Windows 10: What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

Discus and support What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi My query is really quite simple. I'm trying to tidy up my Microsoft account but I notice there is a device just marked as PC - no mobo type or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by TraceyW, Jul 4, 2019.

1. TraceyW Win User

What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

Hi

My query is really quite simple. I'm trying to tidy up my Microsoft account but I notice there is a device just marked as PC - no mobo type or number or anything else to identify it. So far I've not been able to find out what this may be. The only thing I can think of is that it is either a PC with a long redundant mobo or its an old portable I use from time to time which has XP on it. My question therefore is: is there any easy way of finding just what this device may be? Any help most appreciated. Thanks.

Tracey Woodmason

:)

TraceyW, Jul 4, 2019
  2. NickTh Win User

MS Acct vs Local acct

I think you can take extra mesurments like two-step authentication, but as you said, using an MS Acct needs you to be more carefull than a local one.

NickTh, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Kari Win User
    MS Acct vs Local acct

You said exactly this, the last sentence of your post I quoted:

And I still say no, it's exactly the opposite: you can never make a local account as safe as an MS Account. You need to be more careful with a local account which cannot be secured with two step verification.

Kari, Jul 4, 2019
  4. What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

2 computers same acct...please help

Hi, I have 2 computers in my home. Both computers have the the user name and password when logging in. Also when I go to my Microsoft acct. both are listed under devices. I would like to have it so both devices have there own log in. If I delete the other computer listed in my acct. would this solve the problem? Also, would I be able to log into the other computer since it was deleted and how would I then create a new username and password? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you!!

woodward2000, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct?

1. What's the device marked PC in my MS Acct? - Similar Threads - What's device marked

2. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT: HOW CAN i ADD MY DELL 9020 PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-pc-to-my-microsoft-acct/d4899065-411b-4e34-9ac5-fab765a9a8a0
  3. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT: HOW CAN i ADD MY DELL 9020 PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-pc-to-my-microsoft-acct/d4899065-411b-4e34-9ac5-fab765a9a8a0
  4. ADDING A PC TO MY MICROSOFT ACCT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS teams acct setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS teams acct setup: My company advises us to create microsoft account that will be connected in the ms teams within their org. Why can't I connect to the company org account? I tried signing out my previous teams account which is a school acct but everytime I open their link it just...
  6. MS teams acct setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS teams acct setup: My company advises us to create microsoft account that will be connected in the ms teams within their org. Why can't I connect to the company org account? I tried signing out my previous teams account which is a school acct but everytime I open their link it just...
  7. Adding new PC to ms acct

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adding new PC to ms acct: So i want to add my ms acct to my new pc. but it is not there. I am signed into ms acct. When I go to the MS store it shows my xbox, another pc and my phone. I already have it repaired/up to date....
  8. Can't sign in to Windows 10 PC MS acct is ok

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in to Windows 10 PC MS acct is ok: I can't sign in to Windows 10 PC. It says "That password is incorrect. Make sure you are using the password for your Microsoft account..... you can reset it from the lock screen." I do reset it by text code to no avail. I believe the problem is that I used a restore point...
  9. How to reactivate with no MS Acct

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to reactivate with no MS Acct: Hi Some weeks ago I placed a post on this forum about my husband's PC and unfortunately I did not respond to the two messages that were left. However, now my husband's PC has well and truly died in that the mobo appears to have given up the ghost since doesn't even get to...
  10. MS Acct vs Local acct

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Acct vs Local acct: I see posts referencing local account and can't wrap my head around why users are opting for a local acct. *Huh I have several machines running on a home network, all with an MS account, and all log in without a password. What's not to like *Huh Why is a local...