Windows 10: What's the best way to connect my micro system to my PC?

Discus and support What's the best way to connect my micro system to my PC? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My PC is running Windows 10 and apparently my PC has no bluetooth. My Pioneer micro system has bluetooth but of course I can't use it on my PC. It also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Calv44, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Calv44 Win User

What's the best way to connect my micro system to my PC?

My PC is running Windows 10 and apparently my PC has no bluetooth. My Pioneer micro system has bluetooth but of course I can't use it on my PC. It also has wi-fi though and both my PC and micro system are connected to my router (PC by ethernet and micro system by wi-fi). So I'd like to know the best way to connect them so that I can listen to any music on my PC through my micro system rather than my PC speakers.

My micro system hasn't got a line-in socket so I can't connect it to the line-out socket of my sound card, but even if I could I'd have to keep unplugging it when I don't want the sound going through my micro system.

My micro system has got a USB socket (although I haven't got a USB lead for it at the moment) but I don't know if that means I'd be able to just have the sound from my PC or even better just from a media player on my PC going to my micro system. As I understand it my PC would act as a media server instead and therefore I'd have to have any music I wanna play on my hard drive, which would be no good for playing internet radio or Spotify for example.

So basically bearing in mind my PC and micro system are on the same network I simply need a way to use my micro system as alternative speakers.

It's probably obvious but I can't think how to do it right now, so any help with this would be much appreciated.

By the way, my micro system has actually got Tune In and Spotify already but the CD player keeps making the micro system turn itself off when I'm playing a CD. I should send it back for a replacement but to be honest I can't be bothered with the hassle, so playing CDs in my PC's optical drive and having the sound go through my micro system is a reasonable alternative I think.

Thanks.

Darren

:)

Calv44, Oct 7, 2018

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 7, 2018
  3. RCoon Win User
    PC Build Steps

1.1 - Ideally put optical in SATA 0, and SSD in SATA 1, this will cause the optical drive to be the default 1st boot option. You can change it manually if not, but I like it this way
    2.infinity - yes, that's fine. if it's above 70 +/- 5 degrees, then it may just need a repaste/remount

RCoon, Oct 7, 2018
  4. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Naki, Oct 7, 2018
Thema:

1. What's the best way to connect my micro system to my PC? - Similar Threads - What's best connect

2. What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?: What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop which is running Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-transfer-my-iphone-photos/21e232f9-946f-42df-9056-ce211c4e466e
  3. What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop?: What is the best way to transfer my iPhone photos to my laptop which is running Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-best-way-to-transfer-my-iphone-photos/21e232f9-946f-42df-9056-ce211c4e466e
  4. What is the best way to backup my computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What is the best way to backup my computer?: best way to make backup of whole system all programs, windows and etc and plz explain the following 1. File history2. Recovery driveif something happens like my boot drive fails then what to do*original title: backup...
  5. Best way to clean my PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Best way to clean my PC: Hey, So in 2017 i got my gaming pc It has an i5-7600k 1070 ti 16gb ram and more, so its a good pc. When i got it, it ran beautifully.. I could boot in 7 seconds.... But over time, especially now. Its really slow, it has troubles loading chrome etc I know it's not my...
  6. What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is the best way to add 'tags' to videos on my PC?: I tried to just put them in the video title but i run out of room. Is there a way to do this? submitted by /u/FinancialJello4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g8w1th/what_is_the_best_way_to_add_tags_to_videos_on_my/
  7. What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?: Hi, I've always used Driver Booster by Iobit to update my drivers, but sometimes it installs the wrong drivers (especially in regards to Realtek Audio drivers). Windows Update also doesn't do a very good job of finding missing drivers or updating old ones. And also my...
  8. What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the best way/software to get the latest drivers for my PC?: Hi, I've always used Driver Booster by Iobit to update my drivers, but sometimes it installs the wrong drivers (especially in regards to Realtek Audio drivers). Windows Update also doesn't do a very good job of finding missing drivers or updating old ones. And also my...
  9. What's the best way to connect my micro system to my PC?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What's the best way to connect my micro system to my PC?: My PC is running Windows 10 and apparently my PC has no bluetooth. My Pioneer micro system has bluetooth but of course I can't use it on my PC. It also has wi-fi though and both my PC and micro system are connected to my router (PC by ethernet and micro system by wi-fi). So...
  10. Whats the best way to backup my files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Whats the best way to backup my files?: Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can...