Windows 10: What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an...

Discus and support What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Basically, the internal flash 32 GB size is too small for Windows 10. It only has about 6 GB free. A much bigger SSD was added into it, so there are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ant Dude, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Ant Dude Win User

What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an...

Basically, the internal flash 32 GB size is too small for Windows 10. It
    only has about 6 GB free. A much bigger SSD was added into it, so there
    are two internal SSDs now. What's the best way to migrate everything
    over to this new bigger drive?

Thank you for reading, and I hope to get an answer soon. What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an... :)

:)

Ant Dude, Feb 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Install Files Turned 128 GB Flash Drive into Only 32 GB!

I used the Windows 10 upgrade to place the installation files onto my 128 GB Sandisk Cruzer Flash Drive.

I later just used the regular upgrade via downloading over the internet and my upgrade went fine.

I went back to my flash drive to delete the Windows 10 off of the flash drive only to discover that my 128 GB flash drive was now hosed down to only 32 GB of storage, even after formatting the drive!

Does anyone have any suggestions how I might restore the full storage of my flash drive back to 128 GB?

Thx, in advance,

Don

DonDoornbos, Feb 13, 2019
  3. 2 each 16 GB vs. 1 each 32 GB flash drive. Windows 10 OS

Have a failing Hard Drive. Will need a 32 GB flash drive to transfer the contents of the Hard Drive.

Question: Can I use my two 16 GB flash drives or must I purchase one 32 GB flash drive? Are you not suppose to switch

flash drives during the down load procedure?

Also, here on the forums am finding problems with failure to recognize a flash drive.

Do I need a 2.0 or 3.0 to down load my Windows 10 and other files?

Thank you for help provided by the community.

B L.

BarbaraLarnce, Feb 13, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an...

Windows 10 Upgrade on Intel 32 GB NUC

Hi Roger, you would be amazed how many users with 32GB of internal storage ask the exact same question . . .

Honestly, there is only one answer, backup your data and perform a clean install of the 32Bit version of Windows 10 - that will give you more internal storage space - I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but it is the only and best Answer. You
    will then have enough space for the next year of Windows 10 updates and your system will be faster . ..

Any device with a 32 GB SSD is not good enough to run Windows 10, regardless of the system specs put out by Microsoft.

I honestly don't know why the manufacturers produced these devices.

The Windows 10 folder with a couple of updates will very quickly eat up 20 - 25GB of your hard drive, mine is currently 23GB

You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything, however you will not have enough space to create the bootable Windows 10 media, you will need to do that on another working PC

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will
    have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

Make sure you install the same Edition of Windows 10 (Home, Pro . . . etc.) you previously had installed to avoid Activation issues

Click this link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

If you have problems booting from a boot disc, you may have UEFI BIOS:

Insert the Bootable Installation Media, then go into your BIOS and make the following changes:

1. Disable Secure Boot

2. Enable Legacy Boot

3. If Available enable CSM

4. If Required enable USB Boot

5. Move the device with the bootable disc to the top of the boot order

6. Save BIOS changes, restart your System and it should boot from the Installation Media

DaveM121, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

1. What's the best (and free) way to migrate an Intel NUC's 32 GB Windows 10 flash drive to an... - Similar Threads - What's best free

2. what is the best way to keep windows 11 fast and threat free??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what is the best way to keep windows 11 fast and threat free??: setting up a new computer. It is already slowing down. What added software combinations are required? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-keep-windows-11-fast-and/5f083039-e38e-4930-b7b7-90031cf29f8c
  3. migrating from a PC to an Intel NUC with same SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating from a PC to an Intel NUC with same SSD: Hi,My PC has an ASUS M/B with AMD CPU and thought the simplest way was to just place the SSD in the NUC. All seems to be OK but then the screen went blank - I guess M/B drivers may be conflicting with Intel's!!!I have done an ISO image to a NAS and understand that if I just...
  4. Migrate from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit ... what is best path?

Migrate from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit ... what is best path?: I have a Windows 10 capable laptop with 8GB RAM installed, and I wish to go from Windows 7 32-bit to Windows 10 64-bit. I recognize that there is no "upgrade" from a 32-bit OS to 64-bit, rather a clean system install would be required. However, since I have a mix of older but...
  5. What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?: I just got a NVMe drive and reinstalled Windows 10. I want to copy all my settings from my old drive which I was only using for a few months. Can I copy my entire user profile or something? Thanks for any ideas! submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  6. 32 GB flash drive to install windows 10

32 GB flash drive to install windows 10: I’m building a new pc and I need to install windows, what I don’t know is if I can use a 32gb flash drive (exFAT) or if I have to go lower. I looked it up and it was mixed answers for whatever reason. Please help I’m building my pc today or tomorrow submitted by...
  7. Best way to migrate install?

Best way to migrate install?: Helping my son upgrade his W10 PC. He's moving to an all-new system -- everything except for his SSD. His original system is at least 7 years old, so I'm sure it has a ton of outdated drivers and code from when he was still running W7. Few questions: First question is just...
  8. Windows 10 Upgrade on Intel 32 GB NUC

Windows 10 Upgrade on Intel 32 GB NUC: Cant upgrade due to space requirements for upgrade? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-upgrade-on-intel-32-gb-nuc/06cb7db7-2cad-4390-8c9b-11305a0e602a
  9. Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?

Best Flash Drive and GB's for installation after a clean install?: Hello Everyone, What flash drive do you recommend to get and the amount of GB's I would need to make a bootable flash drive for installing windows 10 or even making a backup image for that purpose? Thank you! 116210
  10. Intel NUC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel NUC: Hi guys i have a 6th generation i5 NUC with a 500gig Samsung 850 M.2 drive. The problem is that in the magician software it is telling me I am connected to a Sata II port not Sata III.... what gives? Any insight would be appreciated Regards Glen 65956