Windows 10: What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?

Discus and support What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; If we simply click on 'Empty Recycle Bin', the items are still recoverable of course so what's the best App to 'shred' them for best security? I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Taffy078, Apr 9, 2020.

1. Taffy078 Win User

What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?

If we simply click on 'Empty Recycle Bin', the items are still recoverable of course so what's the best App to 'shred' them for best security?
    I used to use CCleaner but some time ago most experts throughout the industry advised users to uninstall it; it was suggested that it had become bloated' and was causing issues following its acquisition by Avast. I've been recommended to buy 'Eraser' but some reviews that I've seen suggest it's not very good with Window 10.

What do you use?

By the way, I'm happy to pay for such an App.

I have Windows 10 v1909 build 18363.752

:)

Taffy078, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Jan Del Win User

recycle bin

Hi George,

To prevent your files from being deleted from the Recycle Bin, we suggest increasing the maximum file size your Recycle Bin can keep by following the steps below:

• Right click on the Recycle Bin icon.
    • Under the Settings for selected location, select Custom size.
    • Fill up the box for your allotted maximum file size for your Recycle Bin.
    Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Taffy087 Win User
    What Apps are best to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?

I'm sure we all know that if we simply click on 'Empty Recycle Bin', the items are still recoverable. What are the best Apps to 'shred' them for best security?

I used to use CCleaner but some time ago experts here advised us to uninstall it; it had been bought by Avast and ended up 'bloated' and causing issues.

I've been recommended to buy 'Eraser'. What do the experts here use, please?

PS I'm surprised that Microsoft hasn't bought one of these companies.

Taffy087, Apr 9, 2020
  4. What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?

Recycle bin not emptying

I asked in this forum because nothing was showing in the recycle bin yet Mcafee said it had shredded some items.

DavidwBray, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?

1. What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin? - Similar Threads - What's best App

2. Emptied recycle bin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emptied recycle bin: Hello,I tried speaking to online help but was proptly ignored. My files were all moved to the recycle bin thinking they were still on my hard drive and not just on OneDrive, and then the recycle bin was emptied yesterday. Obviously having seen what happened, and the mistake...
  3. Empty Recycle Bin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty Recycle Bin: I have recently had a new Hard Drive installe. Having re-installed my software and apps I have a list of 42 files in recycle bin that will not delete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/empty-recycle/6bacd00c-4699-478a-9de7-45cab25e6dd3
  4. What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the best App to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?: I had CCleaner but an MVP expert in the Microsoft Community forum strongly advised me to replace it, citing major problems following its takeover in July 2017 by Avast. He said that a few months later (September 2017?) CCleaner was compromised by hackers. Is CCleaner 'safe'...
  5. recycle bin empty

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recycle bin empty: I am running win 10 and my recycle bin is always empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/recycle-empty/d2651903-ae9d-4ed2-806a-e2a3adb4d751
  6. What Apps are best to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What Apps are best to 'shred' items when you empty the Recycle Bin?: I'm sure we all know that if we simply click on 'Empty Recycle Bin', the items are still recoverable. What are the best Apps to 'shred' them for best security? I used to use CCleaner but some time ago experts here advised us to uninstall it; it had been bought by Avast and...
  7. empty of recycle bin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    empty of recycle bin: hi everyone I tried to empty my recycle bin , but I couldn't recycle bin icon is off when I try to click it can you help me ��������...
  8. Recycle bin not emptying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recycle bin not emptying: Hi I have had my new laptop with windows 10 for 2 weeks. When I go in and empty the recycle bin not all the items are deleted. When I right click on the items and hit delete they still don't delete. Please help. Howelm...
  9. Recycle bin will not empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Recycle bin will not empty: I used a file synchronizer to get rid of a bunch of images and the program sent all the small files to the recycle bin. Anyway, there must be a thousand small file in my recycle bin that will not empty. The "empty recycle bin" begins the process by listing all the files, but...
  10. Empty Recycle Bin?

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Recycle Bin?: Hi, New here . Lots of questions, but for now....How do I empty the recycle bin. I found how to access "Recycle Bin" on desktop but when I click on it a long list comes up and I have to delete each one individually and even that does not remove them. Where is the old reliable...