Windows 10: What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?

Discus and support What's the Best Program to Check for Malware? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'd like to know what's the best program to check for malware on my PC? 110997 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by yahanna, May 25, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?

I'd like to know what's the best program to check for malware on my PC?

:)

yahanna, May 25, 2018

2. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 29, 2018
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 29, 2018
Thema:

What's the Best Program to Check for Malware?

1. What's the Best Program to Check for Malware? - Similar Threads - What's Best Program

2. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  3. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  4. What is the best Aero Glass program for win 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best Aero Glass program for win 10.: I just got startisback and im looking to complete my look. Is the one hosted on Glass8.eu safe? submitted by /u/Oversurge [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ky4ymn/what_is_the_best_aero_glass_program_for_win_10/
  5. What is the best program/app you have installed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best program/app you have installed?: Always interested in what people have found, and could be used by others. For me, the best ever program (which has got me out of many a foolish move) has got to be Macrium. The times I have done something very silly and major happens from time to time. Good old Macrium has...
  6. How to check for malware?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to check for malware?: I'm not sure if i should create a thread on this or post it in my already posting thread. But i think it should be own thread. Windows 10 pro. I only have windows defender and do the quick scan and full scan and the malicious file scan and thats all. I had connected my...
  7. Check Virus and Malwares

Check Virus and Malwares: From 2 or 3 days, I'm noticing that the performance of my pc is very low. I think that it is because of virus and malwares. So anyone tell me how I can clean virus and malwares from my pc....
  8. Are these programs malware?

Are these programs malware?: I installed an app which also installed a bunch of sketchy software, most of which I removed. However, there is one very suspicious program constantly running in the background, which seems to be opening Yahoo search every time I do a Google search (this stops when I close...
  9. What is the best anti-malware software?

What is the best anti-malware software?: What is the best anti-malware software? 89402
  10. Whats the best Torrent program?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Whats the best Torrent program?: I have been using bitlord, but I'm thinking of going to another torrent program. So which is the best? 26163