unless you do indeed want to delete those items). Click OK to start the cleanup.

Kattee Lee, Sep 19, 2020
Thema:

What's happening to my PC during factory reset?

1. What's happening to my PC during factory reset? - Similar Threads - What's happening during

2. Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently Shut off PC during factory reset: A day before yesterday my PC was working very slow, So i restarted it but it stuck at 33% and accidently I shut it down, Now when I switch it on and try to reset it through advanced option it doesn't get restart and shows “There was an problem restarting the PC”...
  3. My pc is stuck in this loop after during a factory reset, Idk what to do.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My pc is stuck in this loop after during a factory reset, Idk what to do.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Murulo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m37wkh/my_pc_is_stuck_in_this_loop_after_during_a/
  4. Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset This PC With Bitlocker On: what happens?: For my work I need to probably reset a laptop that has bitlocker enabled bitlocker requested on boot. I find this impossible to believe but 40 mins of searching the internet gave me no conclusive answers. We have the code and the recovery key - but my question is can I...
  5. PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC turned off during factory reset, what to do?!: What happen`s if you Restart PC while Factory Reset? I don`t have any USB or DVD! Thx, Greetings! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-turned-off-during-factory-reset-what-to-do/9d7741b1-f0a4-4001-8dac-c4478323af72
  6. What happens if I reset my pc?

What happens if I reset my pc?: Will my softwares like ms office,Adobe Photoshop, Camtasia be deleted if I reset my pc? Please answer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-if-i-reset-my-pc/4065ccf8-ed12-4419-8c34-766ff4db16e4
  7. No Display During Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    No Display During Factory Reset: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop whose screen is cracked, broken and unreadable. To use it, I have an external keyboard/mouse and an HDMI cord hooked up to a TV monitor. I decided to factory reset the laptop, but I'm four hours in and the display to the TV monitor no longer...
  8. What happens if I do a factory reset on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What happens if I do a factory reset on my laptop?: Hey guys, I'm locked out of my computer and can't seem to reset the administrator password to get back in. What can I do to solve this? Would I have to reinstall windows? If I do a factory reset would that fix everything? I don't really care about losing my files. I just want...
  9. Unplugging during a factory reset

Unplugging during a factory reset: I just want to know if I can unplug my laptop's charger now that it's performing a factory reset because the battery is 100% and I'm afraid keeping it plugged in would damage the battery. However before performing the factory reset i was told that the reset would only be done...
  10. Stuck during factory reset.

Stuck during factory reset.: So the Factory reset has been stuck at 2% for the last 8 hours. 9964