Windows 10: What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

Discus and support What's the best way to backup OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Drew Angell, May 28, 2020.

1. What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

I am liking OneDrive a lot, and I love the whole aspect of only downloading what I need to any device when I need it. Saves lots of storage on my laptops, but I have access to everything I need.

That said, I don't like the idea of OneDrive being the only place where all of my data is kept as a whole. I need a backup of this.

Right now I have a desktop computer that is setup with OneDrive where everything in OneDrive is set to "always keep on this device".

From there I can then mirror that drive, or do incremental backups of it, or whatever.

This seems to be doing what I want, but it's the only thing I'm using this powerful desktop machine for, which seems kind of silly.

Are there NAS devices or any other backup solutions that are designed specifically to work with OneDrive in a similar fashion to what I'm doing with my desktop computer?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Drew Angell, May 28, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 28, 2020
  3. kernrsn Win User
    W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, May 28, 2020
  4. RCoon Win User

What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

OneDrive - Bait and switch (but to what?)

Google Drive offers 17GB free, I see no discernible reason to bother with OneDrive's crippled storage capacity.

EDIT: For a painless transfer, I used microsoft's SyncToy to do a daily backup of DropBox/OneDrive items nightly at 4PM to a Google Drive folder. Once I had finished setting up my phone's automatic backup and had my work flow transferred, I just stopped the auto-backup script and uninstalled OneDrive/DropBox and carried on using Google Drive. Switching cloud storage service isn't remotely arduous.

RCoon, May 28, 2020
Thema:

What's the best way to backup OneDrive?

1. What's the best way to backup OneDrive? - Similar Threads - What's best backup

2. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  3. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Way To Backup Windows?: HiI have found in the past that the methods offered by Windows just don't work!Image: fine but the installation media can never find it and there is no search, so not an option.I have tried other backup software but whatever I tried had issues that led me to lose trust I...
  4. Best Way To Backup Windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the best way to backup my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to backup my computer?: best way to make backup of whole system all programs, windows and etc and plz explain the following 1. File history2. Recovery driveif something happens like my boot drive fails then what to do*original title: backup...
  6. Best way to backup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Best way to backup: Hi, I recently had an issue where my hard drive corrupted and I lost everything. I didnt have a restore point or backup. Now I want to make sure that if this happens again, I have a backup. What is the best way to do this on a regular basis? Would I need a 3rd party...
  7. What is the best way to backup Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way to backup Windows 10?: want to back up my information which would be the best option to perform this action correctly? Thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-backup-windows-10/8b1960d1-df2a-4468-a139-835916a4f707
  8. what is the best backup solution?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    what is the best backup solution?: I currently have about 10 hard drives of different sizes but they are mostly 4TB, they are used to store some videos. But no backup for any drives now, they are working fine though. However, the drives are getting old, ranged from 2 to 4 years. I am now doing some sorting...
  9. Whats the best way to backup my files?

Whats the best way to backup my files?: Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can...
  10. What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?

What's the best way to image W10 partitions for backup?: Hi -- I am looking for a good imaging program that will back up individual partitions in W10 -- including the boot partition. Preferably it's free but doesn't have to be. I had previously tried Aomei Backupper with W8.1 but just had a lot of problems restoring from image...