Windows 10: What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop...

Discus and support What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Why would the pc run slower after downgrading a subscription and the windows defender now states its blocked access to controlled folders? Also, the PC... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LilSista3rd, Sep 28, 2018.

1. What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop...

Why would the pc run slower after downgrading a subscription and the windows defender now states its blocked access to controlled folders? Also, the PC Manufacturer apps running in the background request a windows BIOS update is critical and once performed, one should NEVER go back to a previously used update file.
    It wouldn't have been noticed except that after changing to the lower level, anytime a window was closed by way of the X in upper right corner, it became red. no longer green.

:)

LilSista3rd, Sep 28, 2018
  2. Helmut Win User

Windows Power Manager or Manufacturer Power Manager ?

Currently on my Laptop the manufacturers Eco Power settings application is not installed.
    It adds in a couple of Power plans and alters the long list slightly in the Windows advanced power options. System cooling policy moves to different section in there though it seems to be the same.

The fan seems to be controlled the same whether the manufacturers Eco power app is installed or not. I never used any of the manufacturers additions which just seemed to complicate things.
    It obviously has links and is not entirely separate from Windows Power options.

Your manufacturers extra power settings/Battery manager/Eco/Green, plans, etc maybe different. You'll have to experiment, carefully.

Helmut, Sep 28, 2018
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 28, 2018
  4. What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop...

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop... 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop... 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop...

1. What's the difference between Windows system settings from the Manufacturer of the laptop... - Similar Threads - What's difference between

2. hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading...: hello! What is the difference between resetting PC from System>Recovery and downloading installation media, ISO file like Windows 11 from Microsoft's official website?In which case should I choose Reset PC and in which case should I choose option to download the installation...
  3. What's the difference between downloading operating system from cloud or from computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's the difference between downloading operating system from cloud or from computer?: Hello,I am doing a factory restore on my Windows 11 laptop. After removing all the files and apps in Recovery, I noticed that Window popped up with a question for the next stage of the factory restore: it asked if I wanted to download the "new" operating system from the cloud...
  4. What's the difference between downloading operating system from cloud or from computer?

What's the difference between downloading operating system from cloud or from computer?: Hello,I am doing a factory restore on my Windows 11 laptop. After removing all the files and apps in Recovery, I noticed that Window popped up with a question for the next stage of the factory restore: it asked if I wanted to download the "new" operating system from the cloud...
  5. What is the different between these kind of systems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the different between these kind of systems?: What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7? I don't understand! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-different-between-these-kind-of/43967793-48e3-4f9d-81fc-1f9d43e5a30a
  6. What is the different between these kind of systems?

What is the different between these kind of systems?: What is the difference between Cross-language Windows 7 and Windows 7? I don't understand! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-different-between-these-kind-of/43967793-48e3-4f9d-81fc-1f9d43e5a30a
  7. What’s the difference between these windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s the difference between these windows?: Right now I have windows 10 home. But I hear a lot about windows creator update? How do I know if I have this I’m not really sure if this is a whole is version or just an update.? If I don’t have it how do I go about getting it. I’m building a new pc and I’m installing a...
  8. What's the difference between these 2 display settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What's the difference between these 2 display settings?: Both of them seem to allow you to make stuff on the screen larger as you can see I like things to be a bit bigger on such a hi-res screen. But what's the actual difference? For example... Would either of them affect viewing a hi-res video, say on Netflix? Would one of...
  9. What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition: Why does my hard disk have a 500 megabytes unnamed active partition and and a normal 150 gigabytes boot partition as the C:\ Drive? I had thought that active, boot and system partitions were one and the same. 126832
  10. What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition

in Windows 10 Support
    What is the difference between a system partition and a boot partition: Why does my hard disk have a 500 megabytes unnamed active partition and and a normal 150 gigabytes boot partition as the C:\ Drive? I had thought that active, boot and system partitions were one and the same. 126832