Windows 10: What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade

Discus and support What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft has remained tight-lipped about Windows 10 19H2’s current development status, but according to Microsoft’s typical schedule, Windows 10’s... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 27, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade

Microsoft has remained tight-lipped about Windows 10 19H2’s current development status, but according to Microsoft’s typical schedule, Windows 10’s last feature update of 2019 will be finalized in a few days.

Windows 10 version 1909 (codenamed 19H2) rollout should start next month and the update could be formally announced on October 2 at an event where the firm plans to unveil new hardware, including an ARM-powered Surface 7 with narrow bezels.

Unlike Windows 10 May 2019 Update, Windows 10 version 1909 isn’t a substantial feature update and it is more about under-the-hood performance improvements. In this article, you can learn about all the new features and improvements that the firm has planned with Windows 10 version 1909.

Digital assistants on the lock screen

Microsoft is updating Lock screen with a new change that should allow third-party digital assistants to voice activate above the Lock screen.

Flyout, Action Center improvements

Microsoft has also updated the Calendar flyout on the Taskbar to allow you to quickly create events straight from Taskbar. To create a Calendar event, you have to click on the date and time icon located at the Taskbar to access a Calendar flyout. After opening the flyout, you have to click on a date and pick your desired time with a custom text.

Action Center-related improvements are also included in this release. For instance, Microsoft has added new screenshots to the notifications settings page to help you understand different functionalities of the Action Center.

What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade Windows-10-20H1-notifications.jpg

The list of apps in the notifications settings age now sorts notification senders by most recently shown notification instead of sender name. This will allow you to find and customize the app which sends you notifications frequently.

What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade Action-Center-notifications.jpg

Microsoft is adding a new ‘Manage notifications’ button to the top of Action Center and it links to the Notifications settings page.

What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade Notification-toast.jpg

You can now also turn off notifications for a particular app directly from the Action Center or the notification toast.

Battery and performance

Windows 10 version 1909 comes with battery life improvements for laptops and 2-in-1s, and power efficiency improvements for PCs with certain processors from manufacturers like Intel.

Another change should improve the performance of PCs that have Intel CPUs with multiple “favored” cores, a new technology available in the latest Intel processors.

File Explorer

What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade File-Explorer-search-results.jpg

File Explorer now uses Windows Search to integrate OneDrive contents with traditional results in search page.

Other improvements

• Start menu will expand when you hover over it with your mouse.

The post What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Windows 10 Creators Update to Feature New Levels of Privacy Control

Just a tiny step closer before I'll upgrade to windows 10....

P4-630, Sep 27, 2019
  4. What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade

Update Failed - (KB4512941) Windows 10 1909

Please note, you keep mentioning Windows 10 1909, which is inaccurate. No such version of Windows 10 exist, the current production build is 1903 and the next major version is 1908.

Unfortunately, since you are unwilling to make any attempts trying my suggestions, I will release this question to someone else who might be willing to help you.

But please do try to cultivate an open mind when recommendations are made.

Andre for Directly, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade

1. What’s new in Windows 10 version 1909, the next major upgrade - Similar Threads - What’s version 1909

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Windows 10 version 1909: Hi... I am faced with upgrading our corporate computers to Windows 10 1909 from 1809. The reboot sequence take 17-20 minutes. Is there a way to cute that time any further. Thx G...
  3. Windows 10 is braced for a major upgrade shift next year

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 is braced for a major upgrade shift next year: The next update for Windows 10 is titled ’20H2′ and it will be identical to the already-available May 2020 Update, which was released on May 27. After Windows 10 version 20H2, Microsoft is expected to release ’21H1′ update in the first half of 2021, but we’ve learned from...
  4. Upgrading major version of windows.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upgrading major version of windows.: I need help with upgrading major version of windows. I am on Win 10 pro 64-bit version 1903, and nothing else is being offered in Settings->Windows Update. I have read all sorts of instructions on microsoft's site, and can't find anything concrete or understandable. The...
  5. Windows 10X: What’s new in the next version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10X: What’s new in the next version of Windows 10: Microsoft’s highly-anticipated Windows 10X is launching on single-screen devices such as laptops, 2-in-1s and notebooks soon. Windows 10X offers a new layout, which includes a redesigned Start menu, taskbar tweaks, and there’s also an overhauled Action Center experience. The...
  6. upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1909

upgrade to Windows 10 Version 1909: Cannot upgrade my HP Pavilion HPE to Windows version 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-to-windows-10-version-1909/505860b0-ab6a-4fe9-897f-c002eeaf3a31
  7. upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909

upgrade to Windows 10 version 1909: I am very confused on how to do this! For the last two months their has been an optional update for version 1909 but I heard people were having trouble with the download so I did not do it. I decided that I want to do it so what do I need to do? Will my computer upgrade to...
  8. Here is what's next after Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 News
    Here is what's next after Windows 10 version 1909: Microsoft released Windows 10 version 1909 in November 2019; the new major version of Windows 10 was just a minor update that did not introduce many new features or changes to the system. Windows 10 devices that run older versions of the operating system can be upgraded to...
  9. What is new for IT pros in Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 News
    What is new for IT pros in Windows 10 version 1909: Windows 10, version 1909 is now available through Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) and Windows Update for Business, and can be downloaded from Visual Studio Subscriptions, the Software Download Center (via the Media Creation Tool[1]), and the Volume Licensing Service...
  10. What is new in Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 News
    What is new in Windows 10 version 1909: The next feature update for Windows 10 (known in the Windows Insider Program as 19H2) will be a scoped set of features for select performance improvements, enterprise features, and quality enhancements. To deliver these updates in a less disruptive fashion, we will deliver...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whats new in win 10 1909 update

2. windows 1909 update whats new

3. whats new in srorage in windows 10 version 1909

4. next update to windows 10 1909,
  5. start menu expansion windows 10 1909 ,
  6. what is new in windows 1909,
  7. is there a new windows update after 1909?,
  8. whats new in windows 10 1909,
  9. win10 1909 whats new,
  10. what s new on window 1909,
  11. whats new in windows 10 version 1909 ,