Windows 10: What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive?

Discus and support What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I want to be able to have a mirror backup of my entire drive thats is fully accessible / functional as a file backup, unlike the corrupted files you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bombzopple, Mar 19, 2020.

1. What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive?

I want to be able to have a mirror backup of my entire drive thats is fully accessible / functional as a file backup, unlike the corrupted files you usually find from windows shadow copies. Preferably something I can backup on an external, what’s the best way to go about this?

Would it be possible to back up clone two different computers if the drive is big enough??

I am also planning to clone my HDD to an even bigger sized SSD in the future, when that time comes, what is the current most reliable way to clone an exact functional copy of my hdd?

submitted by /u/Bombzopple
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Bombzopple, Mar 19, 2020

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Mar 19, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 19, 2020
  4. What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive?

little cat, Mar 19, 2020
Thema:

What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive?

1. What’s my best option to back up my entire hard drive? - Similar Threads - What’s best option

2. what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?: what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-windows-11/99f08436-54cb-44ee-b5e3-9fa2fbbee30f
  3. what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive?: what's the best way to back up my windows 11 without an external drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-way-to-back-up-my-windows-11/99f08436-54cb-44ee-b5e3-9fa2fbbee30f
  4. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  5. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?: I'm lost! theres plenty of options:Whats the difference between creating a system image, system repair disc, copy and paste my file manually to a flash drive, and click on BACK UP from file history?...
  6. Whats the best and easiest way to back up my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. What is the Best option for backing up a Shared Drive in WIndows

What is the Best option for backing up a Shared Drive in WIndows: I have a home network and use a file server running Windows 10 Pro. I use windows 7 backup to make daily backups of local drives and that works fine. There is one Linux device on the network that the server connects to as a shared drive. I would like to backup the files...
  8. back up my hard drive to an external hard drive

back up my hard drive to an external hard drive: backing up my hard drive to external drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/back-up-my-hard-drive-to-an-external-hard-drive/322809a8-5ac9-408c-998d-8a2ecdcd1906
  9. Image or clone the hard drive? Best option?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image or clone the hard drive? Best option?: Would appreciate your help! *Confused Have a Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop (one morning the laptop with Windows 7 upgraded itself to Windows 10). Would like to use Macrium Reflect Free to create an image of its hard drive. Have no clue whether I need an image or whether I...
  10. What is the Best Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 News
    What is the Best Hard Drive?: It was one year ago that I first blogged about the failure rates of specific models of hard drives, so now is a good time for an update. At Backblaze, as of December 31, 2014, we had 41,213 disk drives spinning in our data center, storing all of the data for our unlimited...