Windows 10: What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

Discus and support What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi My query is really quite simple. I'm trying to tidy up my Microsoft account but I notice there is a device just marked as PC - no mobo type or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TraceyW, Jul 4, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

Hi

My query is really quite simple. I'm trying to tidy up my Microsoft account but I notice there is a device just marked as PC - no mobo type or number or anything else to identify it. So far I've not been able to find out what this may be. The only thing I can think of is that it is either a PC with a long redundant mobo or its an old portable I use from time to time which has XP on it. My question therefore is: is there any easy way of finding just what this device may be? Any help most appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey Woodmason

:)

TraceyW, Jul 4, 2019
  2. NickTh Win User

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    MS Acct vs Local acct

You said exactly this, the last sentence of your post I quoted:

And I still say no, it's exactly the opposite: you can never make a local account as safe as an MS Account. You need to be more careful with a local account which cannot be secured with two step verification.

Kari, Jul 4, 2019
  4. What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

1. What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct? - Similar Threads - What's device marked

2. Exclamation mark beside bluetooth devices will see the name of this pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exclamation mark beside bluetooth devices will see the name of this pc: Exclamation mark beside Bluetooth devices will see the name of this pc. since the pc is not discoverable I cannot connect any Bluetooth device ex my bluetooth headphone troubleshooting my end : 1) removed drivers through device manager restarted - no luck. 2) when I...
  3. MS Updates crashed my PC.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Updates crashed my PC.: I was recently promted to download and install Important MS updates. I took a few hours to down load the data and then more time to install them. My computer was working perfectly until I reboted. Now i can access anything on my PC. When I try to restore it the PC jsut goes...
  4. How to reactivate with no MS Acct

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate with no MS Acct: Hi Some weeks ago I placed a post on this forum about my husband's PC and unfortunately I did not respond to the two messages that were left. However, now my husband's PC has well and truly died in that the mobo appears to have given up the ghost since doesn't even get to...
  5. Can I access getting back a device I accidentally deleted from my MS acct?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I access getting back a device I accidentally deleted from my MS acct?: I accidentally deleted one of my laptops in my Microsoft Account. Is the information available for a limited time to restore this laptop back into my account?...
  6. Adding devices to my MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding devices to my MS Account: I subscribed to Office on one pc; how can I add another pc on the same account? The only selection is add a Local Account, which was denied....
  7. Transform/ or Transfer my USER acct to This PC.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Transform/ or Transfer my USER acct to This PC.: I have been contending with this issue for as long as I have had Windows 10. It has become a real annoyance in 2 years. Windows has always had ridiculously long paths to user accounts. I am the ONLY one who uses this computer, to the point where I do not even use a password...
  8. What's going on with my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's going on with my PC?: Salutations, Ya'll might of noticed that I'm new here, so I apologize in advance if this is an inappropriate place to post my question. Anyways, three days ago my computer had been acting erratic. Programs, that I would normally have no problem running, would crash, hang,...
  9. What is waking my PC?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is waking my PC?: I've tried everything here. All my keyboard/mouse devices have "Allow this device to wake the computer" unchecked. Wake timers are disabled. Automatic Maintenance is disabled. Despite all this, my PC still consistently wakes up in the middle of the night around 2-5 AM....
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...