Windows 10: What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?

Discus and support What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Whats the difference between Microsoft Security (Windows Defender) / Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) and Microsoft Safety Scanner? Ive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by antonio3535, Nov 26, 2020.

1. What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?

Whats the difference between Microsoft Security (Windows Defender) / Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) and Microsoft Safety Scanner?

Ive been looking at the Microsoft articles on these tools and some posts I googled. Im still confused about when I should use these in real case scenarios (for a computer repair technician).

I've read a old post you have here on this subject but doesn't really say much.

Id love to hear opinions on when to use these tools. My assumption was that Windows Defender was enough.

Any advice much welcome

:)

antonio3535, Nov 26, 2020
  2. kado897 Win User

KB4549951 CU Win 10 v1903 build 18362.778 and v1909 build 18363.778 Win Update

There is a thread on it here, but I'm none the wiser really. What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?

kado897, Nov 26, 2020
  3. mta3006 Win User
    What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?

I have usually downloaded and run MS Malicious Software Removal Tool each month per Update directions. Recently I found out about MS Safety Scanner (msert.exe), and read somewhere that it is superior to MSRT, and should be used instead.

Can anyone shed any light on this pair of seemingly similar tools, and make recommendations?

*Confused

mta3006, Nov 26, 2020
  4. What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?

msrt

The Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) is quite a useless and antiquated tool...

It might show during scanning any number of "infected" files but at the end of the scanning come to the conclusion that they were not infected. The result counts...

Suggestion to read these older threads (especially the posts of Rob Koch and quietman and GreginMich) which are explaining a bit about the "usefulness" of the MSRT...

I, personally, never even download/use it...

Jsssssssss, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT?

1. What’s the difference between Microsoft Security, MSRT and MSERT? - Similar Threads - What’s difference between

2. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  3. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?: Not a lot. I have never consented to have Bitlocker on my device and yet I have this mystery code that I am unable to access in order for me to access my own data. And yes I have tried all the useless suggestions from Microsoft. I have just had to pay £150 to have my computer...
  4. What is the difference between ransomware and Microsoft's Bitlocker?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?: Hello, a while back I installed MSERT on the request of one of the Independent Advisors here, I had a fakse positive, but at the time I didnt know for sure so I installed it and scanned, but anyways, what is the difference if MRT and MSERT? They seem quite similar to each...
  6. What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the difference between MRT and MSERT?: Hello, a while back I installed MSERT on the request of one of the Independent Advisors here, I had a fakse positive, but at the time I didnt know for sure so I installed it and scanned, but anyways, what is the difference if MRT and MSERT? They seem quite similar to each...
  7. What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What is the difference between third party antivirus and microsoft security antivirus -...: Do we need third party antivirus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-third-party/b818a719-e0e4-48c7-af4d-35bb6f184500
  8. What Is The Difference Between W.D. and The M.D. Antiviruses By Microsoft?

What Is The Difference Between W.D. and The M.D. Antiviruses By Microsoft?: Dear Sir/Madam, How's things?,I had found no difference between Windows 10 antivirus and or the Windows 11 antivirus by Microsoft, as they both had an over 98% to 100% in having an undetection rate/s and allowed most/all dangerous file/s to get downloaded and installed and...
  9. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  10. What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?

What are differences between MS MSRT and MSERT?: I have usually downloaded and run MS Malicious Software Removal Tool each month per Update directions. Recently I found out about MS Safety Scanner (msert.exe), and read somewhere that it is superior to MSRT, and should be used instead. Can anyone shed any light on this pair...