Windows 10: What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

Discus and support What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Git for Windows v2.11.0 is out! Download it here (homepage is here). The new version corresponds to Git v2.11.0 (release notes are here, and our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

Source: Whats new in Git for Windows 2.11? | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

:)

Brink, Nov 30, 2016

2. bash apt-get fails to connect to ubuntu same when using aptitude

When I was trying to install "git" in bash, it always had a problem connecting to ubuntu's servers. Yes I have internet, Yes I can browse using a browser. I can pull up webpages I've never been to. I can ping an ip address etc etc etc. I also went directly
    to the file it was attempting to download and was able to download the deb it couldn't find. I even did an apt-get update. Still can't connect to ubuntu servers. It has to do with the bash itself. This is very upsetting because I've seen videos with other
    people being able to install git and other repositories just fine. If anyone had this problem or can help me fix this that be great!

I included this also

root@localhost:/mnt/c/Users/Matthew# apt-get install git

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

The following extra packages will be installed:

git-man liberror-perl

Suggested packages:

git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-email git-gui gitk

gitweb git-arch git-bzr git-cvs git-mediawiki git-svn

The following NEW packages will be installed:

git git-man liberror-perl

0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 3,306 kB of archives.

After this operation, 21.9 MB of additional disk space will be used.

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

git-man git

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty/main liberror-perl all 0.17-1.1

Could not resolve 'archive.ubuntu.com'

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty-updates/main git-man all 1:1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3

Could not resolve 'archive.ubuntu.com'

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty-security/main git-man all 1:1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3

Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty-security/main git amd64 1:1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3

Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libe/liberror-perl/liberror-perl_0.17-1.1_all.deb Could not resolve 'archive.ubuntu.com'

E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/git/git-man_1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3_all.deb Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/git/git_1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3_amd64.deb Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Matthewasdf, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Windows10Upgrade Folder on C:

In case you can not delete any folder by Windows tool, you can try ti install
    Git Bash
    , then you press Windows button on your keyboard, and type Git. You must open git bash with Administrator.

After that, you cd to C:, and type command line "rm -rf Windows10Updgade" then prompt enter button, wait for some seconds => Done.

Hope it can help you.

Hieu Tran BK108, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

1. What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11? - Similar Threads - What’s Git

2. Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog: I have opened the mini dump file but I am not sure how to distinguish what the cause is. Can someone please help? Is the information below enough?YMBOL_NAME: USBXHCI!Isoch_Stage_MapIntoRing+54dMODULE_NAME: USBXHCIIMAGE_NAME: USBXHCI.SYSIMAGE_VERSION:...
  3. Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog: I have opened the mini dump file but I am not sure how to distinguish what the cause is. Can someone please help? Is the information below enough?YMBOL_NAME: USBXHCI!Isoch_Stage_MapIntoRing+54dMODULE_NAME: USBXHCIIMAGE_NAME: USBXHCI.SYSIMAGE_VERSION:...
  4. Can some one help me to determine what driver may causing my crashes? DPC Watchdog

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...: my other account has been locked and i dont can acces to it i content the support they noy help so much and i dont know what to do i do recover account a but its not work with my phone number or my mom phone number my or my sis phone number if anyone haapend before i will be...
  6. anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...

anyone help with the recover account i have insane problem the supoort not know what to do...: my other account has been locked and i dont can acces to it i content the support they noy help so much and i dont know what to do i do recover account a but its not work with my phone number or my mom phone number my or my sis phone number if anyone haapend before i will be...
  7. What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?: My computer has been freezing and glitching for I think about two months now. At first, it wasn't that severe, it was random and occurred only once when opening my computer. As time goes on, it worsens. It will sometimes freeze and glitch twice when my computer is open. I...
  8. What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?

What is the common cause of a computer freezing and glitching?: My computer has been freezing and glitching for I think about two months now. At first, it wasn't that severe, it was random and occurred only once when opening my computer. As time goes on, it worsens. It will sometimes freeze and glitch twice when my computer is open. I...
  9. How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?

How can I find out what TLS protocols Edge browser is defaulting to?: My wife goes to "https://silversneakers.com" and my router blocks with Threat Prevention and says "ET POLICY TLSv1.0 Used in Session". This is on her Surface Pro 9 tablet running latest Windows 11 version and Edge version. How can I tell Edge or Windows or Local Policy or...
  10. Whats the right way to use Git on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whats the right way to use Git on Windows 10?: Hello fellows. After more than 15 years on Linux I'm migrating to Windows 10 this year. Things seems to be more user friendly now. It was pretty annoying initially but I finally managed how to block Cortana, Start Menu Web Search and others craps through firewall and gpedit...