Windows 10: What's Next For OneDrive with engineering Partner/GPM Jason Moore

Discus and support What's Next For OneDrive with engineering Partner/GPM Jason Moore in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; This week, Jason Moore, OneDrive engineering partner and group program manager and I chat about the new features we announced at SPCNA last week. We... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

What's Next For OneDrive with engineering Partner/GPM Jason Moore

Source: What's Next For OneDrive with engineering Partner/GPM Jason Moore - Microsoft Tech Community - 201026

:)

Brink, Jun 5, 2018

2. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

What's Next For OneDrive with engineering Partner/GPM Jason Moore [​IMG]

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Why were SMART Files Removed from OneDrive in Windows 10?

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

This article details why SMART files, also known as placeholder files, were removed from OneDrive in Windows 10.

Details

OneDrive has gone through many changes in Windows 10, most notably the removal of SMART files (placeholder files) from OneDrive. They still exist in Windows 8.1, however they were removed, hopefully temporarily, from OneDrive in Windows 10 because of the
    fragmented sync engines between OneDrive on Windows 7/Mac, OneDrive on Windows 8.1, and OneDrive for Business. The following article details what changes the OneDrive team made and why they made them:

Taking the Next Step in
    OneDrive

From a development point of view, it's a much better approach to consolidate their codebase, but from a user point of view, it's very frustrating.

Like many of us, if you want that feature back, please vote for it here on the OneDrive UserVoice page:

OneDrive UserVoice: "Sync online only" for Ondrive

Getting Started with OneDrive and Choosing Folders

To get started with OneDrive in Windows 10, please review these pages to familiarize yourself with the tools new processes:

Since you cannot choose which files are Available Online-only and Available Offline, you can choose the folders you want to sync. Review these two pages:

stanimal21, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

What's Next For OneDrive with engineering Partner/GPM Jason Moore

1. What's Next For OneDrive with engineering Partner/GPM Jason Moore - Similar Threads - What's Next OneDrive

2. MAR Partner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MAR Partner: Where can I find a MAR Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher partner in Belgium? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mar-partner/95a2e36e-7cdb-44f6-a0d1-15170bd4c539
  3. What next, MR

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What next, MR: So ive made the bootable recovery onto a USB pendrive and made and image of the C drive onto an external SSD, so im going to do a back up every week so what do i choose, full image every time Incremental or differential ? 183538
  4. What is Magnet Engine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is Magnet Engine?: Hey I have set limits on my son's acct. and we monitor his time. Anyone know what Magnet Engine is? He had about 10 hours of this listed in his usage for his PC? What is this? He isn't sure. Thanks for the help!...
  5. Unable to go to next image in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to go to next image in OneDrive: Dear sir/ madam, I am unable to go to the next image after opening an image. There are no arrows on the side of the screen and I cannot scroll to the next image. I have looked at the settings and the ****ed. They are all png images, s**** now have t****ck on the next image...
  6. What is Support Driver? is it authorized partner?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is Support Driver? is it authorized partner?: What is Support Driver? is it authorized partner? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-support-driver-is-it-authorized-partner/98f32702-a84a-4464-acc9-502a5cc3f939
  7. What is this forum engine called

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this forum engine called: I think this forum engine is the nicest of all the 5 forums in our group. The fixed bar that shows the alert, conversations, etc at all times is very practical. No need to always have to navigate to the top of the page to find them. I wish we would get that also in the...
  8. Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process

in Windows 10 News
    Understanding the OneDrive Engineering Process: Today we take a deep dive into what drives the engineering process. How we balance evolutionary features with truly revolutionary ones and how sometimes a cool kitchen gadget can lead to great engineering and design ideas in OneDrive. Join us and learn how Omar Shahine –...
  9. Surface and partners: Creating next generation services and support

in Windows 10 News
    Surface and partners: Creating next generation services and support: Last September, we launched the Surface Enterprise Initiative – to help the world’s biggest businesses get the most out of Surface devices with strategic partnerships designed to provide unmatched services and support, industry specific application and solutions development,...
  10. Moore's Law

in Windows 10 Support
    Moore's Law: I am not sure how much Moore's law might apply to storage, if at all, but it sure seems to me like the storage world has really frozen of late. Used to be that every few years, hard drives would double in size, but it has been about 4 years or so since I bought my first 4tb...