Windows 10: What’s the best way to transfer settings and files from a MacBook Pro (running OSX El...

Discus and support What’s the best way to transfer settings and files from a MacBook Pro (running OSX El... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I was just given a Dell laptop Running Win 10 and would like to transfer my personal files (music, documents, photos, videos, etc) from my old MacBook... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MichaelLechner1, Dec 8, 2018.

1. What’s the best way to transfer settings and files from a MacBook Pro (running OSX El...

I was just given a Dell laptop Running Win 10 and would like to transfer my personal files (music, documents, photos, videos, etc) from my old MacBook Pro to the Dell here with few hitches..both are on the same network via WIFI.

:)

MichaelLechner1, Dec 8, 2018

2. Installed Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro (2009) the Mac OSX partition was lost

Old title: Windows 10 on Macbook Pro (2009)

I have Macbook Pro (2009) with two partitions: Windows 10 Pro + El-Capitain OSX.

When I first I installed Windows 10 on my Macbook Pro (2009) the Mac OSX partition was lost and I have to restore the partition

from my backup external disk. Then, everything was back to normal and both partitions (Win and OSX) worked fine.

The problem now, with each major update / upgrade the problem is occurred again.

AmmarAnswers, Dec 8, 2018
  3. James Win User
    Is it possible to have BitLocker and FileVault on the same MacBoock Pro with Mac OS X Yosemite or El Capitan and Windows 10?

My Macbook Pro 13 inch with retina early 2015 model is configured for both filevault 2 and Windows 10 enterprise with bitlocker enabled.

I did a lot of reading and found a couple of guides, one was the one you listed. I think from memory it missed a step needed in El Cap about new security to allow the partition to be created.

I had to boot into osx recovery and run csrutil disable to allow the partition software to run correctly

James, Dec 8, 2018
  4. What’s the best way to transfer settings and files from a MacBook Pro (running OSX El...

Transfer files from Macbook to Windows 10

Hi all,

I've recently bought a laptop with Windows 10. Now I want to transfer the files (documents, photos & music) from my old Macbook, still running on Snowleopard. I do use a time machine backup, however I believe this is only suitable for macbook to macbook.

Any tips on what the best way to transfer files is?

Thanks!

Sailaway107, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

What’s the best way to transfer settings and files from a MacBook Pro (running OSX El...

1. What’s the best way to transfer settings and files from a MacBook Pro (running OSX El... - Similar Threads - What’s best transfer

2. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  3. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best way to transfer OS to SSD?: I am running out of hard drive space due to installing too many games from various giveaways over the last two years.I went to install a second hard drive, only to find that there is no bay for a second conventional hard drive and no place to put/mount the second drive even...
  4. Best way to transfer OS to SSD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Word running on OSx

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Word running on OSx: Hello, Is it possible to purchase the Word program iwithout the Windows OS. I would like to run Word using the Apple OSx CrossOver version of the Windows routines! Thank you very much. Walt Burkhard...
  6. Best way to transfer data/settings from old laptop to new laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best way to transfer data/settings from old laptop to new laptop?: About a month ago I bought a laptop and since then I've found the same laptop with better specs. I bought the upgraded laptop and I'm going to return the old one. What's the best/easiest way to transfer all my data and settings from the old machine to the new one? submitted...
  7. Best way to transfer files and program data from one desktop to a laptop?

Best way to transfer files and program data from one desktop to a laptop?: My laptop (Lenovo ThinkPad) has been my work computer while I’m at college, but since covid broke out, my laptop’s battery failed and I’ve had to transition to using my desktop as my work computer. When I go back to school in the fall, I’ll be taking both my desktop and my...
  8. Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?

Best way to share files from Windows to a MacBook?: Hi guys, I'd like to make a shared folder on my windows laptop and a shared folder macbook so I can share files between each. Is there a good method or tutorial you'd suggest for setting this up? submitted by /u/wozmatic [link] [comments]...
  9. Whats the best way to backup my files?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Whats the best way to backup my files?: Along with my nice new shiny laptop with Windows 10 on it, I have a Western Digital My Passport Ultra drive with 2TB of space. What is the best way to backup all my files - should I use the WD Backup software or does Windows 10 have a backup solution built in that I can...
  10. Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best way to transfer settings and contacts to new w10 laptop: Haven't done this in a while, and would greatly appreciate any info on how to transfer my old Windows 7 preferences, contacts and settings to a new W10 laptop. The new laptop has a 256GB SSD and a 1TB HDD I think the data files can be copied from the old drive to the new...