Windows 10: What's the deal with these banker box looking things on my desktop icons?

Discus and support What's the deal with these banker box looking things on my desktop icons? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cabindory [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqlrq3/whats_the_deal_with_these_banker_box_looking/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cabindory, Jul 13, 2020.

1. What's the deal with these banker box looking things on my desktop icons?

/u/cabindory, Jul 13, 2020

2. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Jul 13, 2020
  4. What's the deal with these banker box looking things on my desktop icons?

How do i rid of the grey box in the top left of my desktop?

Hi,

It's odd for a random grey box to show up on your desktop after the last update occurred on your computer. It could also be a software installed on your computer that's causing for it to appear. However, let us not assume anything yet until we isolated your
    concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Did you start noticing the grey box after or prior the latest update?
    • What were the updates that have been installed on your computer?
    • Have you installed any software prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried to resolve your concern?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the grey box?

In the meantime, we suggest that you create a new user profile and see if the issue persists on it. Here is the
    article on how to create a one.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

What's the deal with these banker box looking things on my desktop icons?

1. What's the deal with these banker box looking things on my desktop icons? - Similar Threads - What's deal banker

2. desktop icons look weird'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop icons look weird': Why do my desktop icons look smaller and boxed with white lines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-look-weird/7ec70894-b930-49fe-8668-f577fce18042
  3. desktop icons look weird'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop icons look weird': Why do my desktop icons look smaller and boxed with white lines? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-look-weird/7ec70894-b930-49fe-8668-f577fce18042
  4. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  5. What is the deal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the deal: I have 2 questions...I have a gigabyte aero d mother board which has 5x16 top and 5x16 middle and 4x16 third. Ever since I installed the newest dev build I get a warning about the pci aqisition and somthing driver as wellit wont allow.me.to install.my gigbyte chipset eigher...
  6. Fresh install, what's this command prompt looking thing on desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fresh install, what's this command prompt looking thing on desktop?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/acwhoo [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m5g0dc/fresh_install_whats_this_command_prompt_looking/
  7. What’s the big deal about that thunder spy thing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the big deal about that thunder spy thing: How does it work and should I worry? And does the hack happen online? or does the hacker need physical access to the computer submitted by /u/double-a-official [link] [comments]...
  8. checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?

in Windows 10 Customization
    checkmark box on desktop icons - what is it for?: I have noticed a checkmark box on my desktop icons - usually with a checkmark in it. What is this for??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/checkmark-box-on-desktop-icons-what-is-it-for/674a8c57-6897-45d4-9b3d-5f53dfb9c51f
  9. What's the deal?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's the deal?: [img] [img] In Nvidia Control Panel I appear to be running drive 353.30, but according to the uninstall list I still have 347.88. So what's the deal? Am I running 353.30 or 347.88? Make up your mind Windows 10! *Confused 8081
  10. What's Deal With Win10 Refresh Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    What's Deal With Win10 Refresh Icons: Amongst a bunch of things that REALLY bug me about ver. 10 is it took an HOUR or more (No exaggeration) for the icons in Explorer to show up. Now, I can't get the icons in Cntrl Panel. WTH IS THE PROBLEM with this OS?*Mad*Mad*Mad 48969