Windows 10: What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10

Discus and support What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Intel has now started rolling out March 2021 graphics driver update for Windows 10 version 20H2, version 2004 and older. Intel GPU driver version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 5, 2021.

1. WinLatest New Member

What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10

Intel has now started rolling out March 2021 graphics driver update for Windows 10 version 20H2, version 2004 and older. Intel GPU driver version 27.20.100.9316 is the second update of the year and it comes with a long list of improvements and fixes for everyone.

Intel DCH version 27.20.100.9316 doesn’t add support for any new exciting features or new games and the focus is mostly on Xe graphics. For example, it has fixed performance bottleneck for 3DMark Mesh Shader feature, DaVinci Resolve, and other issues observed in Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege

Cyberpunk 2077 is also getting improvements in this release, including better performance when starting gameplay on Xe and Xe Max graphics. Another bug has been fixed where Battlefield 4 crashes when changing Anti-aliasing deferred settings.

Other fixes in Intel graphics driver 27.20.100.9316

• Fixed crashes/lags observed in Call of Duty: Modern on Windows 10 version 1709+ with DirectX 12. Intel has also fixed graphic anomalies in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but this fix applies to Xe GPUs only.
    • Fixed black screen observed in Dirt Rally.
    • Fixed minor graphic issues in The Witcher 3 and Talos Principle.
    Known issues

Several issues haven’t been fixed yet. For example, the crash bug is still affecting games like Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and Watch Dogs: Legion.

Likewise, Microsoft and Intel are also aware of another bug where lag is observed when scrolling with a video on the screen in Chrome and Microsoft Edge.

In a bug post, Microsoft noted that a significant portion of the time is spent in the paging queue and during the scrolling section of the trace, which could result in noticeable performance issues.

Intel engineer explained that frames will drop in great amount followed by lag and janky scrolling. The playback issues can be fixed by implementing the new Media Foundation feature “MFForClear” in the Chromium browsers, but ETA is currently not available.

How to get the March 2021 driver update for Intel GPU

Before you download the March 2021 driver update for Intel, you should see if Windows Update has detected drivers for your device. Not all drivers are available through Windows Update, but some important drivers are released by the OEMs ahead of Intel or Microsoft’s scheduled updates.

Make sure that you don’t install the driver updates offered under the ‘Optional updates’ page of Windows Update.

If that doesn’t work, you will need to manually install the driver for finicky hardware. To do that, follow these steps:

What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10 Intel-March-2021-driver-update.jpg

System requirements are unchanged and Intel says you can download the driver on devices with the following Intel CPUs:

• All processors from 6th generation onward.
    • Xe, Pentium, Celeron, and Xeon.

It’s worth noting that the driver updates are not mandatory and you can skip the patch if you don’t have the issues highlighted above.

The post What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 5, 2021

2. Question about updating Intel GPU drivers (Laptop)

My laptop is a Lenovo Z50-70. Intel 4400 Family GPU and Nvidia GT 840M. I'm running Windows 10.

The latest driver for the Intel 4400 Family is dated from 6/23/2017: Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

Yet every time I upgrade to a new Insider Preview my driver is downgraded to a version from March (it's the one before the last one).

The one listed on the Lenovo driver site is dated from 25/07/2016.

Is it worth upgrading to the latest version of the drivers or should I stick to the one provided by WU? This is also a question I'd like to ask related to the Nvidia drivers. Even though they are left alone when updating should I install the ones from their site or should I stick to WU?

doriandiaconu, Mar 5, 2021
  3. GPU crashes after installing windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on windows 10.

I understand your concern and will help you with the issue.

As you said, you are facing the issue while playing a game that requires better gpu.so, the issue is related to graphics driver.

I would suggest you to follow the steps below:

Method 1

As, you tried uninstalling nvidia gpu and installing newest drivers(358.50),and it did not work. so, in that case I suggest you to download and install the earlier version of the driver from
    manufacturer website and check .

If issue persists,

Method 2

I suggest you to disable Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 and check if it helps..

To do so, Please follow the steps below:

• Type devicemanager in the
      search
      bar.

• Expand the display driver.

• Right click on
      Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600
      driver and click disable.

Still issue persists,

Please contact to the manufacturer website.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

AmritaBhattacharjee1709, Mar 5, 2021
  4. What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10

Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10

1. What’s improved in Intel’s March 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - What’s improved Intel’s

2. Windows 10 December 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 December 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 December 2021 cumulative update is now available for users and it is the last update for the operating system in 2021. Unlike the previous updates, December 2021 Patch Tuesday is a small release with a few security fixes and multiple non-security fixes for Windows...
  3. Windows 10 August 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 August 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 August 2021 update is now available for everyone running version 21H1, version 20H2, version 2004, and version 1909. August 2021 Patch Tuesday is all about security fixes, including a security change that will require administrative privilege for installing printer...
  4. Windows 10 July 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 July 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 July 2021 update is now available for devices using version 21H1, version 20H2, v2004 and v1909 as well. July 2021 Patch Tuesday include several security fixes, including a proper fix for the widely reported PrintNightmware, which is a vulnerability in PrintSpooler...
  5. Windows 10 June 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 June 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 June 2021 update is now rolling out and a new patch has been released for version 21H1, 20H2, v2004 and v1909. June 2021 Patch Tuesday include several bug fixes for critical bugs, such as memory leak issue that resulted in high resources usage when using certain...
  6. Windows 10, March 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10, March 2021 update: Hello! My laptop started to freeze every 5 minutes and I cannot do anything but to force a restart.. I can't move the mouse or use ctrl+alt+del at all. I tried to look online for a fix, but the only error I found was because of the printer.. I don't have a printer and I...
  7. Windows 10 March 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 March 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 March 2021 update is now available for all supported versions of the operating system – v20H2, v2004 and v1909. March Patch Tuesday comes with gaming optimization, Blue Screen of Death fixes, security improvements for legacy Microsoft Edge, and more. Windows 10...
  8. Windows 10 February 2021 updates: What’s new and improved

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 February 2021 updates: What’s new and improved: Windows 10 February 2021 update is now available for version 20H2, version 2004 and version 1909. February Patch Tuesday update comes with fixes for an issue that might damage the file system of some devices or prevent the system from starting up when chkdsk command is...
  9. What’s new in Intel’s January 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Intel’s January 2021 GPU driver update for Windows 10: Intel is rolling out January 2021 graphics driver update for Windows 10 version 1709, version 1903, version 1909, version 2004 and version 20H2. This year’s first driver update for Intel graphics will advance the driver version to 27.20.100.9126 and it will fix numerous bugs....
  10. Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10 updated with improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Graphics Driver for Windows 10 updated with improvements: Intel has recently rolled out updated graphics drivers for Windows 10 devices powered by its 6th, 7th, and 8th generation, Pentium, Celeron and Xeon CPUs processors. The update should improve the overall gaming performance on PCs with Windows 10 Intel HD Graphics 500+. Intel...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xe max driver update