Windows 10: What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop?

Discus and support What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've just bought a Lenovo Legion Y520 & have used speccy to get system info. There is another source of info that I've used** - it's digs very deep eg... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Taffy078, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Taffy078 Win User

What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop?

I've just bought a Lenovo Legion Y520 & have used speccy to get system info.

There is another source of info that I've used** - it's digs very deep eg it lists WUs installed/missing and is really is many pages long

Does anyone know the name of it please?

**PS I have the name on my other laptop; but that's unusable at the moment courtesy of a Microsoft Community Directly so-called expert who trashed it with bad advice on a system restore in safe mode. I've got details on what I should do & will see to it soon.

:)

Taffy078, Aug 25, 2019

2. System Specs minor revisions and suggestions

Change: Hard Disk(s) to Storage Device(s)
    Change: LCD/CRT Model: to Display Device(s):
    add an Audio Device(s) = for headsets and speaker set ups.

and as others have suggested before: The option to list more than one system spec

lyndonguitar, Aug 25, 2019
  3. pekellyco Win User
    System Specs Updated

Per your request, I have updated my System Specs.
    I hope this helps.
    Paul Kelly

The first thing that I might suggest is this website - click here: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    We need a lot more information from you before we can provide answers.

On the left hand bottom side of your post (under the flags), maybe you would fill in "System Specs" the best that you can.
    Not everything on the list is important.

At your age, you are not too old to learn.

Thank you.[/QUOTE]

pekellyco, Aug 25, 2019
  4. What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop?

System Specs Updated

pekellyco

The first thing that I might suggest is this website - click here: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    We need a lot more information from you before we can provide answers.

On the left hand bottom side of your post (under the flags), maybe you would fill in "System Specs" the best that you can.
    Not everything on the list is important.

At your age, you are not too old to learn.

Thank you.

BellaDonna, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop?

1. What's the best way to get the system spec for a new laptop? - Similar Threads - What's best system

2. What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What's the Best Way to Reinstall W10 on a dual-boot system?: Hi Your advice please: I currently have a dual-boot system, and its HDD has 2 partitions, which are: GUIP/GPT one for W7 & the other for W10.The HDD is running hot, so I've decided to replace the W10 OS and put it onto a new SSD.And for now, I’ll leave W7 on the HDD, but I...
  3. What are your system specs?

in Windows 10 Support
    What are your system specs?: I know I know... All you have to do is hit My System Specs. That's great but what I would like to do is put all that information together in one post. I know one of my nutty ideas and yes... Just trying to have fun! It's not all problem solving. Yes, it is... But that's...
  4. What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?: I just got a NVMe drive and reinstalled Windows 10. I want to copy all my settings from my old drive which I was only using for a few months. Can I copy my entire user profile or something? Thanks for any ideas! submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  5. Best way to fix BSOD on new laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to fix BSOD on new laptop.: A laptop I bought recently has decided to BSOD on occassion. Scans and DISM have done nothing and drivers are updated. Error is a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED and it happens at random. submitted by /u/Elite_wildwolf [link] [comments]...
  6. Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system

Best way to migrate content and settings to a new system: I've searched for a solution with little luck. We have an older PC on which my daughter has an account, content and preferences. I'm passing on my system and plan to install Windows 10 clean, then want to migrate her account to the computer. I've found some paid solutions,...
  7. Add a new child account - what's the best way?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a new child account - what's the best way?: We already have a family setup. Myself as head of household for the PC (admin), my wife as adult standard account and our son as a child account. We can all login without drama to the Windows 10 machine. However, now we want to give our second child an email address and a...
  8. what the best way to move SSD from broken Laptop to a new one

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    what the best way to move SSD from broken Laptop to a new one: Scenario: I am business traveling, and my laptop died (SSD is OK, I think). My possible resources are very poor (Greek island). So I don't see a chance for mirroring, etc. HDs here. So I have to buy a new laptop - windows 10 pre installed. I have (hopefully) all...
  9. What is the "best" way to stand up a new HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the "best" way to stand up a new HDD: I am having various issues/and Event errors that I'm trying to clean up. They include BITS and Perflib errors and Malwarebytes is not automatically or manually updating, requiring me to reinstall about every other day. The biggest issue is that, when I log out, the system...
  10. What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?

What is Best Way to Keep Old Boot Drive for New Laptop?: I just bought a new laptop still in factory box, it comes with a 1TB 5400 HDD. However, my current laptop has a 1TB SSHD. Both drives have Windows 10 installed. What is the best way to make the SSHD the boot drive in the new laptop? 1) I assume it would not be a good idea...