Windows 10: Whats the best way to backup my files?

Discus and support Whats the best way to backup my files? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by FazzaGBR, Aug 30, 2015.

1. FazzaGBR Win User

Whats the best way to backup my files?

Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space.

What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can use?

:)

FazzaGBR, Aug 30, 2015

2. whats the best way to hard reset the n97?

there is no way to hard reset your phone yet in official ways. try code number 2 and see if it sorts out your issu e

1. *#7780# - Restore factory settings - resets all the settings to the default ( you will not lose any data)

Make sure you back up your data as you will lose all of it when you perform option 2 or 3 on this list. The default code for all operations listed here is 12345

2. *#7370# - Reformat your phone

3. This you perform as a last resort. Nothing else is working.If the phone is not showing any activity, proceed with hard formatting , turn off your phone, hold the following buttons while pressing the power button. (the default code is 12345)

hard reset - hold the following buttons *, 3 (number button) and talk/green key. turn on the phone and do not release those buttons until you see the Nokia boot up screen. once you feel the phone power up you can let go off the power button while still holding
    all three buttons ( for Nokia 5800XM - use the following buttons to do a hard reset, GREEN/RED/CAMERA keys pressed all at once on power up. this will only work on 5800's that have firmware version 20... and up. )

If these codes are not working the only thing for you to do is contact your Nokia Care Center/Service for assistance.

radical24---01, Aug 30, 2015
  3. whats the best way to hard reset the n97?

help

pipkinmark, Aug 30, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Aug 30, 2015
  5. Steve C Win User
    Second Macrium Reflect Free. It has useful backup scheduling features and you can mount the disk image to recover individual files.

Steve C, Aug 30, 2015
  6. I was wondering the same question myself, I usually just copy all my files to an external HDD but was looking for a more automated process rather than having to do it manually.

I tried the built in File History feature of Windows 10 but it's far from reliable, many files just do not get copied and after customising which folders I want backed up using the settings app if I launch file history using the control panel (instead of the settings app) it messes up my configuration by adding more unnecessary folders, even doubling up on some folders so that I get multiple backups!

So I'm looking for a better solution, might give Macrium Reflect a try.

RamboMcMutNutts, Aug 30, 2015
  7. Kanata Win User
    I use SyncBack SE. It's a step up from copying files and makes the whole process faster and efficient, especially with a lot of files to back up. It does cost a small amount of $ though. It works well in Win 10 and there's a trial option.

Kanata, Aug 30, 2015
  8. Whats the best way to backup my files?

Awesome thanks, I'll try that out, I have 1 1/2 TB of data that I back up so if this is useful I'll consider purchasing it.

Thanks *Biggrin

RamboMcMutNutts, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Whats the best way to backup my files? - Similar Threads - Whats best backup

2. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  3. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  4. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the best way to backup my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to backup my computer?: best way to make backup of whole system all programs, windows and etc and plz explain the following 1. File history2. Recovery driveif something happens like my boot drive fails then what to do*original title: backup...
  6. Best way to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Best way to backup: Hi, I recently had an issue where my hard drive corrupted and I lost everything. I didnt have a restore point or backup. Now I want to make sure that if this happens again, I have a backup. What is the best way to do this on a regular basis? Would I need a 3rd party...
  7. What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best way to backup OneDrive?: I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my laptops, but I have access to everything I need. That said, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of...
  8. What is the best way to backup Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way to backup Windows 10?: want to back up my information which would be the best option to perform this action correctly? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-backup-windows-10/8b1960d1-df2a-4468-a139-835916a4f707
  9. what is the best backup solution?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    what is the best backup solution?: I currently have about 10 hard drives of different sizes but they are mostly 4TB, they are used to store some videos. But no backup for any drives now, they are working fine though. However, the drives are getting old, ranged from 2 to 4 years. I am now doing some sorting...
  10. What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?: Hi -- I am looking for a good imaging program that will back up individual partitions in W10 -- including the boot partition. Preferably it's free but doesn't have to be. I had previously tried Aomei Backupper with W8.1 but just had a lot of problems restoring from image...