Windows 10: What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file

Discus and support What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [img] On November 12th, Microsoft finally began rolling out its first major update for Windows 10 (build 10586). On the same day, the New Xbox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Nov 15, 2015.

1. What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file

What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file [​IMG]

Read more: http://www.windowscentral.com/whats-...source=twitter

Cluster Head, Nov 15, 2015
  2. spapakons Win User

I think the only difference is that WU allows upgrade to 10 from Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Using the ISO you can upgrade from Windows 7 without SP1 (as long as it is activated) and Windows 8.0 without required to upgrade to 8.1 first. Of course you can burn the ISO to DVD for troubleshooting, as well as using it to upgrade many computers without having to download each time. Another difference is that the ISO (from Tech Bench) supports both Windows 10 Home and Pro, depending on previous Windows version or serial (for clean-install), while WU will give you only Home or Pro. I don't remember any other difference. I vote for ISO.

:)

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
  3. What is the difference between the iso file and the slow or fast track upgrade

ISO - digital replica of a disc. You can use it to perform an offline upgrade or clean install and create a bootable copy on a USB thumbdrive or DVD.

Windows 10 Previews are distributed through several branches, to learn more about that.

Frequency and
    predictability of builds for
    Windows ...

Andre Da Costa, Nov 15, 2015
  4. What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file

What is the difference between the iso file and the slow or fast track upgrade

More specifically do the upgrade files only work with changing builds like from 10130 to 10162? And can you change a build with the iso download or is it just for change from one version of windows like windows 7 to windows 10?

HerbertMcDonald, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file

1. What's the difference between upgrading Win 10 using WU or ISO file - Similar Threads - What's difference between

2. What is the difference between Win Enterprise Device SLNG Upgrade SA and WINE3perDVC ALNG...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    What is the difference between Win Enterprise Device SLNG Upgrade SA and WINE3perDVC ALNG...: What is the difference between Win Enterprise Device SLNG Upgrade SA and WINE3perDVC ALNG UpgrdSAPk MVL total License? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-win-enterprise/76258baf-84c0-4740-9916-70097b969715
  3. What is the difference between Win Enterprise Device SLNG Upgrade SA and WINE3perDVC ALNG...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the difference between Win Enterprise Device SLNG Upgrade SA and WINE3perDVC ALNG...: What is the difference between Win Enterprise Device SLNG Upgrade SA and WINE3perDVC ALNG UpgrdSAPk MVL total License? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-difference-between-win-enterprise/76258baf-84c0-4740-9916-70097b969715
  4. What is the difference between Win Enterprise Device SLNG Upgrade SA and WINE3perDVC ALNG...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Difference Spacing in txt file between win 7 and win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Difference Spacing in txt file between win 7 and win 10: Okay, I have problem with my notepad format for txt file. first I export my file from SAP program and save them to txt file. And then i opened them on Win 7, the file is seem right. But i tried opened on my laptop win 10 its gone wrong, there was spacing on the row. But i...
  6. WU Operates Differently...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    WU Operates Differently...: Ever since the CU that got downloaded on 9/2/19, I think I see WU operating a bit differently. WU auto checks roughly every day as it has been for some time. Before today, I could bring up the WU panel and see when it last checked for updates and had the option to check for...
  7. What is the difference between Windows Update and Upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    What is the difference between Windows Update and Upgrade: [ATTACH] When it comes to Windows OS, Update and Upgrade terms may be confusing to some. Every time Microsoft rolls out a set of new features, many of us think its an upgrade while it could have been an update only. [...] This post What is the difference between Windows...
  8. Difference between academic iso and normal windows 10 iso?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between academic iso and normal windows 10 iso?: What is the difference between the academic iso and the normal windows iso off the official Microsoft website, I have an educational product key but I find it works in both versions. 119171
  9. Difference between academic iso and normal windows 10 iso?

in Windows 10 Support
    Difference between academic iso and normal windows 10 iso?: What is the difference between the academic iso and the normal windows iso off the official Microsoft website, I have an educational product key but I find it works in both versions. 119171
  10. Difference between ISO's?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Difference between ISO's?: If I download a new ISO with the MediaCreation tool from MS today, will the ISO be different from launch day? Meaning, does it contain all updates and fixes that has been sent out since launch? 26015