Windows 10: What's the "date" timestamp in Windows 10 file explorer?

Discus and support What's the "date" timestamp in Windows 10 file explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out timestamping in Windows. The only one I cannot figure out is "date", is this "date created", "date modified"? It's sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antonio3535, Oct 7, 2019.

1. What's the "date" timestamp in Windows 10 file explorer?

I'm trying to figure out timestamping in Windows. The only one I cannot figure out is "date", is this "date created", "date modified"? It's sometimes one or the other by what I can see.

Thanks in advance *Smile

:)

antonio3535, Oct 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    File Explorer Date Created and Modified not always correct

Hi,

The File Explorer may have encountered a system conflict that caused this issue. For us to start with initial troubleshooting, we'd like to know more information, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have?
    • In File Explorer, what does it indicate in the Date column? Does it show Date Modified or Date Created? (right click the Date Modified section at the top, which are the ones that has a checkmark?)
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Kindly get back to us for further assistance.

Xylee Del, Oct 7, 2019
  4. What's the "date" timestamp in Windows 10 file explorer?

Windows 10 timestamps

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the queries, mentioned below:

• Were you able to install Windows 10 successfully?

• Did you check, if it is present in Windows.old folder?

• Where exactly are you trying to check, if the TimeStamps are present?
    I would suggest you to follow these steps below to retrieve files manually from Windows.old folder and check, if it helps.

• Enter This PC in the search box, and then click on
      This PC in the search results.
    • Double-tap or double-click the drive that Windows is installed on (typically, the C: drive).
    • Double-tap or double-click the Windows.old folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click the Users folder.
    • Double-tap or double-click your user
      name.
    • Open the Windows.old folder that contain the files you want to retrieve.
    • Copy and paste the files that you want from
      Windows.old
      folder to a folder in Windows 10.
    • Repeat steps 5-7 for each user account on your PC.

Please feel free to contact us if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

What's the "date" timestamp in Windows 10 file explorer?

1. What's the "date" timestamp in Windows 10 file explorer? - Similar Threads - What's date timestamp

2. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  3. Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect "Date Created dates" in File Explorer.: Regarding "Date Created dates". I took about 800 photographs in June 2023 using both a Panasonic camera and a Samsung S6 phone. On sorting through these photographs recently, I found that the "Date Created" date had changed on over half these photographs.. This is occurring...
  4. Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10: I noticed that Quick access is showing the wrong "date modified" timestamps, as you can see in this picture:when I right-click the file > Properties, date modified shows the correct timestamp.Why does Quick Access show the wrong timestamp? "25/02/2022"...it should be...
  5. Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10: I noticed that Quick access is showing the wrong "date modified" timestamps, as you can see in this picture:when I right-click the file > Properties, date modified shows the correct timestamp.Why does Quick Access show the wrong timestamp? "25/02/2022"...it should be...
  6. Quick Access in File Explorer shows wrong timestamps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?

Can preserve date created & date modified date and timestamp?: How can I preserve the date created & date modified date & timestamps when copying/moving between laptop and onedrive? I have tried to use softwares like vice versa pro below but it doesn't work. Are there other software solutions that can solve this problem or is there a way...
  8. Why is Windows File Explorer displaying wrong timestamp for some files

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is Windows File Explorer displaying wrong timestamp for some files: Please have a look at the screenshot. Windows File Explorer is displaying datetime stamp of 11/06/2020 6:33 pm, however if I right click on the file it displays a different Creation time. This has only happened to 4 files out of about 40. The rest of the files are showing the...
  9. File Explorer: Date

File Explorer: Date: In File Explorer what does Date mean in comparison to Date Modified or Date Created? What date information does it provide? It is the default date format listed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-date/4614f159-9281-43d2-a1ea-3669f9a9abc0
  10. File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Date column - whiich date is it?: The column heading in Win 10 File Explorer is 'Date'. But which one? I've always been used in XP to the default being 'Date modified', but it seems that here it's Date created? Several re-saves have left 'Date' unchanged. [img] -- Terry, East Grinstead, UK 71495