Windows 10: What’s New in Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps

Discus and support What’s New in Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today at //BUILD we are making an update available to the Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows apps. Windows 10 is an exciting release for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

What’s New in Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps

Source: What’s New in Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps

:)

Brink, Apr 30, 2015
  2. guy ismaelkoffi Win User

Getting error "Root Element is missing", When I create a "Blank App(Universal Windows)" Visual Studio 2015

Old title: Visual studio community 2015

When I create a "Blank App(Universal Windows)" Visual Studio Show me this error message : "Root Element is missing".

So I can't create new project. What should I do?

guy ismaelkoffi, Apr 30, 2015
  3. JoshuaMcDonald Win User
    Visual Studio 2015 Community

I recently downloaded visual studio 2015 community and am trying to make a basic hello world app using c++ and xaml. So I went to the Microsoft website where it one showing how to create a basic hello world app. When they went to new project, visual C++,
    windows, and then windows universal. You guys shows Blank App(Windows Universal) while my shows Blank App(Universal Windows 8.1). And I know that I downloaded all the features needed such as the SDK, windows platform, etc. And I also know that windows 8 is
    compatible for Visual Studio, but using windows 8, I will have to create 3 different projects instead of making just one because of the universal windows platform.

JoshuaMcDonald, Apr 30, 2015
Thema:

What’s New in Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps

1. What’s New in Visual Studio Tools for Universal Windows Apps - Similar Threads - What’s Visual Studio

2. about visual studio

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    about visual studio: I decided to learn c++ and downloaded visual studio. Then i wrote some code and debug and at the end i got errors like; ConsoleApplication1.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file. And some more with different dll names....
  3. Visual Studio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Visual Studio: Hello everyone! I am running Windows 10. Is it possible to download either VS 2013 or VS 2015? Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/visual-studio/1890da9f-ed04-47d4-9f7f-480bb12fed5a
  4. New Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8

in Windows 10 News
    New Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8: Today we are releasing Visual Studio 2017 version 15.8. In this version we have focused on productivity, performance and bug fixes. There are many new features you‘ll find useful, but in this post, I’ll underscore the highlights you may be most interested in. For the complete...
  5. visual studio 17

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    visual studio 17: Is it normal to have to repair this installation every few starts because it hangs up at the splash screen? windows 10. fresh install of VS17. Have tried all the suggestions on web. Looking for ideas. I have to burn an hour or two just to get VS17 running....
  6. New Visual Studio, Visual Studio for Mac, .NET Core and Xamarin.Forms

in Windows 10 News
    New Visual Studio, Visual Studio for Mac, .NET Core and Xamarin.Forms: Microsoft Build has always been a time when we deliver a wealth of developer-focused announcements. It’s an opportunity to share our vision for developer experiences across mobile, AR/VR, cloud, web, desktop, IoT and AI. This year, I’m excited to have brought this vision to...
  7. Visual Studio Installer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual Studio Installer: I noticed this after clicked Visual Studio Installer on screen that is taking forever. Is that normal for this " fetching your files " So far already have 1.67 MB downloading of 67.25 MB. Is there another way to install quicker than this. More likely will see this a whole day...
  8. Continuous Delivery Tools Extension for Visual Studio 2017

in Windows 10 News
    Continuous Delivery Tools Extension for Visual Studio 2017: DevOps is all about getting your applications into customers’ hands quickly. The Continuous Delivery Tools for Visual Studio is a new extension for Visual Studio 2017 that brings DevOps capabilities to the IDE. You can use the extension to setup an automated build, test, and...
  9. What’s new in Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) Sprint 121 Update

in Windows 10 News
    What’s new in Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) Sprint 121 Update: The Sprint 121 Update of Visual Studio Team Services (VSTS) is rolling out more broadly to accounts this week and includes Wiki in public preview and many features to make your workflow more integrated and consistent. Wiki, now included with every project, leverages the...
  10. Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools

in Windows 10 News
    Visual Studio Build Tools now include the VS2017 and VS2015 MSVC Tools: The Visual C++ Build tools have been a huge success since we introduced them two years ago. The C++ Build Tools were originally released as a standalone installer that only laid down the tools required to build C++ projects without installing the Visual Studio IDE. Many...