Windows 10: whats the best settings for power

Discus and support whats the best settings for power in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; best settings for power on and off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by ronaldmckinney, Mar 13, 2022.

1. whats the best settings for power

best settings for power on and off

:)

ronaldmckinney, Mar 13, 2022

2. POWER SETTINGS

Hi Gerald,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will help you with this issue.

Let us know few thing to analyze the issue.

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Are you able to wake the computer back from sleep?
    This issue might occur due to some corruption in the power settings.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Let’s run Power troubleshooter.

The power troubleshooter can automatically detect and fix any incorrect power settings. Refer to these steps to run this troubleshooter:

• Select settings in the drop down menu below search and type
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and select the view all option on the left pane.

• Click on Power troubleshooter and follow the prompts.
    If issue persist, I suggest you to try method 2.

Method 2: Create new Power Plan.

Please refer to “Can I create a power plan?” section of the link below:

Power plans: frequently asked questions

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/power-plans-faq#1TC=windows-8

Note: Steps for Windows 8 or 8.1 applies to
    Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, Mar 13, 2022
  3. Ryan Mon1 Win User
    Can't Change Power Settings

Thank you for the quick response. We will now move to the second phase of troubleshooting. We suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with your system's power settings. Here's how:

• In the search box, type troubleshooting, and then click
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

Method 2: Customize Power options.

If issue persists, the the following steps and check.

• In the search box, type Power options, and then click.
    • Click on choose when to turn off display from the left pane.
    • Click on Restore default settings for this plan.
    • Click on Change advance power settings.
    • Scroll down and expand Power buttons and lid.
    • Expand Power button actions.
    • Click on the Setting and set it to Shut down.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ryan Mon1, Mar 13, 2022
  4. Sasqui Win User

whats the best settings for power

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 13, 2022
Thema:

whats the best settings for power

1. whats the best settings for power - Similar Threads - whats best settings

2. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the best power settings?: I want my computer to download big files, but also turn it off my screen.Sleep mode stops the downloading! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-power-settings/3d28a964-babf-4eee-815e-7714c56db30a
  3. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's the best power settings?: I want my computer to download big files, but also turn it off my screen.Sleep mode stops the downloading! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-power-settings/3d28a964-babf-4eee-815e-7714c56db30a
  4. What's the best power settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. What's Best !

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's Best !: Hi again, just been looking at my "Default apps" and wondered if I have the best! Looks like my music is set to "Windows Music player", my videos set to open with "Films and tv" and photo viewer with "Photo" ! All recommended by Microsoft ! I have tried VLC over the years but...
  6. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    whats the best settings for power: best settings for power on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-settings-for-power/e5548e91-f089-45cb-a0c0-9a2e0d6de560
  7. whats the best settings for power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    whats the best settings for power: best settings for power on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-best-settings-for-power/e5548e91-f089-45cb-a0c0-9a2e0d6de560
  8. What are the best settings from my RAM?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What are the best settings from my RAM?: So a while ago I started having BSODs. I disabled any overclocking I did and just left my RAM at 3200Mhz by enabling DOCP and leaving everything as is. So no voltage changes, nothing.After many hours of troubleshooting, I finally decided to run Memtest86 which aborted the...
  9. What are the best download settings for my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What are the best download settings for my laptop: What are the best download settings for my laptop - Windows 10 downloads sometimes stall and I have to reset computer. Do I have a choice about how the download is done? Something that would stop the crashing?...
  10. Best power saving settings for screensaver?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best power saving settings for screensaver?: I'm a bit confused regarding the different types of power saving (screen turn off, sleep) available on Windows 10, and would be grateful if someone could suggest the best set-up for my situtation. I turn on my home PC every morning when I get up, and turn it off before I go...