Windows 10: What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting?

Discus and support What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I remember using command prompt to overwrite OBS Studio which prevents the lock screen from starting, but I can't find the command anywhere online.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by AntonLindell, May 7, 2021.

1. What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting?

I remember using command prompt to overwrite OBS Studio which prevents the lock screen from starting, but I can't find the command anywhere online. Does anyone know the command?

:)

AntonLindell, May 7, 2021

2. Lock Screen Image Issue

Hi Kirby,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.

I would suggest you to set the default pictures as the Lock Screen picture from the PC and check if it works or not.

Follow the steps below:

• In start type "settings" and press enter.
    • Select Personalize
    • From the left click on "Lock screen"
    • Select the default picture and conform by preview.
    Please do get back to us to assist you better with issue you are facing.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, May 7, 2021
  3. Lock vs Login screen screenshot

You can use your own image of any background and just go to settings/personalize/lock screen and click on browse as in the image below. It should make whatever picture you use as the Lock Screen

What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting? [​IMG]

Josey Wales, May 7, 2021
  4. What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting?

Changing lock screen photos

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Personalization.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Lock screen.
    • In the right pane, select Pictures from the drop down list under
      Background.
    • Select the picture from the list or click on Browse to select your saved images and set as lock screen image.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 7, 2021
Thema:

What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting?

1. What's the command used to overwrite a program preventing the lock screen from starting? - Similar Threads - What's command used

2. some apps prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  3. some apps prevent screen from locking

some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  4. Some apps prevent screen from locking

Some apps prevent screen from locking: I use secpol to make my computer lock after 180 seconds. But ive noticed that if some apps are open (such as bluestacks or a youtube video) then the computer does not lock. what apps do this and how do i stop this from happening? submitted by /u/star-dash-438 [link]...
  5. Prevent Windows Overwriting Hosts File

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent Windows Overwriting Hosts File: I've been editing my Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file for years to facilitate my work. As of a couple of days ago Windows has started overwriting this file with a clean version every time I boot up. I have tried making the file read-only and denying write permissions...
  6. Prevent starting program from moving to foreground

Prevent starting program from moving to foreground: Hey there, is there a way to prevent an opening program from moving to the foreground and to keep it staying in the background until I choose to work with it? For example, usually after boot up I open Chrome and Steam. Obviously, Steam is gonna take a little longer to open...
  7. Prevent Windows from overwriting other OS's bootloader

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Prevent Windows from overwriting other OS's bootloader: Hi! Just as the title suggests, I'd like to prevent Windows from overwriting the bootloader. Currently I have several operating systems (none of them being Windows) in my computer and all of them are managed by a single bootloader which installed on the SSD, but I'd like to...
  8. Unable to prevent screen from locking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to prevent screen from locking: I have tried different things on this Windows 10 but cannot do away with this feature that locks my screen every time I walk away from it (after how long I am unsure but only a matter of minutes). It is annoying to have to keep logging in. I am placing this in the...
  9. How to Use Cipher Command to Overwrite Deleted Data in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    How to Use Cipher Command to Overwrite Deleted Data in Windows: How to: How to Use Cipher Command to Overwrite Deleted Data in Windows The Cipher.exe command-line tool can be use to encrypt and decrypt data on drives that use the NTFS file system and to view the encryption status of files and folders from a Command Prompt. Cipher.exe...
  10. How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Prevent Logging in From Lock Screen: I've been able to bypass login on startup but I still need to log in from the Lock Screen. Any way to prevent this? James 18622