Windows 10: what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10?

Discus and support what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10? I have a pretty large amount of photos and music and files. Plus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by McMalcolm, Dec 25, 2019.

1. McMalcolm Win User

what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10?

Hi, what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10? I have a pretty large amount of photos and music and files. Plus outlook. Not sure how to migrate any settings if possible. Thanks.

Also, should I wait to start up outlook on my new PC for the first time until I am ready to migrate?

:)

McMalcolm, Dec 25, 2019

2. Just bought new computer with WIN 10. Old computer WIN 7. How can I migrate the data and programs from old to new?

* Original Title: migrate programs and data

Just bought new computer w/ WIN 10. Old computer WIN 7. How can I migrate the data and programs from old to new?

GeneRozewski, Dec 25, 2019
  3. New Win 10 PC

How do I migrate my files/data from my old XP PC to my new Win 10 PC?

Dave Ladbrook, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Joe_758 Win User

Should I convert to a Win 7 64 bit system then migrate to Win 10?

I'm having trouble deciding whether to reserve a copy of Win 10 or not. I'm still using a laptop I got in 2004 and migrated to Win 7 home premium 32 bit. I do occasional gaming, the mention of Direct X 12 to get a faster frame rate was of interest since
    the GPU is an Intel 965 express chipset. a few years ago I was considering going to Win 8, ran the advisor and found out I would not be able to go with a Win 8 64 bit system. Out of curiosity I ran the Win 7 advisor, which showed I can use the Win 7 64 bit
    system. My installation disk has both 32 and 64 bit versions. The interest in using the 64 bit version goes back to memory use for gaming.

I haven't done a reservation yet, so I can convert from a 32 bit to 64 bit system, then reserve win 10 so I can get the win10 64 bit version. Two questions are:

Would the Win 10 64 bit system run into problems that the Win 8 advisor indicated or no problems that the Win 7 advisor indicated?

Would going from 32 bit to 64 bit cause any problems for my software?

Would Direct X 12 offer a significant performance gain for the Intel 965 express chipset to warrant going with Win 10. I'm currently getting 7-12 frames per second. The current windows experience index is 3.5, the GPU was responsible for keeping it this
    low.

I use Office 2007. Is Office 2007 compatible in Win 10 or will it have a compatibility issue like I experienced with Office XP when I migrated to Win 7?

Going from Win 7 to Win 10, will there be any loss of privacy? And with the mandatory updates, will I be forced to upgrade to the next system or will Win 10 continue to operate. I had problems when Visa and Win 7 would hang when I would attempt update; and
    the attitude of support that they were doing me a favor for non supported operating systems when they were still releasing updates, with a couple of support "Einsteins" suggesting reformatting the hard drive regardless of it taking me a month of reinstallation
    of applications. I'm cautious with companies like Microsoft, some 3rd party software require a windows system otherwise I would have went back to Linux or Apple 3 years ago.

Joe_758, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

1. what's the best way to migrate data from my old win 7 64 PC to new win 10? - Similar Threads - what's best migrate

2. Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11: I have searched but cannot spot an answer to the same situation as mine. Sorry if I missed one :- Anyhow - Here it is. I have a new desktop PC running Windows 11. My old desktop was windows 10 with a 500Gb system disk and a 2Tb data disk. I have thought about how best to...
  3. Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Migrating an entire data disk from Win 10 to Win 11: I have searched but cannot spot an answer to the same situation as mine. Sorry if I missed one :- Anyhow - Here it is. I have a new desktop PC running Windows 11. My old desktop was windows 10 with a 500Gb system disk and a 2Tb data disk. I have thought about how best to...
  4. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  5. BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10

BEST WAY to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10: best way to upgrade from Win 8.1 to Win 10 /11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/best-way-to-upgrade-from-win-81-to-win-10/f302bff3-e408-4421-83b7-3833b7d7ab06
  6. WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?

WHATS THE BEST WAY TO WIPE OUT MY DATA FROM MY OLD LAPTOP?: WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN USING A DRIVE EARASER SOFTWARE, DELETE DATA MANUALLY FROM HARD-DRIVE, OR DELETING DATA THROUGH RE-INSTALLATING WINDOWS?...
  7. What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the best way to migrate to a new HD?: I just got a NVMe drive and reinstalled Windows 10. I want to copy all my settings from my old drive which I was only using for a few months. Can I copy my entire user profile or something? Thanks for any ideas! submitted by /u/zWeApOnz [link] [comments]...
  8. user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    user profiles move from old win 7 pc to new win 10 pc: how do I move user profiles from old windows 7 computer to new windows 10 computer? Its been 10 years since I last upgraded the computers. The transfer process was built in then, why not now?...
  9. Migration from Win 7 to Win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Migration from Win 7 to Win 10: I get message saying " Undoing changes made to your computer" when I do the migration Actually it appears at the last part of the process on black screen... By the way, I use boot from flash drive where win10 image stored in. Plus, I migrated many computers in my...
  10. Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Whats the best way to install WIn 10 on a new PC?: I was looking around and it seems very confused. Because it's a new PC it needs the cheaper OEM software, but this seems to be only supplied on disc. Rather odd considering many builds don't even have a disc player now. I see I can just download the source to create an...