Windows 10: What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

Discus and support What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, I am wondering if anyone can link me to a webpage which shows the best way to clear the Google Chrome cache, and only the cache. I want to keep... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pepanee, Sep 7, 2019.

1. pepanee Win User

What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

Hello, I am wondering if anyone can link me to a webpage which shows the best way to clear the Google Chrome cache, and only the cache. I want to keep my search history & all other data.
    The reason why I want to try to clear up all the cache is because Google Chrome is starting to become a tiny bit slow when opening / going to certain pages that require a decent amount of memory / etc.

But please, I am aware of the general Google Chrome settings which shows what I want to clear and whatnot. I'm looking for a site that shows some really advanced ways to completely clear up the cache, yet keeping all my history and data saved.

Thanks; I appreciate it.

:)

pepanee, Sep 7, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 7, 2019
  3. Google chrome not working.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We will be glad to assist you with the issue you are experiencing with the computer. I understand the difficulty when things won’t work the way they should.

Just a few questions first, to get a clear picture of the issue.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • What is the error message displayed on the screen?

I would recommend that you uninstall Chrome and try again and make sure you are downloading Google Chrome from trusted website.

To uninstall google chrome follow the steps below:

• Press Win + X and open Control panel
    • Go to program and click program and feature.
      • Uninstall chrome

Hope this helps.

Please post back to us if you have any questions. We will be glad to provide you with the additional options.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 7, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Sep 7, 2019
Thema:

1. What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache - Similar Threads - What's Best Clear

2. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  3. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  4. How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?: Is there a way of setting Chrome to delete cached images and files on exit. There is a setting for cookies but I don't see one for cached images. 173353
  5. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. What is the best way to clear windows 10, 1803 cache.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to clear windows 10, 1803 cache.: Hello, I need to clear my laptop of cache because I am having trouble with some updates not loading or installing on my laptop and have found on the web that clearing them will help. Could someone please send me latest instructions on how to do this please and do I need to...
  9. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c
  10. Is there a way to a clear USB cache file?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to a clear USB cache file?: There was a great post in the SevenForums titled "General Fix for USB Driver Problems". I can follow all of the steps in that post on my Windows 10 machines except for deleting the INFCACHE.1 file. Is there the equivalent to the INFCACHE.1 file in Windows 10 that contains USB...