Windows 10: Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

Discus and support Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How to do either? Im not seeing any option to choose one them!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by love754, Sep 21, 2022.

1. love754 Win User

Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

How to do either? Im not seeing any option to choose one them!

:)

love754, Sep 21, 2022

2. After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number?

Hi,

1. After factory resetting my Asus laptop, how to install the windows os?
    2. How to get that product key because my laptop OS is in-build(windows 8)?
    3. Now which version I to install? 8 or the latest?

Thanks in advance

Hafeesh M D, Sep 21, 2022
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Sep 21, 2022
  4. Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

Difference in Lumia OS Install via Hard Reset/ Factory Reset and via Windows Device Recovery Tool

What actually difference is there in resetting phone with hard reset option in setting menu and with installing Same OS build from Windows Device Recovery Tool ? Does installing from WDRT removes the bugs and Conflicts which are there with Hard Reset ?

PARTHMEHTA2710, Sep 21, 2022
Thema:

Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

1. Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS? - Similar Threads - Whats difference between

2. Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?: How to do either? Im not seeing any option to choose one them! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-reset-os-from-factory/ed6b489f-8404-4027-8285-e9882223abda
  3. Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Whats the difference between reset OS from factory settings and re-install OS?: How to do either? Im not seeing any option to choose one them! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-the-difference-between-reset-os-from-factory/ed6b489f-8404-4027-8285-e9882223abda
  4. After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After factory resetting, How to reinstall os and os serial number?: Hi, After factory resetting my Asus laptop, how to install the windows os? How to get that product key because my laptop OS is in-buildwindows 8? Now which version I to install? 8 or the latest? Thanks in advance...
  5. Factory reset and OS updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset and OS updates: Hey all. So I plan to do a factory reset on my old laptop soon so I can get rid of it. But out of curiosity, would the factory wipe also delete Windows 10 from the hard drive and revert to Windows 8 like from when I bought it? This is not really an issue for me. I just got...
  6. What is the difference between a factory reset and...

What is the difference between a factory reset and...: What is the difference between a factory reset and (I understand what a factory reset is) and creating a new user administrator and then deleting an old user administrator leaving only the new user. I hope my question makes sense. Thanks 132232
  7. What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install

in Windows 10 Support
    What Is The Difference Between A "Windows Reset" and A "Repair/Install: I am just curious ... what is the difference between the "Windows Reset" option under Recovery and a "repair/install"? 130080
  8. Re-Installation of Original OS

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-Installation of Original OS: I bought Windows 10 pro original OS and installed in my computer recently I am facing some problems. So that I wanted to re-install the OS. I lost my original CD but I have Product ID 00330-71312-22123-AAOEM. Can I use the same product ID for the re-installation in the same...
  9. Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Any difference between These Upgrades of OS?: When I got the update for my Windows 10 Pro 10240 build 10240, the update were mentioned as Wondows 10 Pro 1511 build 10586. But when the updates were downloaded and installed, I looked into system information which mentioned as Windows 10 Pro 10586 build 10586. Are these...
  10. Upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 and need to re-install OS but no OS disk

Upgraded to Win10 from 8.1 and need to re-install OS but no OS disk: Hello, I have a Dell XPS 8700 which I upgraded to Win 10 Pro from Win 8.1 Home. The PC did not come with an operating System software disk and I now need to re-install the OS. Is there a preferred way to re-install Windows 10 Professional? Sorry if this is a very common...