Windows 10: what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

Discus and support what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andrew Goodnight, Mar 19, 2023.

1. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,

:)

Andrew Goodnight, Mar 19, 2023
  2. woodpitch Win User

advanced sharing settings

Two of my 3 machines are on 1803 and cannot share files. The other machine was still on the older version. I restored the 1803 machines to their older versions and now all 3 machines can see each other, so I know this is an 1803 problem. I tried to fix
    the sharing problem by doing the usual folder Share procedures, but it do no good. I did not know about your suggestion on this site and therefore did not do step 3. I am hoping that your procedure will work, because I see that 1803 is being downloaded on
    my machines as I am writing this note.

Thanks in advance for your help as I will be needing it in the next few hours

woodpitch, Mar 19, 2023
  3. Arun B J Win User
    C: Drive Admin Share Keeps Enabling

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows +E,

• Right click on C: drive.

• Select Sharing Tab.

• Click on Advanced Sharing.

• Uncheck “Share this folder”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

Sharing a folder

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue.

To know the username of your computer, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    2. Right click on the Command prompt icon and select Run as Administrator.
    3. Type whoami in Command Prompt window and press Enter.
    4. You will find the username of the computer, use the username and your password to access the file from the shared folder.

However, if the above steps didn’t help, I suggest you to turn off password protected sharing and check if that helps.

To turn off password protected sharing, please follow the steps mentioned below on your laptop:

1. Press and hold Windows + R key on the keyboard.
    2. Type Control and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Network and Sharing Center.
    4. Click on Change advance sharing settings.
    5. Under All Networks, click on
      Turn off password protected sharing

Hope it helps.

Please reply to this post for further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

1. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing? - Similar Threads - what's difference between

2. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  3. what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    what's the difference between sharing and advanced sharing?: hi all,1win 102right click on a folder, click "properties", then "sharing" tab, there are "sharing" and "advanced sharing".Q:1what's the difference?2which setting will take effect if both are set?thanks,...
  4. What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...

What is the difference between creating an Hotspot and the Internet connection sharing...: Basically, I don't understand what the internet connection sharing does differently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-creating-an-hotspot/596147a7-7730-47ff-9db5-af07f25f969f
  5. sharing between computers

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sharing between computers: when I create a shortcut on one desktop it then appears on all my desktops. It's driving me crazy, how do I turn this feature off submitted by /u/surfer812 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ek7w2b/sharing_between_computers/
  6. How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?

in Windows 10 Support
    How did an "advanced sharing" get moved to a different volume?: My question is HOW DID THIS HAPPEN? *Banghead I swear I didn't touch the Advanced Sharing settings on my laptop. Usually I set up shares when I first do a fresh install, and then never change them unless I add or delete drive volumes. But somehow the drive shares got changed....
  7. Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Programs and desktop are shared between different user accounts.: Hello, I have a bought a new laptop which 3 different people will share so I created 3 different user accounts for each person. I would assume that each user would see his/her own programs and desktop but that doesn't seem to be the case. When someone adds something...
  8. Network/advanced Shares

Network/advanced Shares: Is it possible to share a folder (via properties to sharing tab) that is owned by TrustedInstaller, or do I have to take ownership just like some of the folders? Please Note: I am not trying nor attempting to destroy my computer in any way shape or form, I am only asking...
  9. File sharing between users at different locations

File sharing between users at different locations: I would like to share files across different computers with different users. For example, the admin user on Desktop would like to have full control over Laptop and vice versa. I have network discovery and file sharing turned on, the proper services are started, and the...
  10. Advanced sharing query.

Advanced sharing query.: I have four computers on a network. (Two are 32 bit and two are 64 bit) On three of these, if I wish to share a folder - when I go to "GIVE ACCESS TO" - I get the usual choices. On the remaining machine, I get the one choice "ADVANCED SHARING". How can I bring this into...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com