Windows 10: What's Something You Change in...

Discus and support What's Something You Change in... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Name something in Windows, or other OS, system or just anything on a computer where you remember vividly thinking, "damn, maybe I shouldn't" or "I Hope... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by swimf1989, Jan 28, 2021.

1. swimf1989 Win User

What's Something You Change in...

Name something in Windows, or other OS, system or just anything on a computer where you remember vividly thinking, "damn, maybe I shouldn't" or "I Hope I don't regret this" , "Cross fingers". Etc.

I just found out Nvidia and Microsoft bricked my GPU because I had not been aware of PCI passthrough and it's ..... shortcomings in a Virtual Environment.

Which really is the Root source for a lot of my struggles it seems...

Windows be quick to say "There's something IMPORTANT you should read here if you just have a moment to ....." And later u realize maybe that wasn't an AD you just closed instinctually , or come back to haunt later

Other things I regret was force syncing some experiential settings in chrome os, while playing around with Chronos and Termux with apparently the wrong user... every Google service I used for about 2 years was always waiting for new oAuth keys or some stuck , waiting or SIGKILL string I'd never see.

:)

swimf1989, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 28, 2021
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue What's Something You Change in... :p

cadaveca, Jan 28, 2021
  4. RealNeil Win User

Advice needed on build for a teenager's first custom PC

Good list.

RealNeil, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. What's Something You Change in... - Similar Threads - What's Something Change

2. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What happens when you change accounts on PC?: So recently my Microsoft account was hacked into and credentials were changed. Ive been in talks with the Cyber Division and they had me make a new account and "transferred" gave for free to replace my Microsoft Office 2021. They basically said they couldnt go back into the...
  3. What happens when you change accounts on PC?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What happens when you change accounts on PC?: So recently my Microsoft account was hacked into and credentials were changed. Ive been in talks with the Cyber Division and they had me make a new account and "transferred" gave for free to replace my Microsoft Office 2021. They basically said they couldnt go back into the...
  4. Something changed?

Something changed?: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.The first picture, shows you. What I would, normally see.When I click, on my music folder.The, second picture. Shows you what, I'm seeing now?Why, are the links. To everything, on my computer showing?Is, there any setting. That...
  5. Something changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something changed?: My computer, is a laptop. Running, Windows 10.The first picture, shows you. What I would, normally see.When I click, on my music folder.The, second picture. Shows you what, I'm seeing now?Why, are the links. To everything, on my computer showing?Is, there any setting. That...
  6. Something changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Something's not working. It's not you, it's us

Something's not working. It's not you, it's us: Not able to get past this error since yesterday on my Son's new laptop. Happens on the laptop login when I try to authorize with my own MS login. Also getting it when trying to add Son's account to MS Family Safety. Doesn't seem to be a way around this. Very frustrating....
  8. Something's not working. It's not you, it's us

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something's not working. It's not you, it's us: Not able to get past this error since yesterday on my Son's new laptop. Happens on the laptop login when I try to authorize with my own MS login. Also getting it when trying to add Son's account to MS Family Safety. Doesn't seem to be a way around this. Very frustrating....
  9. Hello guys, something like that happened. Do you know what to do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello guys, something like that happened. Do you know what to do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/majloszel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/igfe4p/hello_guys_something_like_that_happened_do_you/
  10. What will happen if you change your Processor?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What will happen if you change your Processor?: I have an intel core 2 duo 2.20 ghz and I bought an intel core quad extreme 3.0 ghz My motherboard is xfx nforce 680i sli which supports the intel core quad extreme. What do I need to do before I install? 74903