Windows 10: What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

Discus and support What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11? in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Git for Windows v2.11.0 is out! Download it here (homepage is here). The new version corresponds to Git v2.11.0 (release notes are here, and our... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

Source: Whats new in Git for Windows 2.11? | Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management

:)

Brink, Nov 30, 2016

2. bash apt-get fails to connect to ubuntu same when using aptitude

When I was trying to install "git" in bash, it always had a problem connecting to ubuntu's servers. Yes I have internet, Yes I can browse using a browser. I can pull up webpages I've never been to. I can ping an ip address etc etc etc. I also went directly
    to the file it was attempting to download and was able to download the deb it couldn't find. I even did an apt-get update. Still can't connect to ubuntu servers. It has to do with the bash itself. This is very upsetting because I've seen videos with other
    people being able to install git and other repositories just fine. If anyone had this problem or can help me fix this that be great!

I included this also

root@localhost:/mnt/c/Users/Matthew# apt-get install git

Reading package lists... Done

Building dependency tree

Reading state information... Done

The following extra packages will be installed:

git-man liberror-perl

Suggested packages:

git-daemon-run git-daemon-sysvinit git-doc git-el git-email git-gui gitk

gitweb git-arch git-bzr git-cvs git-mediawiki git-svn

The following NEW packages will be installed:

git git-man liberror-perl

0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Need to get 3,306 kB of archives.

After this operation, 21.9 MB of additional disk space will be used.

WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!

git-man git

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty/main liberror-perl all 0.17-1.1

Could not resolve 'archive.ubuntu.com'

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty-updates/main git-man all 1:1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3

Could not resolve 'archive.ubuntu.com'

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty-security/main git-man all 1:1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3

Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

Err Index of /ubuntu trusty-security/main git amd64 1:1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3

Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

E: Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/libe/liberror-perl/liberror-perl_0.17-1.1_all.deb Could not resolve 'archive.ubuntu.com'

E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/git/git-man_1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3_all.deb Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

E: Failed to fetch http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/pool/main/g/git/git_1.9.1-1ubuntu0.3_amd64.deb Could not resolve 'security.ubuntu.com'

E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing?

Matthewasdf, Nov 30, 2016
  3. Windows10Upgrade Folder on C:

In case you can not delete any folder by Windows tool, you can try ti install
    Git Bash
    , then you press Windows button on your keyboard, and type Git. You must open git bash with Administrator.

After that, you cd to C:, and type command line "rm -rf Windows10Updgade" then prompt enter button, wait for some seconds => Done.

Hope it can help you.

Hieu Tran BK108, Nov 30, 2016
Thema:

What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11?

1. What’s new in Git for Windows 2.11? - Similar Threads - What’s Git

2. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Microsoft Forms

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Microsoft Forms: During Ignite 2020, we shared the latest Forms capabilities and scenarios that power team engagement and feedback sharing, helping you stay connected no matter where your team is located. Here's a deeper look at our announcements, as well as an opportunity to connect directly...
  3. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New and Coming to OneDrive

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New and Coming to OneDrive: Over the past year, our team made it a priority to bring you a more natural files experience in OneDrive. We set out to help you find your content faster; simplify the way you work with files across other Microsoft apps; and, if you’re an administrator, protect...
  4. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New with Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New with Cortana: Last year at Microsoft Ignite 2019, we unveiled our vision to deliver transformational AI-powered experiences in Microsoft 365 through Cortana, your personal productivity assistant. Today, as we kick off Microsoft Ignite 2020, we’re excited to give you a closer...
  5. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Microsoft Teams

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Microsoft Teams: Today at Ignite, we are announcing a ton of new capabilities to help people stay connected, collaborate, and build solutions in Teams. Here’s what’s new in: Meetings Meeting room experiences Calling Chat and collaboration Microsoft 365 integrations...
  6. What is new for Yammer at Microsoft Ignite 2020

in Windows 10 News
    What is new for Yammer at Microsoft Ignite 2020: Last November, we announced a new vision for Yammer – an entirely reimagined and redesigned experience that powers community, engagement, and knowledge across Microsoft 365. In the time since, the way we work and the way we connect has changed dramatically. While...
  7. #MSIGnite 2020: What is new in Outlook in a mobile browser

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIGnite 2020: What is new in Outlook in a mobile browser: Outlook is committed to providing you the best experience wherever you access it. We are happy to share with you the NEW Outlook experience on mobile browsers. To use Outlook on a mobile browser, just launch the browser of your choice on your smartphone and type the URL...
  8. #MSIgnite 2020: What is new for Microsoft Search

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is new for Microsoft Search: Haven't had a chance to catch up or missed our sessions? Don’t worry, we’ll precap and recap all of the latest news and announcements for Microsoft Search here. Looking for our sessions? Visit https://aka.ms/MicrosoftSearch/Ignite2020/LearnMore....
  9. #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    #MSIgnite 2020: What is New in Web Experiences with Microsoft Edge: [media] The message is loud and clear, and we’ve heard it: Providing secure remote access to resources, apps and data is the No. 1 challenge reported by security leaders. Cloud connected apps and services define our ability to work remotely, and with 60% of the...
  10. My computer has been recently crashing during unexpectant times. What is causing it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has been recently crashing during unexpectant times. What is causing it?: Minidump Dropbox My computer has been crashing while I've been playing games, more often during XCOM 2 and Warhammer: Vermintide but I can keep playing games like Overwatch without a crash. I built this computer in July and didn't have any problems. I upgraded my SSD and...